The Jesse James KGC Connection on History Channel

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The Jesse James Connection

SWR said:
GoodyGuy said:
Well I just viewed the History channel's program about the treasures of Jesse James and found it to be quite interesting and provocative.

The KGC connection seemed to be unmistakable and undeniable. Seems like history's account of Jesse James death may have to have another look as well.

GG~

Unmistakable and undeniable?
We must not have watched the same show. These are the same theories that have been hashed out for years by the Jesse James / KGC conspiracy theorists.

Seems to me like they presented more evidence for the KGC connection than the naysayers have against it.
I will view it again later to see if I missed something. :icon_scratch:

GG~

* After reviewing the program, I will, in deference to SWR, change my choice of words to:

"The KGC connection seemed to be remarkable and compelling."

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: Just watched it, myself; probably will be a DVD in a few days on history.com/shop.
SWR, oh ye of LITTLE faith, tunnel-vision, selective reading of selective history. How childish of ye...
:D :wink:

C

Cappy Z.

Actually SWR I thought all told it was a good story...until..the rather "Gee..is that a gold bar? Hmm?"

I myself would have jumped as high as the tree...

Then the 'end'..(lol) "we need funding..." I almost choked on my popcorn.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D Wasn't JUST the "funding"... WINTER is approaching; MAY be a HARD, COLD, BRUTAL WINTER;
DUNNO. :dontknow: :coffee2:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Some good shots of carvings and interesting history .
Ending :
BULL ! I have moved more dirt and then tons of rock in my back yard with the help of my 8 year old
grandson with hand tools and a farm tractor ... Just to landscape !!
That little 'hoptoad' could turn over the world if they wanted to work it instead of generating another
TV show .
I felt that I could have spent my time better watching 2 episodes of NCIS on another channel .

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder when the show was taped? ........perhaps last year?

GG~

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was a very good show. Leaves a lot of questions to be answered. I'd still like to know what was under that hill at the end of the show.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
While I always like to see stuff on Jessie James, I as a member of the James family, think bob ford did kill Jessie that day. However, there will always be speculation in regards to the KGC. Maybe one day we will all know the truth. And as the saying goes..."come ride with us"

Matt James
(aka) swiftfan

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swiftfan said:
While I always like to see stuff on Jessie James, I as a member of the James family, think bob ford did kill Jessie that day. However, there will always be speculation in regards to the KGC. Maybe one day we will all know the truth. And as the saying goes..."come ride with us"

Matt James
(aka) swiftfan
What he said, Matt James of the James Family.

HH
TnMtns

tonytygr

Apr 26, 2007
birmingham al
Detector(s) used
whites 6000d coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought it was a great show. Yes I would have jumped about 10 feet high when I uncovered the mason jar cache and the gold bar! Also I thought the facial recognition technology was pretty amazing. The "dirty little coward" Bob Ford caught a lot of grief over the assasination, wouldn't he have confessed it wasn't really Jesse?

Tygr

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I enjoyed the program but thought the ending was unrealistic.
How many of us would dig down to within 8' of a target....and then just leave it?
It ain't happening!

Timberwolf

Tau44

Nov 10, 2009
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Xterra 705
I watched the show and part was believeable and parts were far fetched. my question is? Was there Sentinels out there guarding large caches of gold and coins? We know Jesse james robbed a ton of banks. what happened to all his loot. Has very much of it been found? if not it still has to be out there. in that time period a lot of people buried there money instead of putting it in the banks because they didn't trust banks.

but is the sentinels part true? wasn't there such a thing as the KGC.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question for you all---What was the reference to the "Paw Paws" in the show? I didn't get in on the first part of the show, but my mom did and was asking me about that part. Was this some kind of political group that had connections to the KGC?
I really liked the show, though it did leave a lot unfinished. When I hit the info on my remote for the show it said it was a "Series/Special", so I guess there will be more of these?
sandcreek

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi sandcreek. The Paw Paw Militia was mentioned once during the program that I recall in a quote from a book about the War. The Paw Paws were supposed to be Union soldiers but many of them in Missouri were also Knights of the Golden Circle. The Paw Paws were often Southern men who were forced to join the Missouri (Union) militias and were often accused of being friendly to the Confederate Guerrillas in that state.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any one missed the show it will come on again Saturday 5 pm est.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: THANKS, TP; will check my "local listings", and watch it again. ALSO "posted"
on TN by location - KANSAS "child-board"... wanna see a dig cam "pic" of the ciphers on THE WALL.
:icon_thumleft: :coffee2: (WASSAIL!) :read2:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pointed out something on the other thread on this subject and no one responded. So, I'll ask again. Didn't anyone else notice that large, triangle-shaped rock that the diggers placed the bits and pieces of the rusted jar lid on? It looked to be about 12" to 15" on a side and was covered in a layer of fresh soil.

A "Pointer stone"??????? and they moved it from the hole. But, I suppose if Pastore is as smart as he thinks he is, maybe it was a convienently "ignored find".

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Timberwolf said:
I enjoyed the program but thought the ending was unrealistic.
How many of us would dig down to within 8' of a target....and then just leave it?
It ain't happening!

Timberwolf
No kidding, stop at 8 ft. WHAT THE..Get the dynamite out !!

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Jay said:
Hi sandcreek. The Paw Paw Militia was mentioned once during the program that I recall in a quote from a book about the War. The Paw Paws were supposed to be Union soldiers but many of them in Missouri were also Knights of the Golden Circle. The Paw Paws were often Southern men who were forced to join the Missouri (Union) militias and were often accused of being friendly to the Confederate Guerrillas in that state.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery
Thanks Texas Jay! :thumbsup:
regards,
sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions