One More "I wont be ordering from KellyCo" thread.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One More "I won't be ordering from KellyCo" thread.

A while back I wanted to order an AT PRO detector. They list just the basic detector on the site (with just carrying case and belt bag and nice digger), but when I called to order they told me that the only thing in stock was the "AT PRO Adventure pack". What a rip, but my own fault to fall into this. I wish I had shopped around a little more before purchasing. This pack included a fake treasure coin, and a "string backpack" and another cheezy belt bag. The quality of the automax pinpointer is a joke. They advertise this package as "$361.09" in free accessories. I have already thrown most of the "free" stuff in the trash, it is that cheezy. I'm not pleased with the "bait and switch" they pulled on me, and am here now to give them a big thumbs down.:thumb_down: Buyer Beware.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the diggers shows on, I have seen a shortage or waiting list on premium items like Detectors. That would probably apply to Freebies added to your purchase. How much did this pack actually cost? I also would say anything treasure related is very expensive, even the cheezy stuff. How is the AT Pro, I considered a AT Pro as a future purchase.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man, At least they didnt process your order and then wait for almost a week before they refund your money and THEN tell you its out of stock lol. Im thinking it has to do with tax time and a huge influx in business,Then you add in drop shippers from ebay selling kellyco products over spot for a profit etc, Could make for some internal warehouse problems. Im hoping that kellyco gets sorted out within the next few months because they do tend to run some real good deals from time to time that just cant be had from other dealers.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really the principle of the bait & switch that got me ticked off. If they are out of stock, they should say so on the website. The regular kit was in the big box I got with the other junk, and I mean junk. They could have shipped it. Yeah, I got a few extra goodies, but not worth the extra $$$ in my opinion. The AT PRO is a great machine.

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
It's really the principle of the bait & switch that got me ticked off. If they are out of stock, they should say so on the website.

I agree with this totally!!! I ordered a Garrett pinpointer from them over a week ago... the moneys been charged to my account .. well..4-5 day after placing the order i see its still pending fulfillment so i call and was told their on back order and there's no eta from garrett...
omg this pissed me off.. if something is out of stock you should mark it on your website as out of stock..
Its something that i would have liked to known before dropping $120...
Then not a damn soul could notify me that my order was on back order... I found out days later when i called...
This is just a bad way to run a business and bad customer service...
And believe me ill remember this crap when i order my Tesoro Sandshark which will NOT be from Kellyco...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is backordering to everyone..... Kellyco still has over 800 AT Pros on back ordered from Garrett and hundreds of pinpointers on back order as well. They got in and shipped over 800 AT pros this week that had already been back ordered, there are so many people ordering detectors they are impossible to keep in stock at the moment....

Blame it on the digger shows and newbies thinking they will get rich....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is backordering to everyone..... Kellyco still has over 800 AT Pros on back ordered from Garrett and hundreds of pinpointers on back order as well. They got in and shipped over 800 AT pros this week that had already been back ordered, there are so many people ordering detectors they are impossible to keep in stock at the moment....

Reread his post. His isn't complaining about the detector, he is complaining about a garbage KC claims is worth hundreds.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I`ll make sure i start watching ebay and get my AT Pro for a song because of this as well.....

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my Garrett pro-pointer on Amazon the other day.

Cheaper than Kellyco, with free shipping, and it arrived 48hours later.

I have absolutely no concept of why people would wait for a back ordered item when other suppliers have it is stock and for a cheaper price.

WM

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
Yeah I'll be canceling my order with kellyco tomorrow and buying off Amazon or Ebay my self...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread