Waited a year to long

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hello All,

In Nov. bought my Detector and told my wife I knew the perfect place to hunt. All of my adult life have known where a main part of the city is nothing but a open field now. During its hay day there were three main streets with about a dozen cross streets there and everything from people to cattle that traveled the Ohio had to cross. A little down river is the place where men that wanted to join the south had to go to get a ride down river. There were homes and business of all kind there and is still inside the city limits. After learning how to research off this site found where last summer the Louisville Historical Society along with the UofK department started a dig in the general area. Now will have to wait and see just how much of the area they will take control of. Just thought I would vent here for a moment and then just get over it.

Hope to meet all of you during the upcoming summer.

Jimmy T

OP
OP
JimmyT

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Mark, As for now I would think we need to wait to see what they do. I haven't been there since they started to see exactly what they have on there mind. Will go there next week and check it out. Were talking a lot of ground and if they go southeast from where is seems they are there in for a large surprise. I expect they know more than I but I grew up and played all over this area.

One of these days if you have a little time will be glad to meet and talk. Have only been out three times so still learning and need a little more practice before going there.

Jim

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Believe me, they probably don't know more. In all honesty, if you feel like helping them, please do. I am absolutely positive they need it! If you help them and they treat you like crap (which is what has happened in the past), let them make fools of themselves and don't help them anymore! Reap your rewards later. Oh, and don't expect any credit either. They'll keep it for themselves!

Cavers5

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I know where you're talking about. It would've been an interesting site to hit... Maybe I'll visit the museum after it's done to see what we missed LOL. I take it you live in the 'Ville too. If you're ever wanting to team up for a hunt, let me know. I've been doing a lot of research lately on some sites in the surrounding areas.

Buckleboy

OP
OP
JimmyT

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Buckleboy, Would like to team up sometime but I need to get a little more practice with this thing so I can be a asset to the hunt. Hope to spend sometime this upcoming week practicing since the weather is improving,not much but just enough. Yea, born and raised in the 'Ville and never paid any attention to how things looked and where people gathered back in my younger days.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just PM me if you'd like to get together for a hunt this spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions