Travel channel program on Jim Bowie's mine, cave

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stayed up late last night to watch the program. What a waste of time.
The program started with a picture of two men with knives and the idea was that one of them was Jim Bowie. Wrong!
The two brothers need to read David Lewis' book THE SAN SABA TREASURE LEGENDS OF SILVER CREEK. That would answer all their questions.
I have been to the "Egged shaped basin" and have gone down the metal ladder into the cave. They apparently have no idea what went on in the cave.
The only thing they got right was at the end they stated that they thought there never was any silver mine in the area.
Too bad, it's a great story but they missed it.
Also, they gave the impression that in Texas you could drive anywhere, get out, metal detect, prospect, etc. Wrong! Almost all of Texas is private land. Texans don't like strangers poking around on their property. It could be dangerous.
The lady they spoke with at the egg shaped basin is a super nice person, but she and her husband do not want treasure hunters bothering them. Her husband is a large man and I would not wish to have him upset at me. So my advice would be, leave them alone.
If you really want to know what happened, read the book.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I taped it. Thanks for the heads up!:icon_thumright:

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That whole series "Lost Gold" has to be one of the worst treasure related shows I have ever seen! They are literally just trying to ride coat tails!

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice review I haven't watched the episode I'm in yet. Still i bet it was a big hit since the mllions who watched it will believe it's all true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread