bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever checked into this school before? Russell Cave Elementary. It is about a mile away from my house and looking it up on the internet it has been around for a very long time. It was burnt down and rebuild and I think it was a slave school or something. What I read was a farmer had owned the land and built a school to educate slaves or something. I might go there and check it out in the morning after a phone call to the school to see if it is ok to hunt there.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
I've never hunted it and it's been a long time since I've been out there, but there used to be a custodian house on the front left side near the road. Should be some 20's to 30's stuff around there, much like out at Athens. But Athens has been pounded.

Good luck

Burt

OP
OP
bclark

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will let you know what I find out. I have tried several times to get permission at the othersite but the guy does not return phone calls and I don't want to be annoying. I have left a couple of messages and that is all I can do I guess.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
im not sure if russell cave has summer school or not (did i mention i worked for for fayette co schools?)
The biggest problem would be just dont do it if school is in session and watch what you have to dig with if kids happen to be around (k-bar knives aren't the best thing).

I've never even been approached on any school grounds.

Burt

OP
OP
bclark

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I knew you worked for the schools. I have been at Mary Todd and had no trouble. I would not ever go to a school during classes. I would feel weird like I had a million eyes on me. While at Mary Todd I did find an old axe head. Not sure how old but I enjoyed the find. I am slowly learning the Ace 250. Have you found anything lately?

Bernie

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
I haven't hunted for few months. Gotta lot of home projects I've been working on with the lower humidities this summer.

I spent all my summers growing up in New Mexico and when you sweat it evaporates, much like its been here in recent years. I hate humidity (even though we need the rain) :-\

OP
OP
bclark

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the greater part of my childhood in Phoenix Arizona and it was a dry heat there and then went to Missouri for a visit with family friends and the second I walked outside it flet like I just got out of the shower but the clean feeling was all gone. I hate humidity and would rather go with the dry heat as well.

OP
OP
bclark

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it worth the trip? I emailed the Mrs. Rutherford the Principle to ensure it was ok that I hunt there. I did not want to get introuble and ruin it for everyone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions