Dorian Cook held hostage by KGC!

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Yeah! Everyone seems to have vanished. I got tired of doing all the posting here.

Come back Shane....err Dorian.

LOL

Burt

KGC = Kentucky Gopher Club right?

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Hey Y'all...

Help!!! I am somewhere inside a giant cave in the middle of a mountain somewhere in the U.S surrounded by stacks and stacks of KGC gold bars. They have me tied to a chair but I managed to get one hand free and get my cell phone out of my pocket enough to text message you here on the forum. And.... MOST IMPORTANTLY.... if you believe that one then I have some land to sell you here in Kentucky where you will find a Confederate Belt Buckle in every square yard of it! ;D

Warm greetings to all my recently newfound treasure hunting pals here on TNET!

My absence from the forum has been due to two different sets of circumstances. The first was I contracted a severe mold allergy or reaction from cleaning old bark mulch out of peoples flower and shrub beds (file this one under "occupational hazard") and it knocked me down pretty good for almost 4 weeks. I was robbed of most of my energy and it made me so miserable that I could just manage to drag myself off to work and have my hired help do all the heavy work while I "supervised". By the time I dragged back to the house I was not much caring if the world came to an end and often could not even bring myself to check regular emails, much less go on the forum and try to be witty and intelligent. ::)

I had even found what is likely an untouched Civil War site within a hundred yards of a big landscape job I am working on and did not have the energy to go get my detector out of the truck and check it out after work. Anyway, about the time I got over the worst of that my spring "busy season" was upon me and I was rushing around, putting in long hours with my returned energy to try to get my wealthy customers estates looking good for their spring parties and weddings. During this period I would come home, not sick, but physically exhausted and once again not inclined to spend time on the net. I have about one more week of that kind of activity, it looks like at this point, and then I'M GETTING MY DETECTOR OUT AND GOIN' HUNTING!!!

Who knows... maybe I will even find a thing or two worth telling you about. ;)

So... please bear with me a little while longer and I will try to return the forum a couple times per week. Its nice to know that I was missed by at least a few. Thought maybe everybody would be relieved to not have to put up with my spouting off about this and that.

I hope you are all doing well and having a more successful hunting year as a result of anything new you learned at the KARRA winter conference. Am thinking about trying to put together a detector "field day" at my property in Lewis County this summer for the purpose of on-site training of how to find various targets with metal detectors. Would appreciate any feedback you care to give on that idea.

I will try to post a new topic the week after this coming one on some aspect of hunting that might be helpful to some.

Remember... if you don't dig it now... an old pro will! ;D

Now, if y'all will excuse me I gotta get back to trying to get the rest of these ropes off of me and trying to figure out how to get all these gold bars out of here without setting off the booby traps. ;)

DC

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
LMAO! It's very good to hear from you DC. Man, we were really worried about you.

Buckleboy told us that you wore him out on your mutual hunt shortly before your disappearance, I was beginning to wonder if you'd done yourself in!

Sign me up for field day, I'll bring some door prizes for this one.

Jamie

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! I figured that Dorian was o.k. after that hunt, but I was beat! I gotta get in better shape! Glad to hear from ya Dorian. PM me or call when you'd like to get together for a hunt.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread