Wished i had a good experience with kellyco

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryboy8592

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2013
I had places an order for a Fisher F2 on the 7th of April 2013. I've contacted them three times in the last week. And all I seem to get from the costumer service reps is the same answer. "What do you want us to do about it" I'm sick of that answer!!!! The bad part if the whole situation is 6 of my buddies ordered the same detector from other companies, they already received there's a week ago and 3 of them got theirs direct from Fisher. So I guess I'll get mine sometime between now and Christmas I guess.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cancel your order and try another business.

About the only thing companies understand is money. If you start removing yours, they may (or may not) change their tone.

WM

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This company says the detector you want is on back order most times you want to order it. What they must do is wait till the number of orders is large enough so they get them at a discount from their supplier.

Best to cancel the order and order from Bart of Big Boys Hobbies. Same price as that other company.

Last edited by a moderator:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no comment about KellyCo as I've never bought from them, but
know for sure that Bart will provide you excellent and fast service, and
odds are he has that in-stock. Give him a call.

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of the supporting vendors on this site :censored: can tell you over the phone if they have an item in stock ready to ship. If you are in the Houston/Spring Texas area you can visit their shop and get all your stuff the same day!

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter why censor a link to a supporting vendor? Metal Detecting Stuff is a supporting vendor on this site. When I made my post for':censored: the forum added all of the "other products and services" automatically. I re-edited the message twice now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This company says the detector you want is on back order most times you want to order it. What they must do is wait till the number of orders is large enough so they get them at a discount from their supplier.

The only time we back order a detector is when we or manufacturer is out of stock. Someone has misinformed you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time we back order a detector is when we or manufacturer is out of stock. Someone has misinformed you.

I go to Kellyco quite often, they buy in major quanties..... I know for a fact Garrett back orders on Kellyco on a regular basis, garrett can not keep up with the demand due to the TV shows on detecting...

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
huh lots of not so good times with kellyco me on the other hand i bought a coil from them orderd it one night shipped next day got it in 2 days from that day it was shipped had the emails with the confirmations to prove it to

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a 6x8 sef back in may and still haven't received it. Phone calls and emails get me no where. Mostly no response at all. A little communication goes a long way and eventually people expect the company to make things right. I guess if you are big enough the small guy doesn't matter.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!!!! I must have lucked out as my experience with Kellyco was a good one. Ordered a Minelab X-terra 705 dual package and got it in a week with no problems. Hope Kellyco is not starting to slide with their customer service.

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much for getting the coil I ordered, still no info and I was just hoping to get it before my 4 days off for the fourth. Maybe by next year. :BangHead:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco gets blamed for a lot of issues that are beyond their control.

Garrett back orders units by the thousand, Belgin, maker of SEF coils are terrible on responding to emails on issues and back orders.

Smaller dealers order by dozens, KC orders by hundreds and thousands. Manufactories fill small orders then back order on the large orders like KC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

awhatley

May 31, 2012
marion, louisiana
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Bounty Hunter, son uses a JR Bounty Hunter, 2 modified centech pointers, fisher f2, fisher pinpointer, harbor freight detector, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my wife ordered me an F2 from amazon, got it in 3 days

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I still haven't received a call back from a sales person regarding a pro pointer. The guy told me he would call in the A.M. and that was several weeks ago. I don't think I will buy again from Kellyco. I will buy from Bart or Tom instead...

Update: Sales manager has contacted me and problem resolved. Kellyco is a stand up business!

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still haven't received a call back from a sales person regarding a pro pointer. The guy told me he would call in the A.M. and that was several weeks ago. I don't think I will buy again from Kellyco. I will buy from Bart or Tom instead...

Wow id say if u did order it I can give u the email of the guy WHO helped me wicked cool shipped right out with email conformations

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow id say if u did order it I can give u the email of the guy WHO helped me wicked cool shipped right out with email conformations
I am sure they have good employees but this guy is very lax and it kind of really turned me off of them. Both Tom and Bart are out of pro pointers so I will just wait until they get some in.

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure they have good employees but this guy is very lax and it kind of really turned me off of them. Both Tom and Bart are out of pro pointers so I will just wait until they get some in.

Hey Dieselram94 give me a shout directly at ext 106 I'm the sales manager and would like to speak with you when you get a minute to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread