Dont Go to KellyCo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are completely wrong on this Terry. There is a constant stream of members complaining about how KC has treated them after the sale. The problem is that most of them are new members looking to vent, only to have their threads locked and deleted. If they weren't constantly being deleted there would be a HUGE amount of complaints on the forum.
Jason, I think he pulled the trigger too soon. He says he has bought 5 or 6 detectors from KC before without a problem. His post also indicates that he is already telling us how terrible KC is after only an hour of waiting for a phone call. And he infers that FedEx dropped the ball on one of the ordered items by losing it. KC appears to be trying its best to make the order right. Johnson said the order was placed on 3-18-13 and in those twelve days KC has sent him two deliveries, trying to get his order straight. Also, he seems to be blaming management for all this mess when we're only talking about one of seven orders he's made with the company. As a newbie, with only two weeks here on the Net, he could have checked with us to question if KC was a "problem place". He for sure had an order screwed up but I still think he pulled the trigger too soon and came down too hard. A quick check on this Net would have shown him there ARE good people at KC and when someone has a problem, KC reps here jump at the chance to help make it right. We take care of our own. Tnx, Jason for your concern. Terry

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, they need to keep track of stock levels.. i placed an order, having been told they had the machine in stock, and now am being told it is on backorder until May..

never again.

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah where was your thread on your previous threads praising their service before your bad experience ? I just bought my detector with zero probs. thanks Kellyco! You need to take a step back an see if the resources here can get answers before you trash a sponsor.

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they drop ship from factories, but from the distributor. These dealers on here go through distributors who get their stock from the factory. I would say it's probably normal for most of the "small" dealers to not have anything in stock if they are online only. Most get an order and have the distributor drop ship it to you. I could be wrong as I guess it depends on if you have a fussy distributor that doesn't want to drop ship and only wants to sell you stock and lots of it.

I've called a few that are just selling out of their house and don't carry stock nor can you go visit them because there is no physical store. That may explain why it takes so long for you to get items. You order it from them, they order it from the distributor. Distributor mails it to them, they mail it to you. Takes a while if they don't have the cash to stock items themselves.

I will say if you buy online and don't talk to a person, you paid too much. Some of these guys will offer a better deal, they just can't advertise due to fair market rules.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are completely wrong on this Terry. There is a constant stream of members complaining about how KC has treated them after the sale. The problem is that most of them are new members looking to vent, only to have their threads locked and deleted. If they weren't constantly being deleted there would be a HUGE amount of complaints on the forum.

I don't think any post that is recent and not taken care of gets locked.

if any do, it is after everything has been taken care of, and members
who have no stake in the outcome continue to rant.

OP
OP
JJohnson

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, you're hitting the company pretty hard. The pros outweigh the cons here from several that have also bought from the company. So, I'll still buy from those people at Kellyco. I have dealt with them for over 20 years. Never a problem. Considering there are THOUSANDS on this net and HUNDREDS have probably bought from them, with very few that lambast the company like you do, I will continue to buy from them. Lighten up. TTC

Come on TerryC...I spend $3000.00 and do not get what I paid for, nor do I get the customer service anyone would expect and per you I should not complain or at least "lighten up"...but its OK for you to read the post and get offended and spout off when you have nothing invested. Yeah...I love that logic...not.

Look, it is a very simple issue here. Kellyco for what ever reason, in this case, did not satisfy the customer and has lost a long time customer.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on TerryC...I spend $3000.00 and do not get what I paid for, nor do I get the customer service anyone would expect and per you I should not complain or at least "lighten up"...but its OK for you to read the post and get offended and spout off when you have nothing invested. Yeah...I love that logic...not.

Look, it is a very simple issue here. Kellyco for what ever reason, in this case, did not satisfy the customer and has lost a long time customer.

while some of it seems to be Kellyco's workers fault.

While I was home from work looking for the package, UPS delivered the CTX by its self. The lost order (accessories) from Fedx has never been found.

since they don't own Fedx I'd say this contributed.

as far as the drop ship, I would imagine they felt you would get it faster that way then wait
for them to get it & reship to you.

I do agree there should be an Easier way for kellyco to keep track of stock,
But when they probably have 3 or more taking orders at the same time,
for possibly 1 or 2 detectors in stock at that point, it is like a competition on who is going to
hit the button first :laughing7:

and Double checking can guarantee a miss.

anyway Just my opinion.

instead of computers, Maybe their phone sales people should walk to the stock room,
carry the detector back to the phone while you are on hold & say
"yep It is right in front of Me" before doing the order :tongue3: (1950's style)

Good luck & keep us updated

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnson. I have no fight with you. You have a ligitimate arguement. I just think your indictment was a little rough. Investment? I have invested at LEAST $3000 in the last year just to buy detectors and things for others less fortunate on this net than I. Last, if I had a bad experience with one vendor, one time, you and the others here would not hear of it from me. Enough SPOUTING from me. Take care. TTC

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family and i have been dealing with kellyco for 30 plus years with no problems.

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck getting a response to email.... 5 days of nothing...

OP
OP
JJohnson

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: I have recieved a new battery and it appears to work and charge fine. As for the call back from KellyCo...it never happened (as I was told it would). I did send my contact info to Treasure_Hunter and he had the Director of Sales (I think that is his title), Gene call me the very next morning. Within 2-3 phone calls over that morning Gene had the battery on the way. So a huge thanks to Treasure_Hunter for making things happen and for Gene once he got information on the problem.

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive used them for years with no problems, ordered a pin pointer last week and a new coil and anderson shaft yesterday, we talked to steve and he helped us, the lady answering the phone didnt know what we were talking about so she transfered us to steve, job complete! a company that big is bound to run into problems from time to time. but i understand, id be pissed too if it happened to me...

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my dealings with KC have been excellent.

That being said-If I paid $3000 and 2nd day shipping I'd be fit to be tied if I was not able to use my purchased MD after 3 days. Add any lack of communication to that or failed response and I'd most likely be as angry as JJ. Triple the time- can't imagine.

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Three detectors and two pro pointers all purchased at separate times. Excellent service on purchases have never had a problem with delivery. Most of the time delivery was sooner than later. Newest purchase was a AT Pro and everyone knows how the backorders have been on them. KellyCo had mine from order to door in 8 days. I will continue to support them. Not gonna get into locking or deleting threads it's their site and they naturally have to take care of supporters. If you don't like Kellyco and you don't like the way T Net handles their forum.......Well there are several detecting forums out there. Just my 2 cents......... Happy Easter.

Ordered my AT Pro adventure pack in Feb same deal around 7 days to the door! Sales rep seemed like a great guy. Havent had any issues with them, the only thing was tgeir lack in responding to emails. After a few phone calls to help me make my mind up on the detector I wanted I phoned in my order and that was that. Haven't had any issues but am looking to order a couple garrett pro pointers and some new leche tools will prob use kc again to get these...

Motorhead

Banned
Aug 1, 2012
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People in our club cancelled 3 orders (AT Pros) with KellyCo in March. The problem was their inability to fulfill the orders after 8 weeks! When we called to cancel the rep on the phone was down right ignorant. They used to not be this way so I started to do some research. Stu is not running the show anymore...he's in his 80's. Most of the old reps have left. Their social network guy left and was replaced by some seed salesman that started an ad company...lol The kellyco girl has been long gone that's why you haven't seen her on the forums. We went to a guy in California....had our detectors in 4 days with waterproof head phones instead of the Kellyco junk. We know who we're buying from now on.

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just to add my 2 cents. I've ordered numerous items from Kellyco, always online. Never had a single issue with receiving my order or the products themselves. However, the only two times I've had to call with questions I ended up on the phone with people who clearly didn't have much knowledge of the products. I wouldn't have minded had they just transferred me to someone else. But instead they just kept putting me on hold and coming back with a little more information each time. Both times I eventually gave up on the call.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KellyCo has handled my orders efficiently, The seem to be the goto place for me!

Roy

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've seen quite a few folk displeased with the availability of AT Pros lately. People need to quit blaming Kellyco and instead focus on the show "Diggers." Tim and KG have half the population on the U.S. thinking they are guaranteed treasure everyday, all at tax time, as long as they get what they use...the AT Pro.

Kellyco has done right by me. I only dealt with Dan and never a "nameless telephone receptionist." They have always beat any other sponsor I have called. Heck, I got an 11" DD coil w/coil cover for my F2 for $110 shipped! Nobody would touch that.

There are better ways of "handling" a situation. Kind of like that Jerky Boys skit with Saul Rosenberg and him going "I'll sue everbody!" TC, calm down, get in touch with the right people.

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ruh, roh. I bookmarked the site today, since I was interested in purchasing supplies. Not sure what to do. Will wait and see how this thread continues.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to return an expensive coil to KellyCo which I received in error and the phone/online chat rep was a total azz who kept me waiting (after initiating conversation) for over 20 minutes... Without going into too many irrelevant details, it was a terrible experience so I ended up keeping the coil and selling it on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread