Anyone Used A Minelab Safari Around These Parts?

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
I have been mainly used to Whites and BH detectors but, I am thinking about switching things up and going with a ML this time. Our family has several TH's in the group and the machines we use widely vary. I am really interested in the Minelab Safari as I feel it will perform very similar to the Explorer and Etrac models but is a little more user friendly for me and fits my budget.
I like to hunt for old silver coins, jewelry, and relics and have never turned my nose up at clad either :laughing7:, so i guess my question is with our Ky soil conditions and no real particular style of hunting has anyone used or know someone that has used the Safari around our region and what was their thoughts of the machine?

Take Care, Bobby

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Bobby glad to see you on here, I would also ask those in the Minelab Forum too, there might be someone in there that can help.
hopefully soon We can get out and do some detecting.

OP
OP
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Hey Bobby glad to see you on here, I would also ask those in the Minelab Forum too, there might be someone in there that can help.

Yeah, I'm about to explode waiting on this weather to clear up so we can do some detecting. I will hopefully have my new machine soon and will be on pins and needles waiting to get out there and hit the dirt.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Yeah, I'm about to explode waiting on this weather to clear up so we can do some detecting. I will hopefully have my new machine soon and will be on pins and needles waiting to get out there and hit the dirt.

Yep, I hope the roads are good tomorrow because I am expecting a brown truck tomorrow :laughing7:

frank1fm

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been mainly used to Whites and BH detectors but, I am thinking about switching things up and going with a ML this time. Our family has several TH's in the group and the machines we use widely vary. I am really interested in the Minelab Safari as I feel it will perform very similar to the Explorer and Etrac models but is a little more user friendly for me and fits my budget.
I like to hunt for old silver coins, jewelry, and relics and have never turned my nose up at clad either :laughing7:, so i guess my question is with our Ky soil conditions and no real particular style of hunting has anyone used or know someone that has used the Safari around our region and what was their thoughts of the machine?

Take Care, Bobby
I know this post is old.However,I just bought a Minelab Safari last month.It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles,but this machine really goes deep.And I mean deep.I just ordered the WOT 15inch coil.I live near the Atlantic Ocean and have tested for salt water and black sand.This machine is amazing.Runs real smooth on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions