Thank you KellyCo too

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a KellyCo Gator when I purchased my Garrett Pro Pointer and was rather happy with it. Unfortunately the grip busted on the end and since I live in God's country I was unable to find a replacement grip anywhere. I emailed KellyCo regarding the busted grip and in just two days I received a confirmation shipping notification that a replacement Gator was in the mail.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen to me. Kellyco also replaced the broken one with a new one.
I knew this problem would happen again so I took offf the grip, went to the hardware store and bought a copper pipe cap that fit over the handle of the digger. I epoxied it in place, then when it was dry. I used some old spray paint on the handle and slid the grip back on while it was still wet. (old dirt bike trick to hold the grips on the handlebars) The paint acts like glue.
That was last year and it still didn't poke through.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen to me. Kellyco also replaced the broken one with a new one.
I knew this problem would happen again so I took offf the grip, went to the hardware store and bought a copper pipe cap that fit over the handle of the digger. I epoxied it in place, then when it was dry. I used some old spray paint on the handle and slid the grip back on while it was still wet. (old dirt bike trick to hold the grips on the handlebars) The paint acts like glue.
That was last year and it still didn't poke through.

Yep same thing happend to me & they replaced it & it happened again :(
not wanting to seem like a Beggar or Pain in the Rear I never told them about the second one
so instead I'm using a sponge handle grip and u.s. pin welded fast :( :tongue3:

DSCF0002.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread