Vulcan 360 Problem

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all, as the title says, I have a problem with my 360. When I switch it on 80% of the time it wants to start chirping by itself slow and steady and half that time it goes crazy like I am near a coin but not on it. I switch batterys and made sure the battery terminals were up enough and connected correctly. Shaking it or tapping it does nothing but some times if I wrap my hand around the barrel it quiets down for a minute. It seems if I sometimes just leave it on and use it more it sometimes settles down too. As it stands I constantly got to switch it on then off and then on again, getting really annoying.

Any other 360 owners had the same trouble? and any idea's any one?

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Send it back for a replacement. It's faulty.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vulcan 360 is a pinpointer developed for Kellyco, I'm moving this to Kellyco Forum. How old is it? Have you tried calling Kellyco yet?

Contact Chris kellyco via pm here he will take care of you...

Last edited:

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, as the title says, I have a problem with my 360. When I switch it on 80% of the time it wants to start chirping by itself slow and steady and half that time it goes crazy like I am near a coin but not on it. I switch batterys and made sure the battery terminals were up enough and connected correctly. Shaking it or tapping it does nothing but some times if I wrap my hand around the barrel it quiets down for a minute. It seems if I sometimes just leave it on and use it more it sometimes settles down too. As it stands I constantly got to switch it on then off and then on again, getting really annoying.

Any other 360 owners had the same trouble? and any idea's any one?

Hello swagman, Chris Brooks here with Kellyco Metal Detectors I'm going to send you a PM.

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
I got hold of Chris at Kellyco and he was most helpful with my problem, he got me all organised in getting my Vulcan sent back to him and doing a fix. I am glad I brought from Kellyco, the Customer service is top notch.

Cheers all for the input. Will let you know of the end result.

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Update, Chris got me sent a Return Shipping Label but before I sent it back I gave it a good test in the weekend and it seems to me a battery related problem because it was starting to shut off after any metal contact. But it still falsed on high setting, I had to have it on the 3rd setting as others have done. I have now sent it back and hopefully have it all sorted out by end of next week...will keep you posted.

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Update!! Well I sent it off as I said and was expecting it back Monday but just got it (Not exactly...they sent me a brand new one Yay!!!) back today, 2 days Priority mail...; hats off to you Kellyco for the quick response and shipping, your customer service is still one of the best. I had ordered a 5 x 8 coil and had already got that and have been out twice with it I must say it sucks big time not having a pointer.

gdanzig1280

Apr 6, 2015
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the new pointer any better? I have one myself that has givin me the same problem since the day I bought it. I cannot use any setting above 3 and sometimes the pointer will not shut off and will not shut up I just figured it was not a good quality product and I need my pointer so have never sent it back.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should send it back, every product has a few bad units...

gdanzig1280

Apr 6, 2015
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have sent it back this past winter I hate to go without my pointer I am spoiled to it now. I have read many reviews on this particular pointer sounds like these issues are common so I kind of figured a new one would just do the same thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread