The Martin Family Lost Silver Mine, Sandhill, KY

KYfarmgal

Oct 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Treasure Hunters,
My name is Dina and my husband's name is Cliff! I stumbled onto this sight purely by accident, but I don't believe honestly that we stumble onto, or into something that's been gnawing at me for the past 11 years, by accident!!!
My husband and I bought the old Martin farm located on the Ohio River in a little berg called, Sandhill, KY. We are located in Lewis Co., KY.
When we were first married we had every intention in the world to purchase and live on the 350 acre farm and raise a family. That was 35 years ago this past Aug. The Kaviot was the 1880 to 1910 circa Victorian beauty on the outside, but the woodwork, hardwood floors, original everything was still in the house when it was built. EVERYTHING was in mint condition when we finally got to purchase the farm in 2009.
I couldn't believe our luck in finding the home in such excellent condition as to the extent that it could be fixed up, cleaned up and saved, restored to it's former "glory" days.
But, the other "cool" thing we learned about the farm was the information, gossip, etc... was regarding a lost silver mine on one of the two farms (we had to buy the farms in 2 tracts).
Well, we think we found the mine(s).
But, we are looking for someone or relatives that may know more information than Cliff and our neighbors know about the family farm in it's original glory days around the late 1800's, early 1900's.
Thanks and look forward to more treasure hunting on this lovely site!

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would check out the local library and contact any nearby historical societies and see what information they could provide.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard KYfarmgal! Take a look at Forum: Kentucky for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to Forum: KENTUCKY for more exposure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread