Back, and everything is new.

Oldbuttplate

Oct 18, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT. It was free. Still works good.
Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In Ashland.
Well after bing out if the hobby since 77 I needed something to do after retiring and here I am, what a surprise with all the new toys and how much has changed! Fences no trespassing signs and the way people are so suspicious and fearful now days. The detectors? I have relearn everything I remember about How to work on the new ones.
Have a whites QXT new in the box given to me and picket up a new Tesoro Silver umax.
Anyway my question is are the city parks still ok to go in now days around the try state area?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Welcome back and congrats on your retirement. You will love the Tesoro umax! Access to City parks is hit and miss, varies from city to city. Ashland....now there's an old town!
And welcome to Treasurenet. Hope to see some of your finds.

OP
OP
O

Oldbuttplate

Oct 18, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you.
Looks like it may be a bit harder now days getting to the good stuff.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Thank you.
Looks like it may be a bit harder now days getting to the good stuff.

I've heard of the good ole days of detecting, sure wish I was around back then. Well, I was around, sucking a bottle and crapping in my diaper...lol. I've hunted several spots that have been hit on and off since the 70's, still plenty to be found. It took several years but after interpreting what my detector was telling me, I began to pull good finds from old schools, churches and parks. I prefer to hunt home sites from the 1800's these days, got me some old maps and just started knocking on doors.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Well, I thought your avatar said you were from Ashland...now it says East Ky...lol. If there's an old map you'd like to look at, just shout out.

OP
OP
O

Oldbuttplate

Oct 18, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I thought your avatar said you were from Ashland...now it says East Ky...lol. If there's an old map you'd like to look at, just shout out.

Thanks, yes in Ashland. I'm good on maps for now, just have to get out and hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread