Morland, KS Treasure?

UnrepentantSinner

Sep 12, 2012
NW KS
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT GOLD, AT PRO, TM-818, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard of this? I'm not too far from there and thinking about trying to research it a bit. Its a very very small town now and the Soloman is almost completely dry. Seems like a good time for some searching if could come up with some leads.

Morland KS: A party of either Spaniards or California gold miners threw a chest of treasure into the Soloman River near Morland when they were attacked by Indians. The river changed course and the chest was never recovered. Some sources claim that the treasure, now under dry ground, was a hoard of gold bars worth $400,000.

along15

Greenie
Jul 22, 2013
Wichita, KS
I heard tale of that on another website but its the same info. I am very interested in this as well though! Been trying to find some soild information on this and also the Dodge City Spanish gold as well. Be interested to hear what you find out!

Cord14

Jun 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I am from Moreland seen people go after this before most of what I dig up around there is dinosaurs the water variety of the treasure the most likely isn't exactly on the Solomon I've dug in that area for years The river and the creeks in that area and have change many times in the river going into the salmon from A guy named Alan tolls The last area I seen a major dig it was over by Francis and shakers I know the area very well I've hunted it if the treasures there you're going to have to dig about a about 500 yards from where the river is now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread