Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read Rebel's latest reply on swiftsearcher's "Vault" topic and decided to start this new topic where we can discuss anything about the activities and members of the Knights of the Golden Circle after the Civil War ended. This thread can include, but is not limited to, KGC members work in Mexico and other countries, their use of other uncontroversial secret societies to continue their work without being detected, possible KGC cache and depository locations, individual Knights and their lives after the War, and almost anything else you want to discuss that is or may be directly related to the KGC after the War.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

Attachments

• KGC-Brownwood.jpg
    KGC-Brownwood.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 7,613

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: THANKS, TJ! THAT "pic" looks like KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS... Roman Catholic
"secret society" descended from Knights of Christ in Spain, after Knight Templars were banned; SOME of whom joined Knights of Christ in Spain... SOME, who went to SCOTLAND, and eventually became SCOTTISH RITE FREEMASONS, and in the YORK RITE FREEMASONRY, became FREEMASONIC KNIGHTS TEMPLAR (NO "connection" to the ORIGINAL K.T.). :o I am not aware of KGC in "regalia" like that... COULD be wrong, tho. I HAVE seen where TEXAS, was a HOT-BED of KGC "activities"; POST- War Between the State, I think the KGC was incorporated with the LEAGUE OF THE SOUTH... NOT sure, tho. I think JJ, FJ, "Bloody Bill", et. al., were VERY ACTIVE in TEXAS... AND! MOST of the counties in TEXAS, are named after SCOTTISH RITE FREEMASON! Going across "the border"
into MEXICO, was NO "problem" for CSA/KGC "connected" ppl. :o;D :wink:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D it would be GREAT, if you guys in TEXAS could find those regalia in some "old/new shops", antiques shops, or estate sales "family history hand-me-downs"!
:icon_thumleft: Bro. Albert Pike was a "BIGGIE" in this KGC "drama"... Reb General in S.W. during the C.W.; Scottish Rite FreeMason, who re-wrote the S.R. rituals; "active KGC" in Nashville, Tenn; "active
KGC" in Toronto, Canada; PROBABLY a REBEL "spy"; etc., etc. ANYWAY... "google" things like KGC IN CANADA; CSA SPIES IN CANADA; There is/was KGC "treasure" outside of Toronto... why Canada? The BRIT gov't supported the CSA with a loan of BRIT $$$$$$$$$$, and CANADA is/was "BRIT"; so was/is BERMUDA! ;D :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :read2:

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D it would be GREAT, if you guys in TEXAS could find those regalia in some "old/new shops", antiques shops, or estate sales "family history hand-me-downs"!
:icon_thumleft: Bro. Albert Pike was a "BIGGIE" in this KGC "drama"... Reb General in SW. during the C.W.; Scottish Rite FreeMason, who re-wrote the S.R. rituals; "active KGC" in Nashville, Tenn; "active"
KGC" in Toronto, Canada; PROBABLY a REBEL "spy"; etc., etc. ANYWAY... "google" things like KGC IN CANADA; CSA SPIES IN CANADA; There is/was KGC "treasure" outside of Toronto... why Canada? The BRIT gov't supported the CSA with a loan of BRIT $$$$$$$$$$, and CANADA is/was "BRIT"; so was/is BERMUDA! ;D :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :read2:

I'm working on some graphic comparisons with the photograph Jay posted above. Hang on.

Gary

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
Rebel - KGC said:
:icon_thumleft: THANKS, Gary! :icon_thumleft:

Collar styles(???): http://www.shootingstarhistory.com/library/shirt.html

Here is what seems to be revealed from a closer examination. If this photograph is of the KGC then I'd get on the Internet to locate the sword from the inset graphic shown. It has to be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars at least. That would be a treasure! Gary

Attachments

• KGC 13Freemasons.jpg
    KGC 13Freemasons.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 8,366

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: Gary... the guy on the right is a FreeMasonic Knight Templar, due to the "SKULL & CROSS BONES" on apron, which modern day KT (FreeMasons ) use. KGC could have used 'em also... just don't know... I HAVE seen some KGC rituals & "Castle"; they DO look like FM Knights Templar &
Knights of Columbus... will try to find THAT in my R & I File. ;D :icon_thumleft:

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
... I HAVE seen some KGC rituals & "Castle"; they DO look like FM Knights Templar & Knights of Columbus... will try to find THAT in my R & I File. ;D :icon_thumleft:

In the search for truth and what is what please do post or send what you have. Clues can come from anywhere. How can I get a copy of whatever it is you have which is so revealing? [email protected]

Gary

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
KGC History of Secession, 1862

Attachments

• KGC History of Secession 1862.jpg
    KGC History of Secession 1862.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 3,679

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Knights of Columbus has a very similar sword. The hats are also similar. I have my fathers hat and sword, and sash. It isn't old, as a relic but probably late 60's.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rebel and members. Thanks, guys, for getting this thread off to a great start. The photograph I posted is, I firmly believe the only known photograph of a group of KGC members in their uniforms. Henry Ford was a Presbyterian so that would have excluded him from being a Knight of Columbus. My photograph is from a copy of the original that was found by Henry Ford's great grandson several years ago before he suddenly died after receiving a death threat shortly before. The photo attached to this message came from the Brownwood Bulletin newspaper and shows Henry Ford standing outside his bank building sometime after it was built in 1876.
~Texas Jay

Attachments

• newspaper4-reduced.jpg
    newspaper4-reduced.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 4,883

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
The photograph I posted is, I firmly believe the only known photograph of a group of KGC members in their uniforms. Henry Ford was a Presbyterian so that would have excluded him from being a Knight of Columbus. My photograph is from a copy of the original that was found by Henry Ford's great grandson several years ago before he suddenly died after receiving a death threat shortly before. The photo attached to this message came from the Brownwood Bulletin newspaper and shows Henry Ford standing outside his bank building sometime after it was built in 1876. ~Texas Jay

Jay, I want to be a believer. If you're pretty sure the above is a KGC photograph then howabout associated proof and I'll take anything. (This would put Templars, Medieval KTs, etc. into place with the ideas of gold caches.) Could Ford have gotten it from anybody or is there any writing on the back or...

Gary

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gary. Henry Ford II (HF's grgrandson) found the original photograph hanging right here in Brownwood's Brown County Museum of History. Henry II was extremely knowledgeable about his grgrandfather, the KGC, the Masons, and as a kid had even been in one of the KGC tunnels that lay under downtown Brownwood. Our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery files, message archives, photos, and links contain the largest collection of information about Henry Ford, known also as the "Mystery Man of Brownwood" available anywhere. Henry Ford was Bloody Bill Anderson's closest confidant in Brown County, Texas after the War. As far as proof goes, beyond this, I really don't know where to begin except to advise you to ask specific questions on our group's message board and then I can know which pieces of information to search for there. We do know that Frank James came to town upon Henry Ford's death and told everyone that if anyone placed a marker on his grave, that he would come back and "blow it to Kingdom Come!". We also know that Cole Younger, when he came to Brownwood, called Ford by his first name so obviously he knew him quite well from the War in Missouri.
~Texas Jay

Attachments

• HenryFord1.jpg
    HenryFord1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3,712
  • HenryFord1.jpg
    HenryFord1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3,345

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
Texas Jay said:
Hi Gary. Henry Ford II (HF's grgrandson) found the original photograph hanging right here in Brownwood's Brown County Museum of History. Henry II was extremely knowledgeable about his grgrandfather, the KGC, the Masons, and as a kid had even been in one of the KGC tunnels that lay under downtown Brownwood. Our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery files, message archives, photos, and links contain the largest collection of information about Henry Ford, known also as the "Mystery Man of Brownwood" available anywhere. Henry Ford was Bloody Bill Anderson's closest confidant in Brown County, Texas after the War. As far as proof goes, beyond this, I really don't know where to begin except to advise you to ask specific questions on our group's message board and then I can know which pieces of information to search for there. We do know that Frank James came to town upon Henry Ford's death and told everyone that if anyone placed a marker on his grave, that he would come back and "blow it to Kingdom Come!". We also know that Cole Younger, when he came to Brownwood, called Ford by his first name so obviously he knew him quite well from the War in Missouri. ~Texas Jay

Jay,

I copied and put this into my personal research file on the KGC. Freemasons were probably found among the KGC but at this point not exactly believing they were majority membership.

Gary

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: Gary, the book, you "posted" is also one I'm looking into... ANOTHER book is NARRATIVE OF EDMUND WRIGHT: THE ADVENTURES WITH, AND ESCAPE FROM THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN
CIRCLE. It has a "pic" of the interior of the Castle/Lodge, and the "hanging" of a guy (may be a "ritual murder", similar to 3rd Degree, Blue Lodge FreeMasons... DUNNO). NOW! In the "pic" (drawing), has the "Master", looking like King Solomon; MEMBERS of the Castle/Lodge, look like they are wearing fez-like hats and clothed like typical "military uniforms" of the C.W., Grayish in "color" (light in a Black/White "drawing"). On the wall, is the skull/cross bones between two quarter moons (facing each other). SO! They COULD have been wearing aprons with Skull & Bones. Will look for the KGC 2nd degree ritual, in my R & I File... LATER! :wink:

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gary. From my thorough research in this area of Texas, I find that most of the former Quantrill's Guerrillas (KGC) that lived here after the War were indeed Freemasons as well including Henry Ford, Jason W. James (first cousin of Jesse and Frank), and Charles M. Webb. I highly recommend a book called "Freemasonry in Brownwood" by Donovan Duncan Tidwell which documents the members of the Brownwood Lodge in the years following the Civil War and their rank. You can use the title of the book as keywords in a messages search of our group's Messages Archives to retrieve and read important quotes from that book that I posted a few years ago.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

Attached photo is of a state historical marker located next to Henry Ford's grave at Greenleaf Cemetery in Brownwood that I took last year.

Attachments

• HenryFordmarker-reduced.jpg
    HenryFordmarker-reduced.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 3,644

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: OK, found the info... It is the FIRST DEGREE, not the SECOND; KGC ByLaws & FIRST Degree (MILITARY) from the CASTROVILLE CASTLE. "Google" BYLAWS OF THE CASTROVILLE CASTLE OF THE KGC ;D :wink: Then... "Google" MILITARY DEGREE (SHOULD be on the SAME page of Digital Library - Schreiner Edu.). 13 pages for the MILITARY Degree; there were THREE degrees, that I know of; don't have copies of TWO. The By-Laws were 3 pages; names are mentioned! ;D :icon_thumleft: :wink:

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
SWR,

I have been in e-mail correspondence with the KTs and told they know nothing of the Knights of the Golden Circle. I've also found a Freemasons' list of every American fraternity (very complete) but there was conspicuously missing reference of the KGC :icon_scratch:.

Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread