ONLINE DIARY OF JOHN SURRATT

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gldhntr. This Diary of John Surratt's proves that the KGC was intricately involved in the plot to kidnap Lincoln, that Surratt knew John Wilkes Booth before the Civil War even started, that Surratt and Booth were Knights of the Golden Circle, and many more important historical facts that we were not taught in school. Anyone who wants to learn more about the KGC really should read this book.
Thank you,
~Texas Jay

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
I wonder whatever happened to the original diary? It seems to me that if the diary came to light whilst Mr. Surratt were still living, then the original journal could have been used as evidence against him and quite possibly may have led to his conviction for conspiracy. As it was, when Mr. Surratt was apprehended and brought to trial, he was found to be innocent of the charges and lived out his life as a free man.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi LAMAR. Our group has done some work trying to find answers to your excellent question. So far, we have not found out what happened to the original journal. Our research included reading the trial transcripts of John Surratt's trial. Actually, he was not found "Not Guilty" but the trial ended in a mistrial by "hung jury". At any rate, he was never put on trial again. My hunch is that, since I don't believe the KGC was ever mentioned during the trial, that this powerful organization had something to do with the "hung jury" and with Surratt never being tried again for the charges. Online trial transcripts:

Volume 1 - http://www.archive.org/details/trialofjohnhsurr01surr

Volume 2 - http://www.archive.org/details/trialofjohnhsurr02surr

~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
Wow, I'm amazed. A novel written by a famous novelist is used as proof of a KGC conspiracy.

Well I guess in 150 years when treasure hunters are searching for lost Kuwaiti gold in Iraq they will use the movie Three Kings to prove their theory the United States was there looking for it.

It is telling that the prosecutors didn't use the diary against him because they new it was a dime store novel. Of course a conspiracy theorist always has the out by saying the KGC got to the prosecutors and threatened them or they were actual KGC members.

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Im not sure about the millions hid by the KGC. I cant proove either way. But as far as the KGC being involved in the "hung jury". What about Mary Surratt? She sure dropped from the gallows. Did the KGC not feel like John Surratt was worth saving? She made history twice.... Lincoln conspiracy and first woman to hang by the US Government. John had resources to travel the world in his escape efforts. Mary just hung out at the house waiting for the army to come arrest her?????????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread