Suggestion for Wichita Area hunts

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Hello, My son and I are looking for suggestions for area around Wichita Ks. to hunt. My son is 8 and just gets pscyed up with any finds and it is great bounding time so if any one has any suggestion it would be appreitated. We have hit many house and he wants to streach his legs thanks again an GOD BLESS
Monty :icon_jokercolor: Thanks for the response Do you need permission? That only about 2 miles from the hossenda. We hith the wifes uncle "5 acres" found 65 cents and an old haims pull styl beer can. If you want to detect with us just let me know. I am out right now with a torn and bulging disk the docs got me waking and limit duties and wants me up and about as much as i can. Meet me for coffee sometime I use an ace 250 aswell. It is rocking the last time I was detecting was late 70's early 80's and today detector rock beyond belief Thanks godd luck hunting and GOD BLESS Monty

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro Tejon & 2 Banditos, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
There is a place you could try in Wichita. I have not hunted there but it should yield alot of fun. It's an old school yard on Mt Vernon and west Woodlawn. West of Drollinger St. It's an old school house that is no longer in use that was purchased by the city and they are cleaning up Gypsum creek. It's in a decent area I think for you and your son. Thats all I really know about it.. I have been there and want to MD it myself this spring.

Good luck,
Jason

OP
OP
Huntn FireH2o

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
We hit this area only to find various cans and a large chunk of scap iron. Logan still had fun , it is more about the hunt than the find although a nice find never hurts , thanks to ks hunter for the suggestion GOD BLESS good luck huntin Monty

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang fellas,
I wish you had better luck there. But it's alot of area to cover. I'll keep my ears tuned for other places. I hate sending you down the wrong path. I will keep looking.

Jason

OP
OP
Huntn FireH2o

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
Jason, We just hit north of the bridge they look to be doing work all the way down to the park. We will proubly hit it again this weekend if it doesnt rain and my back will handle it I m getting another facect epidrirual for my torn disc "fun". Your welcome to meet us out there. I'll bring the starbucks. My son Logan 8 years old, wants to meet some other md 'rs in the area. We are planning to hit fall river township there a couple buddies out there. I have been reading about some guys and ark city flood zone. do you know anything about these? We hope we see ya sometime until then GOD BLESS and good luck Monty ps is there a local club in the area

jtnjetta

Jan 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,Vaquero, golden Umax,Compadre
you might try OJ watson park, big park lots of people.
there's also a club or two in wichita. I'll have to check for times and locations and post more later.
HH

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jtnjetta said:
you might try OJ watson park, big park lots of people.
there's also a club or two in wichita. I'll have to check for times and locations and post more later.
HH

I thinks its the first or second Friday of the month at Gander Mountain around 7:00ish I happened to glance at a flyer while at LLoyds Electronics. But, I know it was at Gander MT.

"Huntin FireH2o"

I am not overly familiar with areas outside Wichita. My expertise in old settlment is in the NE Kansas area. Where I grew up. The rain didn't miss us today :( . Sometime we will have to cross paths...

Laters
Jason

OP
OP
Huntn FireH2o

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
Right on ,thanks guys ,little man will like to hear that. We' ll have to dig some holes sometime. We plan to hit one or two places this weekend , the needle gets stuck in my back @ 800am with the cortazone. But the ''Boy Wonder'' AKA Logan says he' ll dig for the old man if I just take him out. Although he gets first pick of the finds. Its his birthday weekend , born on the Tax day, so he gets to play at being boss man. He is a good kid so I am trying to do as much as possible to keep him that way. We went deer huntin two years ago and he is still a wee young to catch the fever. But the boy can catfish with the best of em. I guess I stop babling and just say thanks man and GOD BLESS and good luck hunt n Monty P.S. Just let me know Jason man

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
If you're looking for a good place to hunt, try the common areas on so. hydraulic in front of joyland amusement park
as far as watson park, I've been there, found a lot of pull tabs and not much else

Sniffer

OP
OP
Huntn FireH2o

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
We started there Sat. found a nickel right off. Then little man sarted to pick up some trash and found a box to a male inhancement device and the ???? started with giggles. Ran to Cessna and got 30odd cents and he ran the 300 in the front and hit ahole with27 cents. He had a blast. Thanks for the suggestion. God Bless HH L8tr Huntn

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear you didn't get skunked... That's what makes it worth while.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ! there were just a bit south of ya across the border ;D we take our 8 yr. old grandsonson detecting gave him one for Christmas, he goes out in his own yard when hes not out with us. We are taking him to Sapulpa, Ok. it is a planted hunt -- his 1st, next Sat. maybe this summer we can get them togeather for a hunt ;D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it also looks like they are removing the elementary school at 47th st S and Hydraulic. looks like it may cough some goodies

Sniffer

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen that school the other day. Thought it looked a little vacant.

OP
OP
Huntn FireH2o

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
I have worked on the cable out there part the cable in the classroom for the kiddies. Ill try to get that way Thanks GOD BLESS HH :thumbsup:Huntn

wyattco

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2008
Hunting with my son in Wichita. Any other hunters out there looking to get together? We are both pretty new at this.

James

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread