Thinking if a New Seahunter Mark II

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am thinking of buying a new Seahunter M2 from KellyCo for my second detector have had a GTA-1000 for 25yrs and it still works like a champ. My grandson wants to go beach hunting with me. I plan on letting him use the GTA and I want to go into the surf. I have two questions.

(1) Should I buy the Optional coil while I'm at it (What are the pro's and cons)

(2) KellyCo advertizes that they will refund 120% of the difference in price if you find the detector cheaper somewhere else. They supposedly throw in goodie packages. (Will they use that to void the guaranteed price) How reliable are they?

OP
OP
R

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I bit the bullet and bought it and Kellyco says if they match the price then you get no accessories or goodie packages.
They also say they will not help me out with the Divorce papers for when the wife gets the bill!!!

PS: Steve is good to work with on the phone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I bit the bullet and bought it and Kellyco says if they match the price then you get no accessories or goodie packages.
They also say they will not help me out with the Divorce papers for when the wife gets the bill!!!

PS: Steve is good to work with on the phone.

Kellyco will take care of you. I personally would lose no sleep not getting the goodie package, your better off exchanging it for upgrade or credit for something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
R

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco will take care of you. I personally would lose no sleep not getting the goodie package, your better off exchanging it for upgrade or credit for something.

TOO Late
I received my Mark II yesterday went over my front yard and got two hits but my yard needs a pick in order to dig them. I don't think the wife would be happy if i start digging holes so I guess it will have to wait until I get to the beach. I might try it out when i go boating this weekend there are a couple of islands where people anchor their boats and swim off the beach. As far as the freebees go I agree most of it is advertizing junk not worth the $300 they say it is. The backpack had a broken zipper out of the bag and Kellyco said they will send me a new one.

OP
OP
R

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TOO Late
I received my Mark II yesterday went over my front yard and got two hits but my yard needs a pick in order to dig them. I don't think the wife would be happy if i start digging holes so I guess it will have to wait until I get to the beach. I might try it out when i go boating this weekend there are a couple of islands where people anchor their boats and swim off the beach. As far as the freebees go I agree most of it is advertizing junk not worth the $300 they say it is. The backpack had a broken zipper out of the bag and Kellyco said they will send me a new one.

I found the poly digging trowel they include in their goodies package at Walmart made by Fiskers without the holes for $3.99 they say its worth $30 I guess it costs 26 dollars to drill six holes in it?

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you get an email from someone at kellyco saying "I am your personal detector guy - contact me if any issues" type of thing?
I did but cant seem to get a reply from him, even though he send read receipts when he read my email?

I'm not a happy man!

TOO Late

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get an email from someone at kellyco saying "I am your personal detector guy - contact me if any issues" type of thing?
I did but cant seem to get a reply from him, even though he send read receipts when he read my email?

I'm not a happy man!

Send me your contact info in a pm and I will have sales manager contact you.

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of buying a new Seahunter M2 from KellyCo for my second detector have had a GTA-1000 for 25yrs and it still works like a champ. My grandson wants to go beach hunting with me. I plan on letting him use the GTA and I want to go into the surf. I have two questions.

(1) Should I buy the Optional coil while I'm at it (What are the pro's and cons)

(2) KellyCo advertizes that they will refund 120% of the difference in price if you find the detector cheaper somewhere else. They supposedly throw in goodie packages. (Will they use that to void the guaranteed price) How reliable are they?

First off here is the deal on the 120% guarantee. All dealers can not advertise any price lower then what the manufacture lets them. so no matter were you go the price is the same. Garrett set the price Kelly co or any store can advertise it for.
second. dicker with them and tell them I would like to get x amount of dollars in gear of my choosing then what you have to offer in goodies. 3 if you can afford it get the second coil. and last Kelly is a great company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions