Good Customer Service

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Last fall my 8x6 Detech went bonkers a few weeks before warranty was up. (Panic! lol) I thought warranty would be handled by the manufacturer but never received a reply. Contacted Kelly Co. the day before warranty expired and was informed they actually do handle that. Doh!

Explained the problem. Sent it in without a coil cover as I never had one, but I did plastidip, which I easily removed. Received either a new coil with cover, or mine repaired with a new cover...can't tell. Wasn't expecting that!

Cost was shipping. I had put aside money for a replacement 8x6, so I added some more and purchased two additional coils to try out. 8-)

Thanks Kelly Co.

KELLYCO*SCUBA*CHRIS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Apr 21, 2015
Orlando FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett AT Pro, Nokta FORS CoRe/Relic/Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the feedback!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to give Kellyco a BIG THUMBS DOWN on customer service. I have been a loyal customer of theirs since 2006 buying three metal detectors, search coils, pro pointers, and numerous accessories. I just had a TERRIBLE experience with them that resulted in a wait of over 4 weeks for my item, when I found out they had this item in their warehouse the whole time. Please, before you order anything from them think twice. Many other companies out there that will truly appreciate your business. After what I had to go through....I'm done.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
devldog, I believe every word of your post, because we all know things like that DO happen, in fact I ordered a item from KellyCo that was sent to a wrong address one time, but that MAY have been on me not being clear. In YOUR instance, Yep, I'd be somewhat ticked as well, perhaps even" beyond" somewhat, but for me I guess, after ordering so many things over so many years, with one error only, is by far, Better than anything else I've dealt with. I'm just saying, there ARE a lot of other places out there, we go with what each of us feel better with. I think I've dealt with them since 1992? Talking six? detectors, couple of pin-pointers, don't know how many coils, rock tumblers etc. etc. etc. I'm not a "cheerleader" for KellyCo, nothing to gain or lose, just sticking with what has worked for me.

Aug 13, 2018
Long Beach, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher 1280-X Aquanaut, Fisher F2, Fisher 1220-X Pro, Fisher F-Pulse pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I recently had an issue with a very minor purchase that I made from KellyCo through eBay. When I pointed out that the item that they shipped me was not the same item shown in their eBay listing, they immediately issued a refund and sent a prepaid FedEx label. I was impressed and will buy from them again.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We do what we feel is best or what best works for us. I'm not trying to sway folks one way or the other, as stated, nothing to gain my way one way or the other. I was just stating what I had personally encountered. As I stated here, we do what works best for us.....that's what I am doing from here on out and that is what each of us need to do. Best of Luck in the future and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread