Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Dec 2010
    Pawhuska, Oklahoma
    white's xlt
    5 times

Re: This forum is dead

Samuel, well... how many Civil War veterans were there? Add to this the ability for a "belt" to be worn to hold up a person's britches. Many belts have been worn through the years. This was a belt buckle. Not uncommon once upon a time... but now exceedingly rare. Awesome find. Such a buckle could be almost anywhere when the belt was eventually lost or discarded. There are so few and these buckles are highly sought after. The location can be easily explained away by the probability of a civil war vet. having lived there for a spell. Wonder what else could be there in the area? One mans trash from the 1870's or 80's is another mans treasure now.
    Always looking 4 loot

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

that's an awesome find

us
    May 2007
    North Central Kansas
    Explorer SE T2 / Garrett Ace 250 / White DFX 300 / F75 X-Terra 705
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Iam from the Logan kansas area far north center of the state don't spend allot of time on the states site. usallly to cold and frozen this time of the year to metal detect, do allot of research and planing this time of year.

us
    Jan 2008
    Holton, Ks
    Explorer SE Pro w/ Sunray, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
    3 times

I finally got brave enough to start digging the lower tones like pull tabs and nickels if they appear to have a little depth and i found a nickel from 49 from my yard. Not that thats anything other then 5 cents but it was nice to know that i could dig something with that sound and crosshair pattern that wasnt a pull tab. I just cant figure out if there just isnt any silver in my yard or if im not getting enough depth. I have found wheats from 1927 all the way up to modern day pennys. Also found dimes as old as 65 thru the 70's. Also quarters. But by gosh if i cannot find a silver to save my life. Maybe i cant get deep enough with the factory pattern program, but i wouldnt think they would be much deeper than the wheats and most of them have been around 6 inches

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

one thing I found with my etrac, if it's not making a nice tone, it's just not there. i wouldn't worry about not finding silver in your yard, try some other places. look for places off the beaten path. I drive up and down country roads and look for the roads that are maybe a dead end with old houses, and start asking for permission to md. good luck

us
    Jan 2008
    Holton, Ks
    Explorer SE Pro w/ Sunray, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
    3 times

I have permission to detect hundreds of old homesteads in the country around here, and i have tried a couple. One thing i have noticed is that they are terribly trashy. As far as iron goes, even places that are just fields with no reminince of the old house have lots of trash signals in the ground. I just need to get out there and get more time on it i guess. Thanks

us
    Dirt Wizard

Sep 2011
    Wichita, Kansas
    XP Deus, Tesoro Compadre
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I don't know why there aren't more Kansas people in TNet. You can't swing a cat in the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum without hitting a Kansas hunter.

I know there are at least 10 people from Wichita alone in that forum. I discovered the FMDF long before I found TNet.
    Disturbing the soil since May, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links