Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't Go to KellyCo....

First to Admin here on this wonderful forum, this may not be the right spot to start this thread but here it will get the most views and just might save someone else the headache. I just purchased a CTX 30/30 from KellyCo I would like to highlight some of the issues I have had. Kellyco states they have them "in stock ready for shipment" when in fact mine was dropped shipped from the factory. I too have had shipping problems with them. I paid for two day service and at the end of day one, order had not gone through... I called at 9pm on day one and appeared to have gotten that straight. Order was delivered, but was not delivered. I could not find package anywhere on my property. While I was home from work looking for the package, UPS delivered the CTX by its self. The lost order (accessories) from Fedx has never been found. In the mean time, the Lith battery for the CTX will not charge and Kellyco states they will send new battery and charger with accessories package. Kellyco sent another order out and it arrived at the local FEDX shipping center where I placed it on hold and picked up my self. All accessories in package but no charger or battery. I called them again and they stated they would resend the battery and charger. That package arrived today and just the charger was in the package no battery. I called and asked to speak with a manager was put on hold and then was told they were busy and I would recieve a call back in 10-15 minutes. That was over an hour ago...I bought the items on 3/18/13 and still no working battery. Unexceptable...

I have bought roughly 5 to 6 detectors from Kellyco over the years and have never had this type of problem. It appears to be a fundamental issues of "doing things right the first time" at Kellyco. That issues is a direct reflextion of management and their ability to manage the employees that actually fill the orders and ship them out. When I called customer service all those times I got the feeling I was talking to a phone bank in some other country and not actually the store. I even asked the above and was told "no this is the actual store." Who knows if it is... When you spend $3000.00 you expect good service and that is just not the case with Kellyco. I will never buy from them again.

JJohnson

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for sharing. that's why i deal with local dealers less problems that way

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always the same issue with everyone complaining about KC. The phone reps / managers do not follow through or completely ignore customer complaints.

Every mail-order company has problems on occasion. The quality of the company is how they handle the resolution of those problems

But don't worry, this thread will be lock and deleted soon. Nobody is allowed to say anything negative about the almighty KC.

Last edited:

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry to hear that. We have bought 2 MD's from Kellyco and they treated us fantabulously.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use Tom at Miller MDZ. You will never have problems.

Tom is a heck of a guy to deal with very patient with me.

Plus the reason I didn't buy fron kellyco is there prices r crazy. I dnt likw buyin stuff off ebay, but id buy from there b4 kellyco.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But don't worry, this thread will be locked and deleted soon. Nobody is allowed to say anything negative about the almighty KC.

That's because (as you probably know) they are a BIG sponsor here in/of this site...

Anyone that's been here (around) long enough knows the game and what's really going on here!

Dirtgirl

Feb 6, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing! Talk about frustrating! I had some issues with a local company when I bought my Etrac, the detector was suppose to be shipped that day. It took close to two weeks, no packing slip no accessories. Three months it took and many calls and emails before the order was complete. I just bought my T2 from another Local dealer and I have to say the service was Great! I hope you find plenty of treasures, nice machine you purchased! Happy Hunting

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess I got lucky with Kelly Co. No problems or issues. Happy with everything they did for me.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought almost everything for this hobby from them,2 detectors, pin pointer, recovery tools of all kinds,and never once a problem. Are things back ordered sometimes.....sure, but you will have that with all retailers from time to time.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I got lucky with Kelly Co. No problems or issues. Happy with everything they did for me.
Same here......no problems at all.

OP
OP
JJohnson

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick update...still have not heard from the manager at Kellyco. I went relic hunting at an old spot and had a five button day. (Ran out of battery on the wireless and detector) Will post later with pictures.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's because (as you probably know) they are a BIG sponsor here in/of this site...

Anyone that's been here (around) long enough knows the game and what's really going on here!

lonewolfe, There has never been a Problem with members
asking for help on their problems with any sponsor.

The problem has been "he said / She said / I heard" type posts by
people that have no first hand problems.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have stated many times if members are having a problem reaching management at Kellyco with a problem to send me your contact info and I will see to it that management contacts you directly.....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought roughly 5 to 6 detectors from Kellyco over the years and have never had this type of problem. It appears to be a fundamental issues of "doing things right the first time" at Kellyco.
JJohnson
Boy, you're hitting the company pretty hard. The pros outweigh the cons here from several that have also bought from the company. So, I'll still buy from those people at Kellyco. I have dealt with them for over 20 years. Never a problem. Considering there are THOUSANDS on this net and HUNDREDS have probably bought from them, with very few that lambast the company like you do, I will continue to buy from them. Lighten up. TTC

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, you're hitting the company pretty hard. The pros outweigh the cons here from several that have also bought from the company. So, I'll still buy from those people at Kellyco. I have dealt with them for over 20 years. Never a problem. Considering there are THOUSANDS on this net and HUNDREDS have probably bought from them, with very few that lambast the company like you do, I will continue to buy from them. Lighten up. TTC

You are completely wrong on this Terry. There is a constant stream of members complaining about how KC has treated them after the sale. The problem is that most of them are new members looking to vent, only to have their threads locked and deleted. If they weren't constantly being deleted there would be a HUGE amount of complaints on the forum.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about the admin setting up a survey, rating thread? For kellyCo. A thumbs up or down would suffice. If someone here has links with kellyco they could use this to help them improve their customer service,if needed. Give a reason for your thumbs up or down...just a suggestion

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three detectors and two pro pointers all purchased at separate times. Excellent service on purchases have never had a problem with delivery. Most of the time delivery was sooner than later. Newest purchase was a AT Pro and everyone knows how the backorders have been on them. KellyCo had mine from order to door in 8 days. I will continue to support them. Not gonna get into locking or deleting threads it's their site and they naturally have to take care of supporters. If you don't like Kellyco and you don't like the way T Net handles their forum.......Well there are several detecting forums out there. Just my 2 cents......... Happy Easter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread