I'M PISSED OFF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent my X-terra 705 to Marty (Ya I'm naming names) at Kellyco's Minelab Repair Center after having sent pics of my display not all lighting up like it should. They checked and said it's under warranty so send it in and what to write on the box. So I did.

Then after talking to them on Wednesday and being told it's done and on it's way back, they called me wanting $90+ for the repair the following Saturday. So I reminded them it's a warranty repair, no big deal, but WTH?

Today I got it back with a shinny new strip of Minelab tape on the side, put it all back together, turned it on and still have the same problem. All i can tell that they did was put a new strip of tape on the side.

What a waste of my time and shipping costs.

Thanks for nothing, I couldn't be more disappointed.

Before repairs
20170827_164138.jpg

After repairs
20170921_184546.jpg

Now I get why everyone complains about your service.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer to hear man. I would be livid.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's on it's way back to Kellyco's Minelab Repair Center, we'll see if they can figure it out this time.
I love Minelab detectors, and I want one of the new Equinox machines, but if they can't fix my Xterra without multiple trips across the country, I'll be very had pressed to make the purchase with confidence.

Either way, I'll be honest about my experience, good or bad.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
News to me, I had to send it to the Kellyco repair center in Florida.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm still waiting on it's safe return but a couple of days ago I received a phone call telling me that my detector apparently needed a whole new motherboard, but it's done and on it's way back to me. -Hopefully they don't call Saturday to charge me like they tried to do last time. I haven't got to do much of anything this month between family life and my best detector being in the shop. Hopefully I can still find my groove again.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm still waiting on it's safe return but a couple of days ago I received a phone call telling me that my detector apparently needed a whole new motherboard, but it's done and on it's way back to me. -Hopefully they don't call Saturday to charge me like they tried to do last time. I haven't got to do much of anything this month between family life and my best detector being in the shop. Hopefully I can still find my groove again.

Thats a bummer man. Not having your detector and it is coming up on key fall hunting. I would go nuts, hope your sanity survives.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Icewing, so sorry to hear of your trouble getting your Minelab repaired at Kellyco's repair center. Let me just say this. After purchasing 3 metal detectors, 2 pinpointers, MD carry bags, multiple search coils from them, I AM DONE. After my last fiasco with them in attempting to purchase a search coil for my MXT, I will take my business elsewhere. It appears that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing there. Here's hoping you can get the repairs satisfactorily completed to your Xterra and back in your hands SOON. Best of Luck to you.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did finally get my detector back in good working order after they claim they had to replace the mother board, but they didn't replace the special warrant tape on the side so now it says VOID VOID VOID on the left side of the control box.

Minelab needs to completely drop the Kellyco Repair Center and/or whomever it is there in Florida who just can't seem to get anything right.

*sorry but I'm not the type to sugar coat things*

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did finally get my detector back in good working order after they claim they had to replace the mother board, but they didn't replace the special warrant tape on the side so now it says VOID VOID VOID on the left side of the control box.

Minelab needs to completely drop the Kellyco Repair Center and/or whomever it is there in Florida who just can't seem to get anything right.

I can bet you will need to find somewhere else to send it next time after this post. lol.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They do not claim they replaced motherboard, if they said they replaced motherboard they replaced it. They may not have had warrant tape to put on it, but records will show it was worked on.

Since you have received your detector in good working order per your comment the thread is closed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread