Swift grave

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sounds interesting. Tell us the story please :)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks,
Im a rookie at this but I wanted to let you know that I found Zella Swift Grave. It is in Capito Cemetery in Bell Co. I will post
pics if anyone is interested. Thanks

What has Zella Swift Grave have to do with anything? Maybe the Swift Silver Mines but I know that Zella was a different branch of the Swift Family Tree. Her father, Worthy Swift was born in England in 1855 and her mother, Alice Jane Chadwick was born in Dayton, Tenn. Zella herself was born March 23, 1899 and she died on July 13, 1916 at the age of 17. Tracing her genealogy back she was descended from a John Swift that married Jane (Unknown) he could have been the right John or Jonathan Swift except all of his children, grand-children and gggrand-children were all born in England not in Alexandria, Virginia. So I believe Zella Ann Swift's Grave has nothing at all to do with the Swift Silver Mines of Kentucky.

The Real Swift

Aug 31, 2011
Manchester, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, White's Coinmaster Pro,Whites 5500/D Series 3
John Swift was actually mentioned living on Clear Fork in July of 1818. See P. 27 of the Whitley County, Kentucky County Clerk Minutes Book 1
1818-1822. Click the link below. This is very near the area of the Blakely stone at Frakes and the Chenoa furnaces. That also fits with Judge John Haywood seemingly having personal knowledge of Swift. There is a lot of factual evidence that John Swift was a real person.

Whitley Co., KY, Minute Book 1

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread