Roll Call of the Early Copper Coins Found in Kentucky

bluegrass digger

Feb 18, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After finding a KG II copper the other day and a Virginia half penny a couple years ago I was wondering about other early copper coins found in Kentucky over the years (pre 1800). Both of the coins were posted on today's finds and can be found in my started thread. I know Nova posted a KG and two magnificent New Jersey state copper awhile back along with his brother finding a Nova Constellatio coin. A veteran relic hunter that lives near me also found a Nova Constellatio near his home. I remember reading online about the archaeological survey of Daniel Boone's Station in Fayette County in which a KG copper was recovered onsite. So if others want to share their findings or weigh in I would love to hear what was brought to this state by the early pioneers. Thank you!

OP
OP
B

bluegrass digger

Feb 18, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 1320 for adding the link and the supportive encouragement! I generally detect alone so it's nice to connect with people that share an appreciation for early relics in Kentucky. I hope to hear from others on this thread.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting thread and glad to see it, hopefully others will chime in over time. I haven't found anymore pre 1800 coppers since the 3 of mine that you posted, but I have found several pre 1800 reales and cut silver in different sites since than and before. Good Luck in 2018 and hopefully we all get the chance to add another early copper to this thread.

OP
OP
B

bluegrass digger

Feb 18, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nova I was hoping you would comment on this thread. I hope others can contribute as well. The only connections I have are a few local veteran hunters, so I'm not aware of scope of finds throughout Kentucky. I know reales are more common than pre 1800 coppers. I too have some half and one reales, a two, two cut, and a few counterfeit reales. I failed to mention the 1798 large cent that I recovered about two years ago. The early coppers are hard to come by in Kentucky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread