New Member from Russell County, KY.

kf4yre

Jan 6, 2014
Russell County, KY.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to say hey. I'm from Russell County and have metal detected with cheap detectors. Gold prospected in NC and have my own pans, sluices, etc. Love looking for arrowheads, geodes, fossils, caving, etc. Have found a little gold while prospecting but mostly just farm equipment and junk while detecting. But, I only have a cheap detector right now. Me and a friend did find an ole silver spur while detecting around an ole log cabin once though.

Would love to find others close by that I could hunt with and learn from.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama and happy hunting to you. Be sure to share your cool finds as well as the things that you learn.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
:hello2: Welcome to KY and welcome to Tnet. Any kind of TH'ing can be enjoyable, and with practice and the right location to sweep your coil over, you don't need an expensive machine to reward you with goodies. My brother which is also on here, NovaTreasure, has much more experience than me and has showed me research and location can be more important than the brand or make of your metal detector. Most of the better relics and coins I have seen pulled recently, have been dug at just about 4"-6". Any standard metal detector these days have the ability to that depth.
I work around Bowling Green, Glasgow and other surrounding areas. Russell County is a bit of a stretch for me but, maybe when the weather warms up a bit we could meet up somewhere for a hunt?:metaldetector:

OP
OP
K

kf4yre

Jan 6, 2014
Russell County, KY.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sounds good. I'm not too far from Glasgow. Got a couple ole homestead locations on our farm. I started detecting around them last year. Mostly just a few foundation stones left. Found some plow blades, metal pieces, etc. Want to check them out when it warms up. Hopeing maybe somebody dropped an old coin or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread