Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
same thing happened to me... I used Boston Red Sox duct tape around the handle, now the rubber doesn't slip off. But the end pushed through, and the circular edge is exposed. If my right hand wasn't so calloused from work I would be hurting with that edge digging into me. As for the digger, I have noticed a decline in its performance since I tricked it out in my teams colors.. I know why too. BECAUSE THE RED SOX SUCK! :BangHead:

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same problem after using the Gator for about 2 weeks. I went to Lowes and bought chair rubber stops for $2 and used some left over grip tape from my racketball days to tape up the Gator shaft. I have used the setup for over 2 years with no replacements. I think the rubber top gives a lot more cushion when digging. I also file the tip of the cutting edge every once in a while, as rocks can dull it pretty fast:headbang:

Attachments

• 20140831_205653.jpg
    20140831_205653.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
G.A.P metal,great idea!!! Eddie Current I might try your idea as well. My husband moved the original grip a little further up but the tip end is still exposed. When it gives out I will try the chair stop and racketball tape.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good call... Don't need to go get those rubber stops though. My Father in law has those on his walker, I'll just spank one of his, he aint going anywhere.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there a site that sells rubber handles for the gator digger? The end of mine came off and slipped down on the handle so raw metal is exposed and I'm afraid if my hand slipping and getting hurt. Does your site sell just the sheaths for digging tools?
Did kellyco ever get back to you ?you can always go to A.M. Leonard Tools for the Horticultural Industry since 1885. and get this digger it will cut through big roots like they were hot butter..they call them soil knife .. and all the hunters i know that has one of these never had to get another one i use one.. 4750.jpg DSCN0730.JPG

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, sorry I didn't get to this sooner but the razor edge gator digger and the sawtooth gator digger both have a lifetime warranty and we will replace them free of charge. Please feel free to contact us for the replacement.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or you could get a Lesche.

S

stefen

Hey everybody, sorry I didn't get to this sooner but the razor edge gator digger and the sawtooth gator digger both have a lifetime warranty and we will replace them free of charge. Please feel free to contact us for the replacement.

Way to go...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hello Gene,thanks for your reply. Mine is a sawtooth gator digger that was a choice of one of two items I could choose from in a package deal I got from Kellyco when I bought my detector. Am I covered even though it was a freebie? I would like to wait until it gets too cold to detect before I send it back thought he blade is great,it's just the rubble handle has broken through.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Gene,thanks for your reply. Mine is a sawtooth gator digger that was a choice of one of two items I could choose from in a package deal I got from Kellyco when I bought my detector. Am I covered even though it was a freebie? I would like to wait until it gets too cold to detect before I send it back thought he blade is great,it's just the rubble handle has broken through.

Even if it was included in your purchase as a free item, we still cover it. :) Give us a call and we'll help you out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread