Khon Kaen
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Minelab XTerra 705
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a used, out of warranty, Excalibur II 800 that is in need of repair. The threshold stays on constantly at a very loud tone. Won't soften to that mosquito buzz level. Once it hits a target it then takes on that tone and holds it constant.

Anyhow, was wondering what the worse case cost would be - my guess for most expensive cost is to replace the board. Any approximate price?

Next up, I live in Thailand and know that KellyCo cannot/will not ship new detectors to Thailand - no Minelab dealer will - guess there is some kind of trade restriction.

So, next question is will you ship a repaired Excal II to Thailand? If not, I have a plan B - send to a buddy in Florida and he will re-mail it.

Lastly, I will also need knobs and headphones (long story) and reading around forums online, I have seen that you guys will put Grey Ghost Amphibians on instead of the Koss Yellow phones. True or not? If so, what is the cost.

If the price is reasonable and you do ship repaired Minelab detectors to Thailand, I would be sending only the control pod with circuit board and the attached coil, so shipping for me shouldn't be too bad. No headphones shafts, or battery will be shipped

Please let me know if this is feasible.

Thanks

Larry

OP
OP
U

upena

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2014
Khon Kaen
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Minelab XTerra 705
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mods - you can delete this post. KellyCo contacted me via email and will fix my Excal but cannot ship to Thailand. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread