New to the hobby

reed

Greenie
May 13, 2009
Louisville Kentucky
Hello from Louisville. Been interested in MD'ing for a year or so but just got a hold of my first detector last week. So far I’ve been reading through the site and learned that detecting will now get you run off, or possibly even arrested at local parks in the metro. Are there any public areas in Louisville that I can still hunt? So far I've spent about 15 hours hunting my parents back yard. I'm getting better with each outing, but the finds are slim to none now :)

I have noticed several people from Louisville in this forum and would like the opportunity to meet and possibly tag along on a hunt. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated as I’m not even sure if I can travel just outside Louisville and hunt their parks.

Look forward to hearing from everyone.
Reed

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Someone else can best fill you in on any public places for MDing in the city. Depending on what you're interested in finding, the best places are on private property.

Regards,

Buckleboy

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the Forum,
I never liked hunting parks,to much modern day activity for this Country boy. Private property is the best, with any kind of digging the more time you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Research, take some cruises through the country and locate the best places you think would produce.
There are tons of things out there to find, just waiting for you too locate it. God only knows, I need to do more of it myself.

Take care and Enjoy,

Nova Treasure

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not in Louisville, so im not going to
say yes or no, but here in Shelbyville, I
have never been told I couldnt detect the
schools.
Hopefully someone else can give you an
answer to that question Reed ! :thumbsup:

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hello Reed,
Welcome to the board and yes we are allowed to hunt the Public Schools. Have been hitting some of them trying to get back in shape.

Don't know what part of town your in but the local club will be having a meeting tomorrow at 1:00Pm at the old Southwest hospital now part of Jewish system. You are more than welcome to attend member or not. Don't know who will be there but you might find someone in your part of town to hunt with. When you walk in the main entrance turn left and the room is the first one on the left.

Later Jimmy T

OP
OP
reed

reed

Greenie
May 13, 2009
Louisville Kentucky
Thanks again for the info guys.
I cannot make the meeting tomorrow, but would like to attend in the future. Whats the name of the club?

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Reed,

The club name is ( Bluegrass loop & Coil ) they said because of vacations there would not be a meeting next month but will start back Aug. There is a link down the page from this on called (Presenting the bluegrass loop & coil club) that might have more info on it.

Later Jimmy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions