rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega

eric in ks

Oct 29, 2005
middle america
I'm a few miles west of Wichita in a town that didn't really grow until the mid 1880's. My buddy relikhunter lives in southeast kansas also, and digs lots of good stuff. I don't think people in these farming communities had a lot to lose. HH, Eric

M

Mike B.

I live in Dodge City.

Plenty of places to hunt here.

Fort Dodge is just down the road 5 miles. Although hunting on the old soldiers fort is forbidden, there is a corn field just east of the fort that I have secured permission to hunt. It was the area in which the army practiced shooting, marching and various other activities. Over the years relics are getting harder to find. Those left are being hit by the plow and other impliments. Have found literally 100's of old shell casings and a couple of old steel buttons from the uniforms worn in the 1860's.

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am way out here by Hays. I have been hunting for almost 25 years. I have had the pleasure of hunting for coins as well as relics, and even tho things are getting harder and harder to find, I still manage to do ok. Have been on many of the Butterfield Overland Despatch stations along the Smoky Hill trail as well as hunting a 7th cavalry camp that took me years of research to track down. But like you always hear, the research pays off.
So many places to hunt and so little time...........

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Caldwell south of Wichita. Hunt the Chisholm trail. Been hunting off and on since the 70's.
Burdie

TreasureNutt

Mar 29, 2007
I live in Kansas City and am new to all of this. I would like any tips or tricks that anyone could pass onto me. Thanks

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Hey rebellt i'm next door to ya in allen co.Been hunting for about 4 yrs. now and love it .Used to hang out at twister's in pittsburg........rh

diggerodell

Jul 3, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
I'm in Lyons. I've been detecting since the '60's. I use a Tracker IV bounty hunter which I wish I had when I first started detecting. It is the first detector that I can say has paid for itself. The oldest coin I've found is an 1874 Indian head. I like finding tokens best. They are all cool to find but one I treasure the most is a watch fob from the Lyons Central Flour Mill which would date to the early 1900's. The ball diamond is the best place to hunt here in Lyons. I've also hunted the State Fair Grounds in Hutchinson and I find wheaties there every time.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about 12 mi NW of Mcpherson. I've been detecting on our farm for about 3 years. I got my son a detector about 6 years ago, he's moved on to girls and cars :)

Lots of iron, a few bottles, a few artifacts

I'm surprised to see so many folks here in KS.

brnt_amrcan

Greenie
Apr 17, 2007
Joplin,MO
I lived in Pittsburg, moved joplin,mo two years ago. All my family live in Pittsburg.
Just started md going to a fram houses were a tornado took them out, hope I have some good finds

Amrcan

phantomx6

Greenie
Feb 16, 2006
Kansas City, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett GTA 500, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher CZ3D, Minelab Explorer SE, White DFX
I live in Kansas City, KS and hunt in both Kansas and Missouri. I like to own and experiment with many different detectors -- and have to admit I'm addicted to this wonderful hobby.

digadime69

Dec 25, 2007
:) :) :)MC
I live in Allen co LaHarpe. I have been in the hobby sence 1979. Do most of my detecting in allen co
and some in bronson ks. Have hunted in humboldt,chanute,moran,bronson,mound city,bluemound.
Lived in moran most of my life. untell my second wife and I moved here 5yre a go.
I hunt for coins only. But do find rings,Baggage check,s EXS. Not much on relic hunting.
Have 1920 map of laharpe would share if you are interested allen co poeple & out of county guys.
Dont have camera to show finds. HH Digadime69 Don Higinbotham.

digadime69

Dec 25, 2007
:)Hay again.
Had a nice surperise one day last week. Had sent my Teknetics T2 in for a check up. After two weeks
I called the co to see way I had not got it back yet. The gal said it is on its way. When I got it and opened the box I told my wife to look at this. What she said. this is not the detector I sent in. In fact it is a new one. No dust, dirt, scratch,s, Not even the mar on the battery box. My ID mark on the in side of the battery
box is gone. and you cant get read of that.
Hay Relichunter Have you ever hunted over here in the Iola Sq. ? Guess what I was told that that the Sq
is offlimits To hunting by the cops here. I was there one sunday morn. When a cop stoped and ask me to
leave. That the county had told him if he seen any one diging to run them off. OK so I called kent thompson ask if the commis. had talk about this. He said no but that he would check in to it. Haveint
heard from him. But will see him today and find out. Got to go. HH digadime69 Don

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
I'm a Wichita newbie, from Las Vegas,NV., and retired.

I've been THing 25 yrs. Until recently, I went to Europe twice a year to dig the Roman stuff. A worn out back makes me partial to beach recovery, but I'm still game for anything but water recovery.

Have van..... will travel...shoot pool, play poker, cuss, drink, [not much] , and B.S. with the best. I prefer THing, pool, and poker. Any takers? ;D

PS) I'll be leaving for Central America
in ten days or less, and will away several
weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread