Jim bowies treasure

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Re: Jim bowie's treasure

Anyone wanting to read a good book on Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett and William B. Travis should read "Three Roads to the Alamo" by William C. Davis. The writer did his homework for this book. According to the book Jim and Rezin Bowie came close to death near San Saba when ambushed by a group of over 100 Tawakoni, Waco and Caddo Indians. The Bowie expedition had been warned of the attack by some Comanche Indians.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Jim bowie's treasure

bja3908 said:
I clams to be the most experenced treasurehunter in the state of Texas

Seem to me the self proclaimed (most experenced treasurehunter ) in Texas would have his own funds for investment
10g's certainly shouldn't be a problem at least.... :dontknow:

foolsgoldtx

May 5, 2010
just curious...what does sunnyvale have to do with it? its only about 5 hours drive from brady and no where near san saba...unless there is another one that i dont know of...

also, if you have read much on bowie, many historians believe the mine was a sham to get people to relocate to Texas. bowie was a poor man, who married and swindled his way into money. obtaining titles, selling to more than one buyer, etc.
part of his agreement with the spanish was to get people to occupy Tx at the time, why not create a story of a mine?
it is said that he constantly searched for and never found it. had a handful of skirmishes with indians, losing some men
i have no doubt that he saw a lot of money in his misleading lifetime, but i have high doubts that there is anything of value to be found today

if you have other research to show otherwise, and did the research and believe its there with sufficient proof, 10k is pretty easy to come by
to me its just an interesting legend

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Best if somebody goes and reads C.F. Eckhardt's book, THE LOST SAN SABA MINES. He talks about Bowie's actual time in the hill country of Texas. I won't argue with anyone and God Bless you if you wander around searching for riches. You will not be the first or the last. Again, just read the book and quit believing in fairy tales. foolsgoldtx is sort of close, but not really, but the reason can be debated. Again, read the book...

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain to them what is in that cave so they can give you a small part of their money to you,and that treasure will be in a museum

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Notyourtacosalad, are you talking to me? This is mostly an old thread from 2011, makes no sense, has nothing to do with truth, history or accuracy and is just plain stupid. I hate to see folks spend money and time on something that doesn't exist. As for the person asking for money, well, better watch out... There is no Bowie cave, mine buried loot or anything else. There was no banking mission in Menard and it was always silver and not gold. This reminds me of those yahoos that live in New York and write Alamo books. Watch a movie, read a dime novel and suddenly you know where the treasure is. Only there is no treasure.

Last edited:

almagres

Jan 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you say the state would take the money? I figured they would claim the site as historical...but it was never Texas's to begin with...btw, hello and nice to meet you Harley...I have 500 acres in the old san saba territories..with a rock breastwork fence with a rock circle out of the middle higher than the rest..a site that looks like a grave..a triangular shaped mound of field stone out of triangle shaped rocks and on top a big rock triangle...within eyesight is a hill with red rock in it with a cave on the top side with a hole down the back and a spanish triangle with holes marking it. I have been digging this hole but I am not strong...hope to update soon.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you say the state would take the money? I figured they would claim the site as historical...but it was never Texas's to begin with...btw, hello and nice to meet you Harley...I have 500 acres in the old san saba territories..with a rock breastwork fence with a rock circle out of the middle higher than the rest..a site that looks like a grave..a triangular shaped mound of field stone out of triangle shaped rocks and on top a big rock triangle...within eyesight is a hill with red rock in it with a cave on the top side with a hole down the back and a spanish triangle with holes marking it. I have been digging this hole but I am not strong...hope to update soon.

Nice to meet you Almagres! Welcome to T-net!

The fact of power in the graberment world is NOT to let the lower "man of no power" to have anything. You will have many who has power to have judges and even Archies to go against you just so they can steal what they can from you nad prevent you from getting any wealth from it. I know down in Padre Island National Park you can't even pick up a piece of 8 if you found on the beach due to the antiquity laws here. Hence the reason many divers have not attempted to recover some silver and possibly gold that had sunk of the coast of Texas.

I heard stories of people walking the beaches around Padre finding a piece of 8 here and there, but thats about it.

If there is anything on your land, I certainly WOULD NOT TELL ANYONE in the graberment and certainly DON'T publicly announce it!

If something of value is found, it can be sold and disbursed under the black market, but you have to know just who to deal with. You may not get full value, but you at least get a big part of it.

waybill

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2014
Detector(s) used
At pro -aqua pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texas will take everything pre 1900s including shipwrecks if you want the treasure you better go pirate on there ass lol.

waybill

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2014
Detector(s) used
At pro -aqua pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there a blue rock around there ?

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience in this old world, the only people that have ever told me "God bless you" outside of a lion's den, either want something or is trying to sell me a stereo or empty tv box while I'm pumping gas because their dog has rabies, they ran out of gas on the way to their grandmother's funeral or their methamphetamine addicted baby needs formula. Will work for food. Do you dig, or do you dig, or do you just dig...(quote by some azhhat thankfully forgotten Lol)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread