Past Contest Honored By Kelly Co

bill crane

Greenie
Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kelly Co
A few weeks ago I seen an tv add for the Kelly Co catalog, I called and ordered one for a grandson who was interested in treasure hunting. The catalog arrived and I looked thru it and found a find I entered several years ago to a Kelly Co contest on this site. I don’t recall how long ago the contest was, 7 maybe 9 years ago. There was to be an award of a prize for those they selected. But I had been off the detecting sites for about as many years and never knew my find was apparently selected. If you got the Kelly Co catalog it is in the Bounty Hunter section on page 18. I sent off a few emails and joined back onto this site and contacted Jeff of Pa who knew me and got ahold of Gene of Kelly Co. Yesterday I received an email from Wanda Edwards of Kelly Co. She was wanting my address and phone number to get a hold of me. We talked today on the phone and they wanted to send me their newest pinpointer (about a $190 value or so), but I had my eye on something else that I wanted more. When I told her what I wanted she checked and my request was granted. So instead I will be receiving:
BKF12 GPS Compatible Site Locator Book: Montana GPS Compatible Site Locator Book: Montana 1 EA 19.95 Yes 19.95
Group Discount Discount applied to member group items. -100.0% Yes -19.95
BKC18 GPS Compatible Site Locator Book: Wyoming GPS Compatible Site Locator Book: Wyoming 1 EA 19.95 Yes 19.95
Group Discount
The above books were what seemed interesting to me and it is more than enough. I want to thank all those involved with this and thank Kelly Co for honoring a contest that was so many years ago. Below was the first email that I sent to Kelly Co about discovering my find in their catalog. It is pretty good service for getting an email from someone who seemed to have crawled out of the woodwork after so many years.
First email:
Several years ago there was a contest on the forum I contacted you on. The contest was by Kelly Co. and folks were to submit their find and a story and if Kelly Co used them there was a prize awarded.
I had been off the forums for several years now, but a grandson was interested in treasure hunting and I called for a catalog to be sent to me for him. It arrived last Friday and I looked thru it and on page 18 was the 1843 Dahlonega gold coin (in the Bounty hunter section) story that I submitted. Of course having been off the forums there wouldn't have been a way to know that the story was selected. Seeing that there are only about 10 finds in your catalog I felt it safe to assume my find was selected. The story of this find is also in Western and Eastern' Silver and Gold issue 2004 or 2005 on page 34. I believe the user name at the time of submission was Free2dtect. Check into this for me and let me know if there was an unclaimed prize from this. I did not post anything negative about this on any sites and await your reply. It was nice to see the find in your catalog. Hoping to hear back from you, later Pete

OP
OP
B

bill crane

Greenie
Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my two books yesterday, thanks to all involved.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great story! +1 for kelly co. Great buisness

S

stefen

We are fortunate to have such a valued and honest vendor on the TN site.

They are to be commended.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions