KGC coded letters

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Did not know him, but the thread is still alive. I am glad he made it so I could add an authentic coded letter to it.:icon_thumright:

Well, here ye go, bein tha helpful considerate guy I am I'll bump it fer ye so ye don't have ta wait fer another 10 years.

Maybe that feller he was talkin to will come ta yer rescue. :icon_thumright:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That was the K.G.C.s intention. To make you think harder than the average bear. 99.9% of the population would not have applied themselves to the task. Here is one that is not in BB's books. It is the first code in a series of codes that were left for us on a K.G.C. / O.A.K. treasure trail that started at Julius Sterling Morton's final resting place. My suggestion to you is to not quit learning and keep up the good work!

View attachment 1684633

What does the part you're calling Morse Code say?

Kace

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
What does the part you're calling Morse Code say?

Kace

You tell me Kace! It is easy to see.:icon_thumleft:
Morse Code.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a couple true life examples of alleged KGC (or whomever these folks were) code somewhere in my boxes of old stuff - I'll see if I can find them and scan them. One is a Baconian coded letter given to me by my good old deceased mentor JW from Kansas - I can't remember the content offhand, but Baconian code is an interesting topic and a good way to hide things in plain sight.

The other is a nice fit to the idea of so-called "persher code" used by Poe and others - information hidden in the form of a narrative containing certain surnames, place names and/or a series of events that privileged folks recognize as important to them for some reason, but that the general public reads as ho-hum. Two meanings - one for those "in the know." This example is a local old newspaper article - an innocuous report of mining people in town to inspect a small up and coming mining district. These types of things were commonly found in the papers of the day in mining country. In this particular case, the article mentions a very minor, obscure and remote bunch of claims that, IMO, is coincidentally the exact site of an alleged coin meltdown operation following the 1933 Gold Act. I don't believe in coincidences, and although this alleged activity cannot be "documented" to Ol' Kentuck's standards, I can provide a mountain of circumstantial evidence that would likely arouse most peoples' curiosity.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the K.G.C.s intention. To make you think harder than the average bear. 99.9% of the population would not have applied themselves to the task. Here is one that is not in BB's books. It is the first code in a series of codes that were left for us on a K.G.C. / O.A.K. treasure trail that started at Julius Sterling Morton's final resting place. My suggestion to you is to not quit learning and keep up the good work!

View attachment 1684633

Where is the other pages with this letter. Nothing encoded in this letter page. He said he was enclosing a copy of the code with this letter. Do you have a copy of the code to be used? There is no Morriss Code in the letter only broken lines from faded ink.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Where is the other pages with this letter. Nothing encoded in this letter page. He said he was enclosing a copy of the code with this letter. Do you have a copy of the code to be used? There is no Morriss Code in the letter only broken lines from faded ink.

Exactly...That's why I asked what he thought the 'Morse Code' part said. I don't see any Morse Code either on that.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a couple true life examples of alleged KGC (or whomever these folks were) code somewhere in my boxes of old stuff - I'll see if I can find them and scan them. One is a Baconian coded letter given to me by my good old deceased mentor JW from Kansas - I can't remember the content offhand, but Baconian code is an interesting topic and a good way to hide things in plain sight.

The other is a nice fit to the idea of so-called "persher code" used by Poe and others - information hidden in the form of a narrative containing certain surnames, place names and/or a series of events that privileged folks recognize as important to them for some reason, but that the general public reads as ho-hum. Two meanings - one for those "in the know." This example is a local old newspaper article - an innocuous report of mining people in town to inspect a small up and coming mining district. These types of things were commonly found in the papers of the day in mining country. In this particular case, the article mentions a very minor, obscure and remote bunch of claims that, IMO, is coincidentally the exact site of an alleged coin meltdown operation following the 1933 Gold Act. I don't believe in coincidences, and although this alleged activity cannot be "documented" to Ol' Kentuck's standards, I can provide a mountain of circumstantial evidence that would likely arouse most peoples' curiosity.

I'd like to see that stuff....Especially the Baconian letter. I've seen the newspaper messages before.

I'm betting that a guy like Kentuck who is more the factual vs speculative on statements type will completely welcome what you've got to show....You said 'Allegedly' and 'Circumstantial'. I could be wrong, but I don't think so after reading what he's posted.

Kace

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other

Or YouTube videos. :laughing7:

Sounds interesting, Kace is right...since ye've already prequalified them as "alleged", and speculative, I have no problem with tha lack of documentation. I'm all ears, go for it.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Start with a D on the second line when you see it. Not the whole letter is coded. There are lines intentionally made incomplete to hide the morse better. There are some lines on each end of the message that is not code. Look for the easy letters first it will help. I have a better picture of the original that may help you guys with the faded parts. The dots and dashes are not uniform but still signify dots and dashes. The first word in the morse is "decode". Yes, Franklin, there was an index card full of numbers included in the jar with a coded lead cross and a skeleton key and this letter. When it was deciphered it led them to the first cache site in 1974.:icon_thumleft: It is where they found the next two lead pieces and they were given the Dog Star to guide them on.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds interesting, Kace is right...since ye've already prequalified them as "alleged", and speculative, I have no problem with tha lack of documentation. I'm all ears, go for it.

I'm not in the business of apologizing, but I'll make an exception - my "house files" don't include the documents I mentioned and now I'll need to search the bus (our packed-to-the-gills onsite storage unit), where I think they are. I quit my outlaw/James/KGC research years ago and "archived" it all.
bus.jpg
The bus

Until I can back up the claims I made in Post #28, I can offer a couple things. 1) Here's a site that explains the Baconian cypher in an OK manner: https://www.thonky.com/kryptos/baconian-cipher This type of cryptology was easier when all printing was hard copy and variations in typeface were more easily overlooked by the public.

2) The persher example essentially identifies my "suspect" - a guy who fits the mold of an "organization man." I've got a fair amount of info on this dude (and, interestingly, his daughter, who took over the business when he died). His name was Calvin Amory Stevens, once one of the ten richest men in America, whose fortune (other than the daughter's share) mysteriously disappeared. Anyone's opinion on this family and their associations would be welcomed - especially the notion that a woman might be a player in this "organization."
kate stevens fagan2.jpg

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, Sdc, interestin stuff. Lookin forward ta yer notes when ye find 'em. :icon_thumright:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
SD...No Worries Here....Just whenever you find them.

I like you're big filing bus! That's Pretty Cool.

Thanks for the links, interesting for sure...I'm a little bit familiar with the Kate Stevens and family story....That's a Big One!

Thanks Again!
Kace

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
SD...No Worries Here....Just whenever you find them.

I like you're big filing bus! That's Pretty Cool.

Thanks for the links, interesting for sure...I'm a little bit familiar with the Kate Stevens and family story....That's a Big One!

Thanks Again!
Kace

She was a very capable woman and had some intriguing partners (Colonel Victor Hugo Duras, American Vice-Consul at St. Petersburg, Russia) and husbands (her last one was an Egyptian prince). Her father's life was certainly nothing to sneeze at either.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
She was a very capable woman and had some intriguing partners (Colonel Victor Hugo Duras, American Vice-Consul at St. Petersburg, Russia) and husbands (her last one was an Egyptian prince). Her father's life was certainly nothing to sneeze at either.

In my opinion...By looking at the Women in some of these things, it's the right direction. You're only the second guy I've seen on here that's done this and many times it's the Woman who had the $$$ and controlled things. Still is today but puts the Man out front. Back in the days it was almost unheard of publicly for a woman to be in control of excessive holdings except in a few isolated well known families like Gloria Vanderbilt and Huguette Clark to name a couple others.

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread