Why doesnt kellyco answer any of my emails / messages

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dereklang, I am good friends with kellyco, post it here or pm me your email address and your first name and I will take care of it for you....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dereklang, I just read an email Kellyco sales rep Christopher sent you on Monday Feb 15 about the detector you wanted. He advised you then they can not ship to Kuwait unless you have an APO address I also talk to Leilani who you talked to today as well on chat and she also advised you they can not ship to Kuwait unless you have an APO address....

OP
OP
D

dereklang

Greenie
Dec 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. Yes i got through to them finally but they didnt state why they dont ship there. Oh well looks like ill have to buy elsewhere. Anyways i appreciate the follow up.

Edit: Trout: welcome to my ignore list!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. Yes i got through to them finally but they didnt state why they dont ship there. Oh well looks like ill have to buy elsewhere. Anyways i appreciate the follow up.

Edit: Trout: welcome to my ignore list!
There are restrictions on certain countries they can sell to by manufacturers because it infringes on distributions rights of other distributors...

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Please I m trying to make an international order and I sent email many times to kellyco no answer for new Excalibur with mods done. Even live chat there is no one.

I believe that they only ship to United States and Canada.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
I have the same concern....I even spoke to Marty on the phone and still no reply! This is for Excalibur battery pack end caps. Minelab Ireland no longer supplies parts.
Thanks
Terry

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same concern....I even spoke to Marty on the phone and still no reply! This is for Excalibur battery pack end caps. Minelab Ireland no longer supplies parts.
Thanks
Terry
Terry, what is it your wanting to know, I can find out for you.

I do know they can not just sell many parts, Minelab has a strict policy against selling most parts.

Also please keep in mind they lost their main tech, he had a stroke. His brother who trained him is stepping in to help with the repairs, but they are about 3 weeks behind and still dealing with the loss of a brother, close friend and the loss of their main tech...

Last edited:

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Terry, what is it your wanting to know, I can find out for you.

I do know they can not just sell many parts, Minelab has a strict policy against selling most parts.

Also please keep in mind they lost their main tech, he had a stroke. His brother who trained him is stepping in to help with the repairs, but they are about 3 weeks behind and still dealing with the loss of a brother, close friend and the loss of their main tech...

Thanks for the reply TH. I am sorry to here of there loss, I am in need of just the battery pod end caps x 2 . These are only available from the USA as Ireland no longer supplies parts.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry I checked, Minelab corporate will not allow them to sell the end caps except as on site repair..

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if someone from Kellyco can recommend a really light detector. Had major heart surgery..several..and I need a lightweight detector. I currently have an Omega 6000 and its fairly light, but have been considering that new one put out by minelab, Go-Find 60 Can you tell me about it, is it fairly good. I have owned a bunch of detectors over the years, some pretty advanced ones, just sold my CTX 3030 so not a newbie. Just need something light.
Dennis

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I had about the same issue with Kellyco a couple year ago, no answers to my email. Then I saw the chat box and used that, worked perfectly, I had a shopping for an international order close to 6K; then I got the bad news. About 90% of what I wanted could not be shipped overseas due to a manufacture agreement Kellyco had with the various manufactures. But they where cool enough to let me know where I could find the stuff over seas, all but the Minelab item but the person gave me contact details to Minelab in Ireland and they helped me.

In the end I should have just flown over to the states and purchased directly at Kellyco, I would have spent around 6K with Kellyco but instead had to use 7 vendors in Europe to get all the stuff and spent 9K in Euro, so about 11K USD.

My next big buy up the family is going to Kellyco for vacation. LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider the Xterra series, it is very light. I wouldn't personally purchase the Go-Find series, there is no manual ground balance, can't change coils, if you use it at the beach sand gets up inside the shaft and it freezes the shaft, those are a few reasons.. It is an entry level detector for kids and as a back up for camping or bike riding as it is compact and fits in a back pack....

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I need a set of cables for the Excal 2: Minelab Australia will not sell them to me, but of course will do the repairs, but I will end up paying $800, with shipping and duties to Thailand. What to do? Coil wire, earphone wire, and wire from battery to control box, with plug connected. All the wires have fallen apart, as if a shark had attacked them. Can Kellyco supply these cables? I dont trust the locals here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I need a set of cables for the Excal 2: Minelab Australia will not sell them to me, but of course will do the repairs, but I will end up paying $800, with shipping and duties to Thailand. What to do? Coil wire, earphone wire, and wire from battery to control box, with plug connected. All the wires have fallen apart, as if a shark had attacked them. Can Kellyco supply these cables? I dont trust the locals here.

Unfortunately you can't replace just the cables, the cable is solid piece to the coil windings inside the coil itself, the strain relief at the bottom is not an actual connection, it protects the cable where it passes into the coil housing from constant bending and pulling, the cables go into the epoxy that is covering the windings INSIDE the coil itself......

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, do I have to replace the whole coil? Couldnt I just install a plug, at both ends? This is getting expensive! Maybe time to switch brands, or at least a machine that wasnt made on a Monday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread