Opinions on this KGC "Vault"

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Opinions on this KGC "Vault"

Hi swiftsearcher. You are doing an excellent job. I agree with everything you say in your message. After all, what treasure hunter out there can tell you that he has found a gold and diamond ring until he has dug his target? The same thing applies to KGC depositories and potential depositories...you never know what it holds until you are inside of it. In my opinion, the fun is in the search. That's why I have been metal detecting for the past 30 years. I never know what the next signal will bring but I am never disappointed when I dig up a pull tab because I know that the next signal may be from a silver or gold coin.
~Texas Jay

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Doggone ! There's Lamar . Thought the evenings would be getting a bit chilly for your comfort .
I'm a bit long in the tooth to harbor illusions . Fact is that a gentleman I have become friends with thinks he might have to move some rocks by primative means and is not certain how to go about it .
Being retired I got nothin else to do ; and I got that done this morning ; so at my and Scott's conveince I'm gonna go down and show him how to roll some rocks . I've always enjoyed doin' that ...

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

I am still excited to hear more as the excvation of swifts vault continues. I await to hear more when truckinbutch returns from rock rollin. Good luck

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Real de Tayopa said:
HIO sticky fingers truckingbutch, best of luck and have fun.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Sticky fingers , amigo ? Where I live that is not a flattering description of an honorable person . Perhaps there is a different connotation in your area . I would hate to think that for some reason I have devalued your generally high opinion of me .
Jim

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Truckinbutch:

Vault ~ Sticky Fingers ~ Get It? Safecracker ~ Filed Finger Tips ~

Click . . . Click ~ Oh Well, it's funnier when Don Jose sez it . . .

lastleg

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good morning st-- err Truckin butch, mi buddy :notworthy:: :coffee2: :coffee2:?? heheheheh "never fear yer admirer is here". NOW go get some Gold, or at least do some lascivious fondling of some KGC Gold. :icon_sunny:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Swiftsearcher:
In your last post, above, you were explaining how you started this thread and described, again, how you found this vault. Please, Sir, you do not owe anyone another explanation.
SS, I am one of the many folks following your thread who wishes you the best in you hunt and hope you share your adventure with us. At least as much as you can SAFELY report. :thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good morning swr: First --\_ :coffee2: :coffee2:_/. You posted -->

"Sorry you weren't around back when I shared some finds. Interesting how you can say I never shared any"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you say, show me the proof!

Surely you haven't forgotten the picture of the Silver bars from Tayopa that I posted?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You also posted-->

"This is called: Pumping Up the Drama"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting, perhaps you can clarify this by posting why & how?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As far as I can see or understand, you are still tap dancing around the central factor.

Don Jose de La Mancha

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

While my heroes clash I in my slumber vision Truckinbutch racing home
to WVA fighting sleep as he winds down narrow country roads bathed in
fog hoping to avoid a head-on while anxious to return to his beloved semi.
For it is here, and only here, that he can regain his composure after a
whirlwind weekend with his new but steadfast confidants. At the 'vault'
they pledged allegiance to the Knights who had laid this treasure at their
feet. Even though salivating over the hidden prize they still took time to
denigrate the naysayers who had actually prodded them to belay the
endless scuttlebut rabble rousing dialog to actually stand on the sacred
ground. A hearty wolf howl seemed appropriate.
But alas, none could gather the strengh to initiate the rock rolling perhaps
due the stacks of hoe-cakes previously consumed. Luckily the gentleman
from down south had also brought along his comics collection plus several
Mississipi River rum-soaked crooks to while away the remaining daylight.
And so it was that with only one day left the argonaughts held counsel
and decided to put the entire day to effective use by collaborating on the
next round of naysayer rebukes. Instead of the onus being applied to the
'vault' which wasn't going anywhere any time soon a plot began to form
to "rain down brimstone" on the head NS with a vengeance not seen since
the Inquisition. It was brilliant. Somehow they even gained support from
the dreaded "Head Inquisitor". They realized that the table had been turned.
And so it was that a genuine but unfinished treasure thread was transformed
almost overnight into a witchhunt over 'missing' photographs. Surely this
Smokescreen will soon vanish like the Mesopotanium sheckles and well-
dressed stallions of the Anti-Deluvium Neverland.

Sincerely,
lastleg

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Dear Lastleg;
You wrote:
While my heroes clash I in my slumber vision Truckinbutch racing home
to WVA fighting sleep as he winds down narrow country roads bathed in
fog hoping to avoid a head-on while anxious to return to his beloved semi.
For it is here, and only here, that he can regain his composure after a
whirlwind weekend with his new but steadfast confidants. At the 'vault'
they pledged allegiance to the Knights who had laid this treasure at their
feet. Even though salivating over the hidden prize they still took time to
denigrate the naysayers who had actually prodded them to belay the
endless scuttlebut rabble rousing dialog to actually stand on the sacred
ground. A hearty wolf howl seemed appropriate.
But alas, none could gather the strengh to initiate the rock rolling perhaps
due the stacks of hoe-cakes previously consumed. Luckily the gentleman
from down south had also brought along his comics collection plus several
Mississipi River rum-soaked crooks to while away the remaining daylight.
And so it was that with only one day left the argonaughts held counsel
and decided to put the entire day to effective use by collaborating on the
next round of naysayer rebukes. Instead of the onus being applied to the
'vault' which wasn't going anywhere any time soon a plot began to form
to "rain down brimstone" on the head NS with a vengeance not seen since
the Inquisition. It was brilliant. Somehow they even gained support from
the dreaded "Head Inquisitor". They realized that the table had been turned.
And so it was that a genuine but unfinished treasure thread was transformed
almost overnight into a witchhunt over 'missing' photographs. Surely this
Smokescreen will soon vanish like the Mesopotanium sheckles and well-
dressed stallions of the Anti-Deluvium Neverland.

Sincerely,
lastleg

Your message seems to have some negativity surrounding the contents therein and I am wondering if everything is OK in your world? If there is something that you feel the need to discuss, by all means please feel free to do so, my friend. Everyone here is your friend and we shall do everything we can to assist you.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good morning Last leg: An interesting missive Want \_ :coffee2:_ :coffee2:/
or a beer?

Frankly, I have no idea if this KGC treasure exists of or not, it is not the bone of contention. what is important, is that many in here do believe that it has substance. I firmly believe that they should be allowed to keep that dream, even if it eventually turns out to be unobtainable.

To continually ask for proof, documentary back up evidence, etc. is simply not being logically realistic, or even intelligent in this case. By it's very nature, Treasure hunting basically deals in intangibles. If such documentation was freely available, the deposit would probably have been recovered long ago.

Such a dream should be persued. Even if it fails, it will provide many wonderful memories to be recalled later in life , when one is physically unable to go into the field, providing that it does no harm to others.

The actual nature of this treasure hunting site is based upon intangibles, if it weren't, this would simply be a history site. This makes one wonder why these that are constantly demanding proof of this or that, even come here? Frankly, even beginning psychology, will answer that, but that is for another thread.

In my case, if I had had to rely upon documented or provable data prior to going on my campaign, my project would still be just another lovely version of a King Solomon's mines story, instead of a success story.

Don Jose de La Mancha

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

My friend Lamar:

Oh no my friend, it is not negativity that summons me here. It is but
a sincere plea for more urgency, more rock & rolling that I seek. I only
want to inspire the Traditionalistic theorists to set aside their Smokecreen
behaviour to thrust their shovels deep in a determined effort to locate,
grid, digitally record and fully disclose the contents of the treasure vault.

I ask respectfully, Lamar, is that too much to expect?

Very sincerely,
lastleg

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Morning last leg:
you posted -->

"I ask respectfully, Lamar, is that too much to expect?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of ocurse not, if you work for the IRS or certain other branches of the US.

Don Jose de La Mancha

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Don Jose', as usual you have tickled my funnybone. An appropriate
reference indeed.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don Jose:
Two or three of these folks just can't get it throught their heads that it's none of their damned business what's in ANY cache being investigated and / or recovered by somebody else. They are not entitled to ANY info if the person working the project doesn't want to divulge it, yet, by their posts, they seem to have the idea that if they want to know, then the hunter has no choice but to tell them. Bulls---.
I think Swiftsearcher founded this thread to give those of us interested in the KGC a little positive reinforcement in our lives. Whether or not any of us are actually WORKING a project doesn't matter. I appreciate folks of good character like Swiftsearcher, Victorio, rangler, and, YEP, your regal self ( :laughing9: ), allowing the rest of us to share in their (your) successes. THANK YOU!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Don Jose':

I wasn't aware of the departure of Mr. Stack to the opposite side of the
earth. Naturally we all wish him bon voyage and hope the Southern Cross
may lead him to return him to us someday. I also hope the island has not
put up "Yankee Go Home" signs since his arrival.

Of course you know that it takes a little time to shed abrasive habits but
he could never find a more peaceful environment to let go of his rage than
in such a tropical paradise.

Since he seems a mite jet lagged at the moment I do wish you could relay
a message . . . something like . . . Malo ni lanu paepae, Stack.

Greatfully
lastleg

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Truckinbutch made it down. We are going out tomorrow. For those of you who will put words in my mouth, we are NOT going to do any work tomorrow. This is just a day for him to look the "vault" over and see what we need to do in order to get rid of a huge piece of rock that might fall and get inside. So, don't start trashing us or saying we are lying when we don't post any "find" tomorrow, as the actual "work" to finish things is a few weeks away. I am very excited and anxious to get Truckinbutch's opinion on things tomorrow myself!

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just now read this from the following website and thought it interesting. There is more to this than meets the eye (maybe the all-seeing eye of the Masons!). One interesting thing I noted when I recently excavated Swift's Rich Mine was a large Masonic "G" to the left of the mine entrance, along with a bird's head carved pointing toward the entrance. Also, the "vault" is very close to another one of Swift's Mines. Is this coincidence or by design? I guess I will not know the full answers until the vault is finally opened, but one can speculate until then. What are others' opinion on this "vault" story I have posted below and its relation to the Freemasons (which we know many of the KGC's higher ups were high ranking Freemasons)?

I will share my "theory" with you guys, although I am sure SWR and a handful will doubt it and make fun of it. I believe this "vault" might originally have been a storehouse for Swift and Co., but not in the sense we believe - more along the lines of a "Masonic Vault" than simply a storehouse for some backwoodsmen mining Silver (although it might have been used for that as well). Then, Sue Mundy, and the "KGC" came in with their deposits (maybe even digging up some of Swift's cache) and added to this. They knew about the Swift "vault" b/c of their "Masonic Connection" and might even involved Mundy, since she was a descendant of Swift's Mundy - maybe something to do with Swift's Company's "pact" that they needed a descendant of the original crew to come along, I don't know?

While at the "vault" the last time, I noticed what seemed to be a map carved on the side of it with two "dots", indicating two deposits. On top of the rock where these two deposits should be according to the map, the vegetation was dead! Every place else around, the vegetation was green! Could this be that inside there are two caches - one of Swift's and one of Quantrill and Sue Mundy? Or, could this be a Masonic cache of Swift's and one of Quantrill and Sue Mundy? Was there more to Swift's mining activities? Could he have been hiding a "Masonic Treasure" as well? I am not going to go into details now, however, there is much evidence to this at the Rich Mine! What are others' thoughts - especially any Masons, Rebel, etc.? BTW - Yesterday, while out with a couple friends, we found the famous anchor, where it should be (and I had overlooked) from the famous Swift Map in Henson's book!

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/secrets_of_oak_island

Secrets Revealed
Assuming the “shaft” is a natural phenomenon, there still remains the other major piece of the Oak Island puzzle: How do we explain the presence of such cryptic elements as the cipher stone allegedly discovered in the pit in 1803, a large equilateral triangle (made of beach stones and measuring ten feet on each side) found in 1897, or a megalithic cross which Fred Nolan discovered on the south shore in 1981? (See figure 1; Finnan 1997, 36, 68-69, 79-82.)
By the early 1980s I had become aware of parallels between Oak Island's Money Pit and the arcana of the Freemasons. Theirs is not, they insist, a “secret society” but a “society with secrets." Carried to North America in the eighteenth century, Masonry has been defined as “a peculiar system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols” (Masonic Bible 1964, 26). One of the essential elements of any true Masonic group is “a legend or allegory relating to the building of King Solomon's Temple" ("Freemasonry” 1978). And an allegory of the Secret Vault, based on Solomon's fabled depository of certain great secrets, is elaborated in the seventh or Royal Arch degree. Among the ruins of the temple, three sojourners discover the subterranean chamber wherein are found three trying-squares and a chest, identified as the Ark of the Covenant (Masonic 1964, 12, 37, 63; Lester 1977, 150; Duncan 1972).

No doubt many readers have encountered Secret Vault symbolism-which pertains to lost secrets, buried treasure, and the grave (Macoy 1908, 445; Revised 1975, 64 n.22)-without recognizing it as such. For example, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, a Freemason, not only employed Masonic allusions in several of his Sherlock Holmes stories (Bunson 1994, 84) but penned three that evoke Masonry's hidden vault itself. For instance, Holmes uncovers dark secrets in “The Adventure of Shoscombe Old Place.” Beneath an old chapel on the Shoscombe property, accessed by stumbling through “loose masonry” (an obvious pun) and proceeding down a steep stairway, Holmes finds himself in a crypt with an “arched . . . roof" (evoking the Royal Arch degree of Masonry). Accompanied by his client-a “Mr. Mason"!-Holmes finds the key to a series of strange mysteries. Similarly allusive Holmes stories are “The Red-Headed League” (featuring a client who sports a Masonic breastpin), and the suggestively titled “The Musgrave Ritual.”

In addition to the Sherlockian Secret Vault allegories there are several examples of the genre that many people have taken at face value, believing them true accounts. One, for example, is the tale of Swift's Lost Silver Mine of eastern Kentucky. In his alleged journal, one “Jonathan Swift” explored the region prior to Daniel Boone, marking a tree with “the symbols of a compasses, trowel and square"-Masonic emblems-and discovering and mining silver (which geologists doubt exists in the region). Leaving to seek backers, Swift says he stored the treasure in a cave and “walled it up with masonry form.” Later he became blind and unable to find his fabled treasure (although still capable of writing in his journal!). This evokes Masonic ritual wherein a candidate must enter the lodge in complete blindness (i.e. blindfolded) to begin his quest for enlightenment (Nickell 1980).

Another such lost-treasure story is found in the purported Beale Papers which tell a tale of adventure, unsolved ciphers, and fabulous treasure. This was “deposited” in a stone-lined “vault" (using language from the Select Masters' degree) in Virginia. The papers were published by a Freemason (Nickell 1982b).

Then there is the “restless coffins” enigma of the Chase Vault of Barbados. According to proliferating but historically dubious accounts, each time the vault was opened, between 1812 and 1820, the coffins were discovered in a state of confusion. After they were reordered the vault was closed by “masons.” Yet the coffins would again be found in disarray. At least two of the men involved were high-ranking Freemasons. In 1943 another restless-coffins case occurred on the island, this time specifically involving a party of Freemasons and the vault being that of the founder of Freemasonry in Barbados! (Nickell 1982a)

It now appears that another such tale is the legend of Oak Island, where again we find unmistakable evidence of Masonic involvement. There are, of course, the parallels between the Money Pit story and the Masonic Secret Vault allegory. The “strange markings” reportedly carved on the oak adjacent to the Pit suggest Masons' Marks, inscribed signs by which Masons are distinguished (Waite 1970, xx; Hunter 1996, 58). The three alleged discoverers of the Pit would seem to represent the Three Worthy Sojourners (with Daniel McInnis representing the Principal Sojourner), who discover the Secret Vault in the Royal Arch degree (Duncan 1972, 261). In that ritual the candidate is lowered on a rope through a succession of trap doors, not unlike the workmen who were on occasion hauled up and down the (allegedly platform-intersected) Oak Island shaft. The tools used by the latter-notably spades, pickaxes, and crowbar (O'Connor 1988, 2; Harris 1958, 15)-represent the three Working Tools of the Royal Arch Mason (Duncan 1972, 241). Indeed, when in 1803 workers probed the bottom of the Pit with a crowbar and struck what they thought was a treasure chest, their actions recall the Royal Arch degree in which the Secret Vault is located by a sounding blow from a crowbar (Duncan 1972, 263). The parallels go on and on. For example, the soft stone, charcoal, and clay found in the Pit (Crooker 1978, 24, 49) are consistent with the Chalk, Charcoal and Clay cited in the Masonic degree of Entered Apprentice as symbolizing the virtues of “freedom, fervency and zeal” (Lester 1977, 60; Hunter 1996, 37).

Then there are the artifacts. Of course many of these-like the old branding iron found in the swamp (Crooker 1993, 175, 176)-are probably nothing more than relics of the early settlers. Some are actually suspicious, like the links of gold chain found in the Pit in 1849. One account holds that they were planted by workers to inspire continued operations (O'Connor 1988, 177-178).

Other artifacts are more suggestive, like the cipher stone (again see figure 1) which disappeared about 1919. Its text has allegedly been preserved, albeit in various forms and decipherments (Rosenbaum 1973, 83). For instance zoologist-turned-epigrapher Barry Fell thought the inscription was ancient Coptic, its message urging people to remember God lest they perish (Finnan 1997, 148-149). In fact, the text as we have it has been correctly deciphered (and redeciphered by several investigators, me included). Written in what is known as a simple-substitution cipher, it reads, “Forty Feet Below Two Million Pounds Are Buried" (Crooker 1993, 23). Most Oak Island researchers consider the text a hoax (O'Connor 1988, 14), but as Crooker (1993, 24) observes, an inscribed stone did exist, “having been mentioned in all the early accounts of the Onslow company's expedition.” Significantly, a cipher message (with key), found in the Secret Vault, is a central aspect of Freemasonry's Royal Arch degree (Duncan 1972, 248-249).

Other artifacts (Finnan 1997, 67, 80, 83) that appear to have ritualistic significance are the stone triangle and great “Christian Cross” as well as “a handworked heart-shaped stone"-Masonic symbols all. Crooker (1993, 179) notes that “a large amount of time and labor” were spent in laying out the cross, but to what end? Could it have been part of a Masonic ritual?

An “old metal set-square” found at Smith's Cove may simply be an innocent artifact, but we recall that three small squares were among the items found in the Secret Vault (Duncan 1972, 243). Indeed, the square is one of the major symbols of Freemasonry which, united with a pair of compasses, comprises the universal Masonic emblem.

Explicitly Masonic, I believe, are certain inscribed stones on the island. These include one discovered at Joudrey's Cove by Gilbert Hedden in 1936. It features a cross flanked by the letter H, said to be a modification of the Hebraic letter for Jehovah, and a prime Masonic symbol known as a Point Within a Circle, representing mankind within the compass of God's creation (Morris n.d., 47; Finnan 1997, 66, 151). Another clearly Masonic stone is a granite boulder found near the Cave-in Pit in 1967. Overturned by a bulldozer it bore on its underside the letter “G” in a rectangle (what Masons term an oblong square). G denotes the Grand Geometer of the Universe-God, the central focus of Masonic teachings-and is “the most public and familiar of all symbols in Freemasonry," observes Mark Finnan (1997, 152). He continues: “The presence of this symbol on Oak Island and its location in the east, seen as the source of light in Masonic teachings, is further indication that individuals with a fundamental knowledge of Freemasonry were likely involved.”

Indeed, the search for the Oak Island treasure “vault” has been carried out largely by prominent Nova Scotia Freemasons. I had an intimation of this years ago, but it fell to others, especially Finnan who gained access to Masonic records, to provide the evidence. Freemasonry had come to Nova Scotia in 1738 and, concludes Finnan (1997, 145), “it is almost a certainty that organizers of the first coordinated dig . . . were Masonicly associated.” Moreover, he states: “Successive treasure hunts throughout the past two hundred years often involved men who were prominent members of Masonic lodges. Some had passed through the higher levels of initiation, and a few even held the highest office possible within the Fraternity.”

They include A. O. Creighton, the Oak Island Association treasurer who helped remove the cipher-inscribed stone from the island about 1865, and Frederick Blair, whose family was involved in the quest as far back as 1863. Blair, who formed the Oak Island Treasure Company in 1893, was a “prominent member” of the lodge in Amherst, Nova Scotia. Treasure hunter William Chappell was another active Mason, and his son Mel served as Provincial Grand Master for Nova Scotia from 1944 to 1946 (Finnan 1997, 145-146). Furthermore, discovered Finnan (1997, 146):

The independently wealthy Gilbert Hedden of Chatham, New Jersey, who carried out the treasure search from 1934 to 1938, and Professor Edwin Hamilton, who succeeded him and operated on the island for the next six years, were also Freemasons. Hamilton had at one time held the office of Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts. Hedden even made it his business to inform Mason King George VI of England about developments on Oak Island in 1939, and Hamilton corresponded with President [Franklin D.] Roosevelt, another famous Freemason directly associated with the mystery.
(Roosevelt actually participated in the work on Oak Island during the summer and fall of 1909.) Other Masonic notables involved in Oak Island were polar explorer Richard E. Byrd and actor John Wayne (Sora 1999, 12; Hamill and Gilbert 1998).

Significantly, Reginald Harris, who wrote the first comprehensive book on Oak Island at the behest of Frederick Blair, was an attorney for Blair and Hedden. Himself a thirty-third-degree Mason, Harris was provincial Grand Master from 1932 to 1935. Among his extensive papers were notes on Oak Island, scribbled on the backs of Masonic documents and sheets of Masonic letterhead. The papers show that at least one Oak Island business meeting was held in the Masonic Hall in Halifax, where Harris had an office as secretary of the Grand Lodge (O'Connor 1988, 93; Harris 1958, vii; Finnan 1997, 143; Rosenbaum 1973; 154).

One investigator, Ron Rosenbaum (1973, 154), discovered that among Harris's papers were “fragments of a Masonic pageant” that were apparently “designed to accompany the rite of initiation into the thirty-second degree of the Masonic Craft.” The allegory is set in 1535 at the Abbey of Glastonsbury, where the Prime Minister is attempting to confiscate the order's fabulous treasures. But one item, the chalice used at the Last Supper-the Holy Grail itself-is missing, and secret Masons are suspected of having hidden it for safekeeping. The allegory breaks off with them being led to the Tower for torture.

Given this draft allegory by Harris, it may not be a coincidence that some recent writers attempt to link the Holy Grail to Oak Island. They speculate that the fabled chalice is among the lost treasures of the Knights Templar, precursors of the Freemasons (Sora 1999, 180, 247-251).

In any event, the evidence indicates a strong Masonic connection to the Oak Island enigma. Others have noted this link but unfortunately also believed in an actual treasure of some sort concealed in a man-made shaft or tunnel (Crooker 1993; Finnan 1997; Sora 1999; Rosenbaum 1973). Only by understanding both pieces of the puzzle and fitting them together correctly can the Oak Island mystery finally be solved.

In summary, therefore, I suggest first that the “Money Pit” and “pirate tunnels” are nothing of the sort but are instead natural formations. Secondly, I suggest that much of the Oak Island saga-certain reported actions and alleged discoveries-can best be understood in light of Freemasonry's Secret Vault allegory. Although it is difficult to know at this juncture whether the Masonic elements were opportunistically added to an existing treasure quest or whether the entire affair was a Masonic creation from the outset, I believe the mystery has been solved. The solution is perhaps an unusual one but no more so than the saga of Oak Island itself.

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The pieces are coming together. I just now read this post/thread on T-Net for the first time. There is DEFINITELY something to this! I am NOT going into details (don't even ask me to now), but I found something at the Rich Mine during excavation that points to this being the case with the "Swift Silver Mine" legend!

I am not stating this for certain yet, but have good reason to believe that the Swift Silver Mines are pointing to something that is located at the "vault"! Of course, I will not know for certain until the "vault" is opened (which may take a while).

Persher Code
Posted Aug 14, 2007, 06:07:13 AM Quote
Why hasn't the LDM been located despite so many clues available as to it's whereabouts? Let's open our minds a wee bit about treasure and treasure stories. As you see from this message below (written several years ago by a well-known researcher), if the truth ever comes to light, the LDM and many other targets may have solutions hidden in plain sight, so to speak.

The persher code. That the Knight Templar invented this code to send messages back and forth during the crusades, is the stated purpose. It is not actually a code, but a style of writing where the true message is hidden within the obvious story being told. After the KT "went to sleep", persher was used in most of their writing. This continued right up through the early 20th century by the old Confederate Knights and is still being used today by authors wanting to record a message to those initiated and keep it secret from others who may read the story.

Many of the books about the Confederacy, old west and war history might be written in this style. If you pick up a newspaper from the 1870-1920s reporting weird or unbelievable stories, especially if they pertain to Lost mines or buried treasure, they are most likely written in persher. Take most of the Spanish treasure tales and analyze them carefully, looking for clues and you'll come away knowing they are coded.

In order to read between the lines you must already know what you are looking for or it willl just sound stupid or silly.

The Lost Adams Diggings is a prime example of persher. The true story is there but everyone takes it at face value. The first few lines of a later version of story, after the first newspaper mention in the 1890s introduces Gotch Ear the Mex-Ind that led them to the gold. If you are looking for the code and know that Jesse James was the Comptroller of the KGC the name would trigger you to think of JJ. Got-ch or Got yah! with the ear. Every serious JJ researcher ought to know that the Missouri Jesse James had a deformed ear. If you study a few different photos of him this is apparent. Note also that few of his photos show his right ear.

So that is persher. Adams had no front name was said by J. Frank Dobie in his version of the story. Of course any astute KGC researcher would know that Adams County, Mississippi was the HQ of the KGC as long as Gen. John A. Quitman was alive. It was from Ft. Adams in Adams County or Natchez that the first KGC agents were sent to California at the beginning of the gold rush in 1849. Jesse James father, also a KGC agent, went to the gold fields in 1850 to join up with other KGCs already there who were establishing KGC control there. Another conection with Adams county is Jacob Waltz, the original Dutchman of AZ LD fame, he also hung out in Adams County when the KGC was getting its feet on the ground. It might interest some of you to know that the Jacob Waltz's base of operations at a time was Adamsville, AZ and that it got its name from a man named Adams that had a grist mill on the Gila. Several other KGC treasure areas are at places named Adams. It goes on and on in this.

Much persher is used in dealing with the Lost Dutchman. Hmmmm! did you know there was a Dutchman with Adams? Does that make you wonder about anything? You do know the route Adams party took would have led them very close to the Superstitions. I know some of you will argue that point but if you read carefully Drago's version of the story, which is pure KGC persher, you will see I'm right on this. I won't go so far to tell you the Adam's deal is the same as the LD, but I'll hint that they may be connected

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions