Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, from south central ky. Im kinda new to detecting but i would travel for a good find

OP
OP
WKYDIGGER

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a long haul for you. About 4 hrs. one way i think. I couldn't promise what anybody would find.

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we have the old barthel coal mining camp along with mine 18 and blue heron down here. Also Lot of old railroad history. I dont know alot about MD but any pointers you could give me would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
WKYDIGGER

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it you are very new to the hobby. How old are you?

OP
OP
WKYDIGGER

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know there is guys down in your area that detect. You should see if you can hook up with some of them that's been at it a while to help you. Maybe there is a club down in that area. I've been fooling with these things for over 25 yrs.

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, im 26 ive always wanted to get into it butbi really justvwent on my first hunt today at my old home place for about an hour. I gound 2 pennies from the 70s, a tire guage, water spicket nozzle, and some type of metal lid.

OP
OP
WKYDIGGER

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep at it, you never know what you will swing the coil over. Old homeplaces, old 1 room school houses, old fairgrounds, old ghost towns, just anywhere old is a good place to look. Don't know if there is any old civil war campsites down there but i'd be finding out.

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive read that there was some in whitley county and in scott but ive not heard anything about here. I know a place where an old armored car wrecked in the 80's and no one hes detected on it

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is stories of a small vein of a gold mine and one of swifts silver mines. I do know alot of old folks who have hid money in the ground and stuff.and the question of where hopefully will be determined real soon.

Clint in KY

Greenie
Oct 5, 2014
West Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from the other side of the lake in Marshall County and my hunting buddies and I are always looking for somewhere to hunt where we won't get run off.

OP
OP
WKYDIGGER

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from the other side of the lake in Marshall County and my hunting buddies and I are always looking for somewhere to hunt where we won't get run off.

Exactly how many hunting buddies are you talking about? The other thing is the only time you could go is if you were with me. If i took you once and you tried to go back on your own, you would be run off by the landowner. I took 1 guy once and the next weekend i went back and this guy and 4 of his buddies were there hunting. Never called me and asked if they could or anything. So i ran them all off and told them to never come back. I don't mind to share a spot. Just don't try to take advantage of it. Holler at me sometime and we will see.

Clint in KY

Greenie
Oct 5, 2014
West Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with one (usually) and two others (occasionally). We understand permissions and we don't poach anyone's spots. Two of us have standing permission to hunt a private beach and have seen the same thing happen when some others stumbled upon it.

It will be spring before we get back into it as we are both older and don't go out much when the weather is like it is now.

OP
OP
WKYDIGGER

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Clint i'm not very young either, i'm 58. I'm going back down there probably next weekend. I think it's supposed to be back up between 50 and 60 deg. then. Holler at me sometime.

KyKatt

Jun 18, 2016
western ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro AT Pro
Garrett Carrot Pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Central City, family in Hopkins Co.

holyhunter

Sep 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking for the Henderson area hunters, new to hobby, willing to travel a bit if anyone wants to hook up and find some old land let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread