New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I don't search for them but have some friends that do and they are extremely tight lipped about when and where. I don't get it, it's just a freakin' spore....lol.

The Real Swift

Aug 31, 2011
Manchester, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, White's Coinmaster Pro,Whites 5500/D Series 3
I will be in the Danville, Lake Cumberland, Irvine area collecting agate and geodes on the 3rd and 4thof April and would like to pick some shrooms. Morels are great! Are there any areas or suggestions you may have?
Thanks, Ray

Look for spots where the sunshine hits first in the morning. Its a little early for them right now. More like the 1st of April.

OP
OP
N

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to you both for your thoughts. Just looking for insight.
Being there the first week of April should be ideal. Its now where. I'll be in a prime area.
Is mushroom tresspassing better or worse than dirt fishing (metal detecting) tresspassing in Kentucky? LOL. I wouldn't do either.
And if I can't collect myself, are there locals I can purchase fresh morels from? Whats a good price per pound?
Thanx again for your replies,
Ray

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Thanks to you both for your thoughts. Just looking for insight.
Being there the first week of April should be ideal. Its now where. I'll be in a prime area.
Is mushroom tresspassing better or worse than dirt fishing (metal detecting) tresspassing in Kentucky? LOL. I wouldn't do either.
And if I can't collect myself, are there locals I can purchase fresh morels from? Whats a good price per pound?
Thanx again for your replies,
Ray

Unless it warms up drastically between now and then, the first week of April won't be good (it's snowing today). Last year, I saw several craigslist ads offering Morels but none of them listed their price. There are acres and acres of Daniel Boone National Forest just outside of Lexington...south and east, less than an hour drive. The folks that I know hunt them in Menifee, Bath and Rowan counties.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got butter.jpg 2008+one.jpg

Come on over, bring a chainsaw.:laughing7:

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
Thats a nice one! Use to find them much bigger, but hauling them out if the woods was a nightmare without a team of mules!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread