Weekend lost!

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered my first ever detector and it didn't go so well. Placed my order and paid in full for a detector and pointer. If it would have shipped on the right date I probably would have got it Saturday. This is my long weekend off so I could have done some detecting maybe Saturday and all day Sunday. Well my order didn't ship so I called and was told for some reason it wasn't showing up on the computer as paid even tho it was. So now I won't get it till Tuesday or Wednesday and I work all week so probably won't get to go till next Sunday. Not a good experience for my first purchase. But I do understand things happen. Just sucks I lose my 2 days off of detecting.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate the wait myself. This time of year it gets busy. Sponsors will do you right. First Texas sent me a grab bag of freebies when I did my upgrade. Quality stuff, no no imitations. It really impressed me to buy new and with a sponsor. So set back and relax and know you got a great machine what ever your purchased coming. Never rush your cook, or your mail man.

OP
OP
J

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate the wait myself. This time of year it gets busy. Sponsors will do you right. First Texas sent me a grab bag of freebies when I did my upgrade. Quality stuff, no no imitations. It really impressed me to buy new and with a sponsor. So set back and relax and know you got a great machine what ever your purchased coming. Never rush your cook, or your mail man.
Haha...that's funny...never rush your mail man...I am a mailman and trust me...we get rushed all the time.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mail person is special, and nothing gets rushed here. But ty for your service.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbors deliver more of my mail to me than my mail person. I hate to order stuff online anymore. This is not a direct reflection on the otehr services I have used. Had a box of Christmas presents sent to the wrong house one year, now that was a sad story, the presents were not recovered. The price of shipping has drove me out of ebay along with ebay fees. But I can say 90% of the stuff that matters gets to me. Thats a pretty good rate. Im not sure what qualifications you have to have, but was told twenty years ago they dont hire veterans. I would have made a good mail man too.

OP
OP
J

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are one of the largest if not the largest employer of veterans. Veterans actually get points added to their test scores. But the issue during xmas is they hire a lot of new people because they were not expecting such a high volume of packages and the new people do not get proper training.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jwilson, so sorry for your loss of your time off and the delivery woes you experienced. If I may ask, who was your sales rep? You can reply if you want on PM. I'm devldog. Personally, I have spent quite a lot of money with these folks since 2006, but after this last Fiasco, I just spent my last penny with them.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought through KellyCo for many years, never had a problem. I have never ordered On Line, always a phone call. I do not buy, order, or conduct business on line, I don't have 100% trust in it. But then that may only be me, and that's O.K. Anyway, When it does arrive, you will have many more weekends with it, where missing the first one wont matter. You'll be "Hooked" like the rest of us, and only be thinking of the "Next" one, & the next, & the next, & the next--------------.

OP
OP
J

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought through KellyCo for many years, never had a problem. I have never ordered On Line, always a phone call. I do not buy, order, or conduct business on line, I don't have 100% trust in it. But then that may only be me, and that's O.K. Anyway, When it does arrive, you will have many more weekends with it, where missing the first one wont matter. You'll be "Hooked" like the rest of us, and only be thinking of the "Next" one, & the next, & the next, & the next--------------.

I didn't order online...it was a phone call.

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i will not deal with kellyco due to not 1 but 3 problems with 3 orders

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have noticed quite a change in their over all help and knowledge in the last little while.....and it hasn't been for the better.

Wankerman

Jun 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happened to me, it was supposed to arrive on a Wednesday, didn't receive it until Monday five days later

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dealt with K-co for 30 years.

They are the only company I have dealt with ever... every detector I have bought new as well as accessories has come from them.

Never once had a problem... shorted me an excal carry bag once... immediately sent it out with extras... and gave me limited black one.

Of course I have not ordered much from them in last few years... except a new TP 580... which arrived prompt.

Not sure what they are like these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread