Jim bowies treasure

Oct 8, 2004
Ferris Texas
Jim bowie's treasure

I have jim's treasure located , it is near Brady Tx, need funds for recovery , about $10.000 to reopen this cave. I clams to be the most experenced treasurehunter in the state of Texas , I have searched for only famous Texas lost treasures, this will make history, my intrest will be 25% of total, 25% to my investor and 50% to landowner contact me if you love history and Money refs. Upon request. Contact Txtreasurehunter@ alo

K

Kentucky Kache

Re: Jim bowie's treasure

txtreasurehunter said:
I have jim's treasure located , it is near Brady Tx, need funds for recovery , about $10.000 to reopen this cave. I clams to be the most experenced treasurehunter in the state of Texas , I have searched for only famous Texas lost treasures, this will make history, my intrest will be 25% of total, 25% to my investor and 50% to landowner contact me if you love history and Money refs. Upon request. Contact Txtreasurehunter@ alo

If you've already located the treasure, and the landowner is already on board, what is the $10,000 for?

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer

txtreasurehunter said:

What does your research tell you is in "Jim Bowie's" cave?

Oddrock

OP
OP
T
Oct 8, 2004
Ferris Texas

The money is for recover efforts, I thing it can be done for less, but what if this or that ? What if we needed security or anything that came up, I will not stop once I have started

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

txtreasurehunter said:
The money is for recover efforts, I thing it can be done for less, but what if this or that ? What if we needed security or anything that came up, I will not stop once I have started

Hey I can operate a shovel or heavy equipment, Also I can provide security. I could probably get some of my team mates to help with security as well, they are like me but some are a little more aggressive.

The REAL question is; "What steps are being taken to PREVENT the state to come take it all after it is found?" Then what?

I am asking this is because I could be interested in maybe funding SOME money, maybe borrow some heavy equipment, (as I know someone who has some), and labor work, etc. I myself as anyone here probably would not want to fork out money, hard work, and time only for the state to come in with their Nazis and come take it all away.

Just my opinion.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scar

Dec 25, 2010

I am a novice but have read a bit on the Bowie's. My question is this "Why would Jim Bowie hide his treasure in Texas"? He was a Louisiana boy. Would someone hide something several hundred miles from home?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GoodyGuy said:
Hey txtreasurehunter,

What was the outcome of the Sam Bass / Jesse James / Cole Younger / Knights of the Golden Circle deposit / cave you were looking for funds and help with back in 2004?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,4005.msg20378.html#msg20378

GG~

Hey GG how you been? You bring up a very good point!!! Not to rain on anyones parade, but nothing further on the link of info and now looking for someone to invest money for something else?

Yeah, I need to see FACTS before I fork any money out. Of course I would devote my time to be SHOWN the proof, but as I said, WHAT ACTIONS are being taken to INSURE the state is not going to come in and take 100% of the finds.

Point being, I know where some gold mines are in AZ, NM, CO, CA, OR, etc, just to name a few. I guess I could get "INVESTORS" to donate me money to go look for them.

Kind of what this post seems. I personally smell something funny unless the poster wants to explain what PROOF he has to PREVENT the state from coming in and taking it because we ALL know that is exactly what will happen. Unless it is done by keeping the mouth shut, but it is already made public here so some one is going to know about it.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scar said:
I am a novice but have read a bit on the Bowie's. My question is this "Why would Jim Bowie hide his treasure in Texas"? He was a Louisiana boy. Would someone hide something several hundred miles from home?

Jim Bowie actually had silver mines here in Texas. He had became blood brothers with the Indians in the area only to gain the location of several mines.

I am from Louisiana as well, but if I could become friends with people who would gain me access to a silver or gold mines, Louisiana would be the furthest thing on my mind.

There are many caves in various regions of Texas, Louisiana is mostly swamp land. So it would be easier to hide treasures in areas where there are numerous cave systems.

Scar

Dec 25, 2010

You are wrong, Louisiana is not all swamp land.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scar said:
You are wrong, Louisiana is not all swamp land.

Figuratively speaking a good portion of my statement you took out of context, meaning there are NO CAVES in Louisiana. Most of it is small rolling hills and flat land, until you get some areas with bigger hills in central Louisiana, but that is it.

The ground is too moist/soft for rock structures to form faults in the earths crust compared to Texas. Texas also HAS mountians which therefore has caves, faults in the earths crust, etc, which also produced gold and silver which Louisiana has not.

Scar

Dec 25, 2010

Harley, the bourbon got me out of context. What part of Louisiana are you from? I have read stories of caves in Louisiana. One story tells of a pygmy mummy found in a cave somewhere around the area where Natchitoches, Sabine and Vernon Parishes come together. In this area you will also find out-crops of stone.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scar said:
Harley, the bourbon got me out of context. What part of Louisiana are you from? I have read stories of caves in Louisiana. One story tells of a pygmy mummy found in a cave somewhere around the area where Natchitoches, Sabine and Vernon Parishes come together. In this area you will also find out-crops of stone.

My parents moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana when I was 11 years old. I lived there until I was in my mid 20's when I joined the Army. I went back there once in a while to live temporarily and work, as I was in the Guard at the time, then in my early 30's went back on Active Duty.

I used to go out to Audubon Plantation and the Civil War Battlefield in St Francisville, and went up to Tacoma Falls, I wished I knew about treasure hunting and metal detecting back then. I probably could have found a bunch of stuff!
I know there could be some possibilities of some small caves, etc in northen and eastern La.

I don't recall hearing about a mummy being found. When was that and do you have a link?

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx

I clams to be the most experenced treasurehunter in the state of Texas

Seem to me the self proclaimed (most experenced treasurehunter ) in Texas would have his own funds for investment

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

IMHO - Bowie learned of the location of "a cave of silver" - that was secreted away in Texas in 1639 by Indians who had revolted in silver mines - where they were enslaved in northern Mexico.... after he married Maria Ursula de Veramendi.... the daughter of the Viceroy of Mexico.

Bowie never found the treasure, but looked quite a lot in the Llano / Menard area of Texas.

There is at least one person here in this forum, that has spent MANY years looking for it - and may have actually found it.

I would not give much credence to anyone who claims to have made such a discovery WHILE asking for funding. (this or any other discovery)

Just my 2¢ 8)

Marc

p.s., good catch GoodyGuy!

Scar

Dec 25, 2010

Harley, the tale of the mummy is part of my research at this point in time, so I don't want to disclose to much on that subject. My area of interest is El Camino Royal and the area encompassing "No Mans Land". Jim Bowie and Jean Lafitte were connected with some of their dealings, so that opens the door to big money on the dealings with slaves and contraband. It is my opinion that Jim Bowie, held Central Louisiana as his home, till his death. There are all kinds of stories that link him to Texas but Texas stories seem to get blown out of kilter and made bigger than they really were.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Marc said:
IMHO - Bowie learned of the location of "a cave of silver" - that was secreted away in Texas in 1639 by Indians who had revolted in silver mines - where they were enslaved in northern Mexico.... after he married Maria Ursula de Veramendi.... the daughter of the Viceroy of Mexico.

Bowie never found the treasure, but looked quite a lot in the Llano / Menard area of Texas.

There is at least one person here in this forum, that has spent MANY years looking for it - and may have actually found it.

I would not give much credence to anyone who claims to have made such a discovery WHILE asking for funding. (this or any other discovery)

Just my 2¢ 8)

Marc

p.s., good catch GoodyGuy!

Hey Marc, didn't you have info on it or something but couldn't get permission from the land owner so you could check it out or something like that? I don't remember if it was that one, but I remember reading something of that nature.

Would be cool to find, but also suck if the state or feds came in and took it all after it was found!

OP
OP
T
Oct 8, 2004
Ferris Texas

It is not all about money, the state of Texas will be called in to take charge of all things found, however the state have not looked for Jim's treasure, have not invested one thin dime , have oneone looking for it, this treasure is not on state or goverment. Land, this treasure will go to court according to my attorney and the law school a SMU, states that in their judgement, on judge or jury will give all of this treasure to the state because the state has no one looking for this and has never looked for this treasure. This treasure is historical famous, it need to be recovered, when I pass it will never be found, if you want a part of history contact me, the state of Texas will give me a finders fee of $ 10,000 that's my next step, if no one will help me. There is many other ways to recover all funds from our find, good morring American interviews , book rights andovie rights , dig tours , hell someone could sell hotdogs. Thank you for any help, you won't be sorry. I want to answer all questions anyone has, someone said this treasurehunter posited back in years past about another treasure, I did it was a treasure about lights of the golden circle , this treasure is located , contracts are befor the city of sunneyvale Texas, the city tell me they need a new mayor that the mayor will not approve anything the city concel wants to do , so I will wait on this to happen ,this treasure is valued over 2 billon dollars most in gold it took 28 years to locate. Another question was what in jim's treasure , 500 Jack loads of gold and silver taken from the spanards contact me at txtreasurehunter@aol God bless

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

txtreasurehunter said:
It is not all about money, the state of Texas will be called in to take charge of all things found, however the state have not looked for Jim's treasure, have not invested one thin dime , have oneone looking for it, this treasure is not on state or goverment. Land, this treasure will go to court according to my attorney and the law school a SMU, states that in their judgement, on judge or jury will give all of this treasure to the state because the state has no one looking for this and has never looked for this treasure. This treasure is historical famous, it need to be recovered, when I pass it will never be found, if you want a part of history contact me, the state of Texas will give me a finders fee of $ 10,000 that's my next step, if no one will help me. There is many other ways to recover all funds from our find, good morring American interviews , book rights andovie rights , dig tours , hell someone could sell hotdogs. Thank you for any help, you won't be sorry. I want to answer all questions anyone has, someone said this treasurehunter posited back in years past about another treasure, I did it was a treasure about lights of the golden circle , this treasure is located , contracts are befor the city of sunneyvale Texas, the city tell me they need a new mayor that the mayor will not approve anything the city concel wants to do , so I will wait on this to happen ,this treasure is valued over 2 billon dollars most in gold it took 28 years to locate. Another question was what in jim's treasure , 500 Jack loads of gold and silver taken from the spanards contact me at txtreasurehunter@aol God bless

You may want to contact Floyd Mann. I haven't heard from him in a while but try his e-mail: [email protected]
If that doesn't work try: [email protected]
He has resources and experience. You probably have heard of him, if not just google his name.

Also you might contact the History Channel, they may want to film the whole expedition.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread