Found a tiny ring.

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello
It sure seems quiet here on the KY section of TN. I sure would like to see a little more local posts. I have been into detecting on and off since the 70’s and have just recently got back into it when my wife expressed interest. We have just been hitting local parks so far but hope to branch out to relic hunting. Since neither of us are from this area we have not made enough contacts with property owners yet. That may be our treasure assignment for the winter months. Anyway the reason that I am posting is that I have spent the last few days reading the Honorable Mention section about all of the rings and things that have been found and returned. One of the few things that I have found of interest since I started back up (only about a month) is a very tiny child’s ring. I believe that it is brass and not gold but not sure. It looks to have some age to it and may have been a family heirloom. But then again it may just be junk. I found it in a park in Nicholasville. There is no lost and found at the parks department that I can find but would love to return the ring to the family. If anyone has been contacted to look for a ring like this or heard of someone who’s child lost such a ring let me know

JimK

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 119

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree Jim, I miss the Kentucky section posting. I guess im guilty of not posting in here and I know i should. I plan to start getting into some serious swinging now the crops are being cut, so I will bring some of my post in here.
The ring you found by size most likely is a childs ring but the pic sure reminds me of a 1940's brass school ring. Pretty nice find either way. Bill

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I figured everyone was tired of seeing me post rusted iron...nails and axeheads....my specialty lately...lol

Sounds like your swinging in the right place, I haven't had the time to get out, but maybe this week I can get a chance to find some iron and axe heads, lol.

OP
OP
JimK

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never get tired of seeing what others find. Jealous maybe but not tired. We got out for a bit and found a bunch of clad, two junk rings and a cool Remington shot gun shell from 1911-1934. Not very exciting but we had a lot of fun.

JimK

Attachments

• rem.JPG
    rem.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 117
  • ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 110
  • ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 109

Top Member Reactions