QUESTION?

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy and I have been following bent trees, buried metal, carvings in both trees and rocks for several months now....It has been great fun unraveling the trail of clues left behind....Yesterday we finally got two lines to cross.... we also found a new carving nearby....it is a diamond inside of a circle....Cant find this symbol anywhere in research....any help would be appreciated...Steve

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am by NO means a KGC expert. However, I am a quick learner and have studied a lot and asked SEVERAL questions since I found a hot KGC area last year and, what I believe to be some kind of a rock "vault". My "guess" would be that the diamond inside a circle means that "something" is inside a "circle". This might be a cache located inside a circular formation of rocks/trees or something similar. Also, you might even want to make a grid of the area from a topo map, as the circle you are looking for might be rather large and consist of landmarks in the area.

Again, I am by no means a KGC expert. However, this is how I would pursue the sign. I would start looking for other markers in the immediate area and see if they form a circle (a small one visible while in the field). If not, then I would map out all of the markers found on a topo and see if they form a larger circle. A lot of times, the markers forming the circle will have "lines" extending (maybe a pile of rocks or other markings). I would map these out (whether on a large or small scale) and search in the center of the circle of markers where these "lines" intersect. I have also heard that many of these KGC sites have smaller caches on or near the points on the outside of the circle (and usually a larger cache in the center, where these lines from the markers intersect).

This is only a "guess" on my part and how I would proceed. The truth may be much different however, as these KGC sites are really complicated and can stretch for miles. Good luck with your area/search! :icon_thumleft: It seems that you two are very close to something nice! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
stevesno

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swiftsearcher said:
I am by NO means a KGC expert. However, I am a quick learner and have studied a lot and asked SEVERAL questions since I found a hot KGC area last year and, what I believe to be some kind of a rock "vault". My "guess" would be that the diamond inside a circle means that "something" is inside a "circle". This might be a cache located inside a circular formation of rocks/trees or something similar. Also, you might even want to make a grid of the area from a topo map, as the circle you are looking for might be rather large and consist of landmarks in the area.

Again, I am by no means a KGC expert. However, this is how I would pursue the sign. I would start looking for other markers in the immediate area and see if they form a circle (a small one visible while in the field). If not, then I would map out all of the markers found on a topo and see if they form a larger circle. A lot of times, the markers forming the circle will have "lines" extending (maybe a pile of rocks or other markings). I would map these out (whether on a large or small scale) and search in the center of the circle of markers where these "lines" intersect. I have also heard that many of these KGC sites have smaller caches on or near the points on the outside of the circle (and usually a larger cache in the center, where these lines from the markers intersect).

This is only a "guess" on my part and how I would proceed. The truth may be much different however, as these KGC sites are really complicated and can stretch for miles. Good luck with your area/search! :icon_thumleft: It seems that you two are very close to something nice! :icon_sunny:
Thanks for your reply...I was thinking of the circle as an eye....Sometimes it's hard to get one thought out of your head....Clues did lead us to a circle of very old three trunked trees....with newer ones 30-50 years old planted nearby...When I saw this I was sure that whatever we were looking for would be in the center of the circle....Instead we found four more buried clues.....old stove parts, horseshoes, plowpoints, etc...with notches cut in them to shoot an azimuth....also clues to distance would be scratched in them....Gypsy determined that the R@ C Scratched in the metal stood for rod and chain.....this would give us the precise distance to the next clue. Thursday the lines that we found finally crossed . Nearby was carved a horizontal F and W. I think that the F stands for final...since this is the clue that caused two lines to cross...and the clue was pointing due West (W) just a guess....Now to the part that bothers me most. I have been deer hunting on this property since the mid 70's....Some clues are very old....others are NOT so old....But they were planted or buried to replace existing clues that are deteriorating. I am not considered a threat since I have been going there for so long, no one questions me coming or going. I think that I am going to knock on a door and ask the questions that I need to know. This persons family has been living at on this property for 4 generations......If someone has taken a oath to guard or protect something, who am I to go in and "steal" it. I would be no more than a common thief....on the other hand if the individual whom planted the clues is no longer among the living....and no one has taken his place....I consider it "Treasure"......I realize that I leave my self open to ridicule...and that's OK....I have seen, found, and followed clues that were put there for a purpose, exactly like in Brewers, and Roush's books....and not put there for a modern day scavenger hunt!....Steve

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, I do believe it is no coincidence that most/all of these large treasures are on Govt. property.

I stated my theory on this in another thread here. The short version is that I believe the inner circle of people in the KGC (and other secret societies) had a different agenda for these caches. Instead of a second Civil War, as they led the majority of members to believe these caches were to be used for, the real reason was for the upcoming NWO/Antichrist. This is why these caches are still guarded today and have not been dug up and used. After WWIII, when the world is in chaos, broke and hungry, the NWO/Antichrist will use these caches to make things better and gain power/respect (after taking care of the population with food, protection, false promises, etc.).

K

Kentucky Kache

swiftsearcher said:
Steve, I do believe it is no coincidence that most/all of these large treasures are on Govt. property.

I stated my theory on this in another thread here. The short version is that I believe the inner circle of people in the KGC (and other secret societies) had a different agenda for these caches. Instead of a second Civil War, as they led the majority of members to believe these caches were to be used for, the real reason was for the upcoming NWO/Antichrist. This is why these caches are still guarded today and have not been dug up and used. After WWIII, when the world is in chaos, broke and hungry, the NWO/Antichrist will use these caches to make things better and gain power/respect (after taking care of the population with food, protection, false promises, etc.).

Can you explain why you believe this? Maybe a pm.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also guess that the only way to interpret the sign precisely would be for one to be at the location and familiar with other signs in the area and the terrain as well? However, there are some "universal signs" - such as the one that led me to the area I am at now (meant to go around the bend hill). However, as you stated, to fully understand any treasure sign, I would guess one would have to have been on the hunt for a while. What I have done in the past is get a generalization of what different signs mean (probably what the original poster wanted here), then see how it fits to my area (especially since some signs have multiple meanings).

I am no treasure signs expert and have had to refer to Kenworthy books (great help btw), other books, the internet and others more knowledgeable than I. However, if one can get the general meanings of signs, then one can relate those meanings to his/her area I believe (and have done this myself). In fact, this is where I came up with the "answer" I gave the original poster - many books/info. state that something inside a circle means something is buried in a circle (of stones, trees, etc.). However, as the original poster stated, this meaning did not work in his area, so you are absolutely correct - to get the TRUE MEANING of a treasure sign, one must know the exact sign, where it is, how it is shaped, previous signs, the terrain, etc. etc. I guess this is why our hobby is referred to as Treasure Hunting and NOT Treasure Finding!? :wink:

OP
OP
stevesno

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stilldign said:
Steve,
The truth of the matter is this....there cannot, and will not,... be a proper interpretation without a photo of this sign being posted. And, therefore, the problem is obvious. Do you post a photo of the symbol and pray that nobody else is familiar with this site, or do you refuse to post the photo and let yourself run around in circles chasing these markers, getting nowhere? There can NEVER be a proper interpretation without seeing the actual sign. Verbal descriptions of a sign are insufficient if you want to know the meaning of any sign.
I understand where you are coming from.....and I agree to a point. I do appreciate your input. I have been advised that I may have already given away too much information.....So far we have had good results using both common sense and trial and error...Perhaps I asked for help too quick...When we are done following this trail...then we will post pic's in chronological order of all clues as we found them....Scott, thanks once again for your help...Steve

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

220px-Jacob_Thompson_-_Brady-Handy.jpg
Before he was Known as a K.G.C. spy he was the Secretary of the Interior for James Buchanan's cabinet. It was his job to set aside Federal lands that turned into Parks.
L.C. Baker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread