roll call

shep

Aug 9, 2008
Council Grove area . . . been researching and searching off and on for 30 years in Kansas.

Jimmy

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Howdy all, I live in Arkansas City, Ks. Have been hunting for 5 years. Would love to hook up with someone in south centeral Ks. for detecting fun.

Colopanner55

Sep 21, 2008
Hi All, Newbie here from Cherryvale. (Colopanner55) Just acquired a like new MXT and am ready to start in. We've got a small trailer in the Colo mountains. Can't wait to get back there (probably next year) to do a little more prospecting. Also have gold pans, hand sluice, highbanker & 3" dredge. (Still need pump and hoses for the highbanker and dredge. Hope to get the highbanker up and running by Spring.) Are there any clubs closer than KC or Wichita?

mamamoonie

Sep 27, 2008
Hi all! Just found this site, I am a newbie in Salina, and just moved here from NH, where I was an avis cellarhole digger. I'm very interested in ghost towns and would appreciate any tips on where to start looking around this area!

:D
Moonie

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Mama, if you go to your local library, they should have three different books on Kansas ghost towns, all written by the same guy

Sniffer

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
I live in Overland Park, Kansas. I hunt Missouri as well as Kansas. There is
just so many good places in this area that haven't seen a metal detector.

dumpdigger

Nov 30, 2008
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XLT, Vaquero & Fisher 1280
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arkansas City, Metal Detect, dump and privy dig

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Coldwater. South of Greensburg. I'm new here also.
Happy New Year!

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in the North Kansas city area, work in Leavenworth....

mc223

Greenie
Jan 15, 2009
Riverton Ks.
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
M-6
Well I grew up kinda between Baxter Springs and Galena. I have since moved to Wisconsin, but I can't help wanting to be back in Kansas. Especially when I look outside to see 2 feet of snow and the temp right now is -9°!
There are a lot of good places in SE Kansas. Baxter Springs was the site of Quantrills massacre(just north of Brush Creek on the East side of HWY 69/400. I have found a few relics of the battle including pistol parts, a few cannon balls and some unfired Spencer cartridges. I owned the adjoining property to the south of the battle site for a time and found lots of musket balls and misc pieces and parts off wagons etc.
Galena was a big mining town back in it's day. It is now a superfund site, so you need to hurry before it all is reclaimed. There are still a lot of really interesting yards in Galena and a lot of vacant lots. Schermerhorn park just south of Galena is still in use and has been a regular swimming and adventure park since the early days of Galena. Within the park is the site of an old Boy Scout camp that was used for a lot of years. There are caves on the bluff overlooking Shoal Creek where my friends and I would play. I never had much money when I was a kid but I bet I lost something at Schermerhorn Park. Happy Hunting!

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Lastleg, I'm in Ford county(Dodge City). Not too far from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread