Anyone had ordering problems with KellyCo?

kiltednerd

May 10, 2011
I tried a couple weeks ago to order a Garrett ProPointer, a Lesche digger and a Whites Bag.

Well the bag didn't have a price, it said to call for special prices....

I talked to a lady and she gave me the price, since there wasn't an "add to cart" button online. I had to place the order over the phone.

When I told her I wanted to place an order, she transferred me to a guy in sales (Should have got his name). He took my order, which took a while, then he took my credit card info with billing and shipping address, then asked for my email address.

I opted for 2nd day air so I would get it before the weekend trip with my brother to a old home site.

Friday came and no box from KellyCo.

I called and a wonderful lady helped me but she had no record of my order and my card hadn't been charged. She said she was going to pass it on to a superior and they would give me a call back when they figured out what was going on...

Over a week with no phone call..... My card was never charged so I assume the order was just lost, which is OK, stuff happens but....

I really need a pinpointer and I hear they are usually very good to deal with, has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be fine. they will check this forum shortly. I'm sending Raul an PM now on it.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i ordered a garrett pinpointer earlier this spring. they were on back order (which i knew before ordering) and it took about 2 weeks. i also ordered a larger search coil 2 weeks ago and it came in 4 days. i used a credit card for both purchases. i would say overall i am satisfied with them. good luck.

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried a couple weeks ago to order a Garrett ProPointer, a Lesche digger and a Whites Bag.

Well the bag didn't have a price, it said to call for special prices....

I talked to a lady and she gave me the price, since there wasn't an "add to cart" button online. I had to place the order over the phone.

When I told her I wanted to place an order, she transferred me to a guy in sales (Should have got his name). He took my order, which took a while, then he took my credit card info with billing and shipping address, then asked for my email address.

I opted for 2nd day air so I would get it before the weekend trip with my brother to a old home site.

Friday came and no box from KellyCo.

I called and a wonderful lady helped me but she had no record of my order and my card hadn't been charged. She said she was going to pass it on to a superior and they would give me a call back when they figured out what was going on...

Over a week with no phone call..... My card was never charged so I assume the order was just lost, which is OK, stuff happens but....

I really need a pinpointer and I hear they are usually very good to deal with, has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance

Hey kiltednerd,

Shoot me your order number or name the order should have been under and I will verify for you and if there was an issue I will correct it and make sure you get what you ordered with expedited shipping.

Thanks,
Dan

Buffalo Morris

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2011
Benson/Montevideo area, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, White Classic 5ID, White M6, Fisher 553D, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had very fast shipping with Kellyco and am satisfied with what I got from them. I have ordered other detectors and items from them several times. They can't be beat. I only have one issue and that is with the free stuff. I wish they had a better way of packing it. I just opened a Minelab Safari from them today and the free digger that was packed loose with all the other free stuff had punctured the screen. I am sure Kellyco will resolve the issue but I do not want to send the free stuff back with the machine just to have the same free stuff puncture another hole with the replacement. This was not FedX shipping. The shipping box came in perfect condition. I had a planned detecting adventure this week and it would have been nice to have the new machine. Needless to say I am a little disappointed but than again not too concerned because Kellyco has been great in the past with resolving issues. I had the same thing happen to another detector a few years ago in shipping. Something loose from the way it was packed punctured the screen. Has any one else had this issue?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man i just ordered a new coil from them i hope i dont have any issues

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my ACE 350 from KellyCo they were nice & friendly always answering my questions. But delivery took for ever... I never thought 3 or 4 days could be soooo long. Its like they say the "Watched pot never boils!" Like the kid looking at the Christmas tree "will Christmas EVER get here?"

I have had good experience with KellyCo and found them to be very attentive to my inquiries as a customer. I have to give them the thumbs up. In todays fast paced society we tend only take the time to speak up when things go wrong. I wanted to take the time to chime in to give some praise.

Looking at the dates of the posts, it may be that summer is a more hectic time for metal detector vendors... people itching to get out doors?

Last edited:

tigerbeetle

Jan 2, 2009
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco is as good as it gets. I've been ordering from them for almost 40 years now -- at least 25 machines. Flawless. However, they recently updated their records system and all my years of being a fervid buyer has apparently been erased. No biggy. I just like them to know about my past record with them when I order anew. In fact, awaiting a new Fisher F75 from them -- likely in today or tomorrow.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I purchased a Fisher F2 from them. They gave a very good price and shipped very fast.

Last edited:

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family has been dealing with Kellyco since the 80's we have had excellent service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread