Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: History Channel Story On Jesse James, KGC, And Found Coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    6361 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: History Channel Story On Jesse James, KGC, And Found Coins

Quote Originally Posted by okietreasurehunter
    Jeff, you might take note that Alec spent time working with Pastore on the site shown in the tv show. I would think that would give him some creedance in what he has to say. I would also think that calling someone an idiot isn't nearly as offensive as allowing someone to post tnet user's real names on open forums without their permission. If you will read the threads under the kgc forum you will find this has happened yet I don't see where you have jumped in there to say anything about it. It does seem you are being a bit biased. Just my humble opinion.
    I Can't Just take for granted one is Offended by being called their real Names. IF One is Offended They can hit Report to Moderator
    & report the post.

IF I see somone being called a "Liar" I Can
    take for granted that is Offesive. But Most people
    Like their own Names.

Mar 2003
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    Quote Originally Posted by alec
    Problem I Have is Calling somone a known fraud and con man.
    Without Providing a Police report or Court records to Prove
    a Conviction for Fraud.

Especially when it comes from somone who
    spent their time saying The KGC or other treasures are Fake

And Somone finds something to prove them Wrong.

it then "appears" like embarrasment or jealousy is involved
    whether it is on not.
    Did I not word what I wrote correctly? I said that Pastore was using the information FROM a known fraund and con man, Orvus Howk. If you have done any research on Howk at all you can find newspaper articles that report this, there are court documents where he has sued and been sued that refer to his fraudulent endeavors. Howk was definitely a con man, selling what ever information he could make up just to make a buck.

The fact that I don't believe in the KGC treasure myths has nothing to do with Howk's credibility, it is documented if anyone cared to take the time to research it. The beleivers in the KGC mega-bucks depositories like to rely on Howk's info but refuse to research the man or his info.

And I would beg to differ with you on your assumption that someone found something left by the KGC and proved me wrong. Pastore didn't find anything left by the KGC, there's no proof JJ or the KGC was ever on the property where he made his so called recovery and I have not been proven wrong. You have chosen to draw conclusions about something you don't have all of the information on. Apparently you are a believer in the KGC myths and have taken offense at my beliefs.
    I Read that part wrong Alec,
    However You also said:

"Pastore is an idiot that doens't know anything about treasure hunting except what he makes up or steals from other people."

Not sure The word "Idiot" Should Be used Considering you
    are Talking about a Particular person

and "steals from other people" is definately pushing it.

are you claiming you believe all the carvings are fake also ?
    That they spent all that time Carving Stone just to
    Perpetrate a Hoax ?

No I know very Little on the KGC Not my area
    But it always Upsets me When anyone
    is so quick to put somone down for Believing in treasures
    on a Treasure Hunting site.

Questioning things to a point actually Help
    do better research, But those who Demand they are right & Treasure Hunters
    are "Idiots" Are of No Help.

I Hope this explains My attitude.
    Unlike the majority if not all of the other people on this forum I happen to have personal experience with Mr. Pastore. Because of this I think my opinions and descriptions are valid.

I don't know that I have ever demanded that I was right about anything. My reasons for posting on this and other forums is to get and give information. I have made my stance on the KGC very clear and I have also made my reasons for posting about the KGC very clear. There are two sides to the story and anyone wanting to search for the alleged KGC depositories needs to know that there are two sides so they can do their own research and draw their own conclusions.

As far as the carvings on that particular location are concerned, They are real. There is a lot of grafitti but there are several actual treasure related carvings including several maps. By his own admission Mr. Pastore can't interpret the symbols and I personally witnessed him walking by and ignoring carved maps (because he didn't know what they were) at that very same location because he doesn't have a clue about what he is doing.

I'm not guessing at what I am talking about. I have researched the property and the area history extensively, I have spent a lot of time with the family that owns the property and I have spent time on the property and I can put to rest, and have, a lot of the things Mr. Pastore said concerning the other mason jars found during his TV show. He, like several other KGC believers conveniently left out a lot of information that would have proven him wrong but that wouldn't have been good TV.

Would Pastore perpetrate a hoax just to get noticed? In a heartbeat!!

It's not what you look at but what you see

us
    Jun 2009
    Oklahoma
    Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by okietreasurehunter
    Jeff, you might take note that Alec spent time working with Pastore on the site shown in the tv show. I would think that would give him some creedance in what he has to say. I would also think that calling someone an idiot isn't nearly as offensive as allowing someone to post tnet user's real names on open forums without their permission. If you will read the threads under the kgc forum you will find this has happened yet I don't see where you have jumped in there to say anything about it. It does seem you are being a bit biased. Just my humble opinion.
    I Can't Just take for granted one is Offended by being called their real Names. IF One is Offended They can hit Report to Moderator
    & report the post.

IF I see somone being called a "Liar" I Can
    take for granted that is Offesive. But Most people
    Like their own Names.
    I am sure we all enjoy our real names but the point is that what right does someone have to post someone else name and personal information? There are issues like identity theft, possible home invasion. Calling someone a "idiot" is near as bad as contributing to the possible physical harm of someones life. Sticks and stones right? If you let words hurt you then you need to get thicker skin.

us
    Oct 2004
    South Central Oklahoma
    TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
    30 times

You are right about using the moderate button, but I would think most people wouldn't like their real names used on an open forum do to identity theft. That is my only beef with it being used without my permission. I like my name just fine, but I also like being the only one using it not the whole country of Nigeria.
    http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky
    ok, there is SOMETHING very STRANGE going on here with this WHOLE subject/topic/thread...

All I'm sayin'

It doesn't smell right.

there is influence being exercised.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poof.jpg 
Views:	2269 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	371921  

us
    Oct 2004
    South Central Oklahoma
    30 times

Back to the thread..... While it was an entertaining show it raised more questions than it answered. It left me a little disappointed in the History Channel as most of the show was mere speculation with nothing for proof that could be verified. I'm betting that they won't be working with Mr. Pastore in the future though. I'd also lay money on the fact nothing close to a KGC vault will be recovered at the spot they were digging.

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 250
    46 times

Jealousy? I don't think that has anything to do with it. Pastore is an idiot that doens't know anything about treasure hunting except what he makes up or steals from other people.

The so called treasures were planted and that should be very obvious to everyone. He was using the information from a known fraud and con man as his "facts" on Jesse James and just about everything he said about the property he was on is untrue.

Add in the fact he apparently couldn't run a gpr to save his life, or a metal detector for that matter, and the whole thing turns into a sham of gigantic proportions.
    Will You Please Report Every Post that Says this ?
    attacking People on TreasureNet is Against Our Rules.

THANK YOU !
    JEFF
    Thank you, Jeff. Your mailbox may be full with all the insulting and derogatory messages aimed at me recently...just for believing what I believe. And, yes, I do believe the Pastore finds are authentic KGC.
    ~Texas Jay

us
    Oct 2004
    South Central Oklahoma
    30 times

or his mailbox may be full of all the things you've said about other people Jay.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    6361 times

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jay
    Jealousy? I don't think that has anything to do with it. Pastore is an idiot that doens't know anything about treasure hunting except what he makes up or steals from other people.

The so called treasures were planted and that should be very obvious to everyone. He was using the information from a known fraud and con man as his "facts" on Jesse James and just about everything he said about the property he was on is untrue.

Add in the fact he apparently couldn't run a gpr to save his life, or a metal detector for that matter, and the whole thing turns into a sham of gigantic proportions.

THANK YOU !
    JEFF
    Thank you, Jeff. Your mailbox may be full with all the insulting and derogatory messages aimed at me recently...just for believing what I believe. And, yes, I do believe the Pastore finds are authentic KGC.
    ~Texas Jay
    not a word till now Jay

guess I opened a worm Hole with My Comments
    but in My opinion YES Believers in Treasure
    Do get Priority over Naysayers With me Simply
    because this is a treasure Hunting site.
    And Especially if the Naysayers overdo it
    by making accusations.

Treasure Hunters don't need to Prove anything they feel
    they need to keep under their Hats.

Naysayers need to prove Negatives .
    Crosse De Sign likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    6361 times

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky
    ok, there is SOMETHING very STRANGE going on here with this WHOLE subject/topic/thread...

All I'm sayin'

It doesn't smell right.

there is influence being exercised.....

Lot of "coincidences", posts disappearing, stuff like that..
    nothing disappearing that is on subject

Mar 2003
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jay

THANK YOU !
    JEFF
    ~Texas Jay
    not a word till now Jay

guess I opened a worm Hole with My Comments
    but in My opinion YES Believers in Treasure
    Do get Priority over Naysayers With me Simply
    because this is a treasure Hunting site.
    And Especially if the Naysayers overdo it
    by making accusations.

Treasure Hunters don't need to Prove anything they feel
    they need to keep under their Hats.

Naysayers need to prove Negatives .
    You're kidding me right? Me, a naysayer against treasure? Come on Jeff, I write for a treasure hunting blog, http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/, I treasure hunt myself and am getting ready to start doing it on a full time basis next month. I'm a long way from being a naysayer. I just don't agree with certain things about the KGC and that shouldn't make me a naysayer, just somebody that does research.

Naysayers need to prove negatives? I've been putting up proof for a long time now but apparently it goes ignored. I think the ones that need to prove something are the ones making the outrageous claims that CAN"T be proven. I and others have put up more information than you can imagine on why the KGC depositories don't/can't exist but NOBODY, THAT'S NOBODY has put up any proof that they do exist but that is apparently OK with you. Hmmmmm.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    6361 times

You're kidding me right? Me, a naysayer against treasure? Come on Jeff, I write for a treasure hunting blog, http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/, I treasure hunt myself and am getting ready to start doing it on a full time basis next month. I'm a long way from being a naysayer. I just don't agree with certain things about the KGC and that shouldn't make me a naysayer, just somebody that does research.

Naysayers need to prove negatives? I've been putting up proof for a long time now but apparently it goes ignored. I think the ones that need to prove something are the ones making the outrageous claims that CAN"T be proven. I and others have put up more information than you can imagine on why the KGC depositories don't/can't exist but NOBODY, THAT'S NOBODY has put up any proof that they do exist but that is apparently OK with you. Hmmmmm.
    Alec your a Treasure hunter, That's fine.
    I stand by my statement for those who seem to

& don't seem to believe in anything.

Mar 2003
    5 times

Jeff, you have me a little confused.

It appeared that you were aiming you comments at me but now you aren't? It would be my opinion that some of the true believers are here for the same reason as those you are calling naysayers.

Forums are for discussion and I would agree with you that if a treasure hunter has some information they don't want to share there is no reason to share it but you seemed to have specifically picked on the individuals that don't believe in the KGC mega-bucks depositories. I would say that with our research, our side of the discussion is just as valid (actually more valid) than those of the believers. To say we need to put up proof but others don't seems to be one sided at best, especially since the proof has been put up for all to see.

Am I reading what you are saying wrong?

us
    Jun 2009
    Oklahoma
    Bounty Hunter

Alec your a Treasure hunter, That's fine.
    I stand by my statement for those who seem to

& don't seem to believe in anything.

I want to start out by saying that Okie and ALec are two of the most helpful and friendliest people I know on here.
    Now with that said.
    This is a forum and regardless if you agree with me or not, this is overall a place to share ideas and views. If I disagree with someone this is still a place to do that. I havent read one time where someone said hey your treasure is bogus. I have seen where people tried debating history in itself. I think if you are trying to rewrite history then you should show proof. or if you say someone is wrong you should back that up with proof if you want to have credibility amongst your peers and yes we all share treasure hunting interest and that makes us peers.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    6361 times

Jeff, you have me a little confused.

It appeared that you were aiming you comments at me but now you aren't? It would be my opinion that some of the true believers are here for the same reason as those you are calling naysayers.

Forums are for discussion and I would agree with you that if a treasure hunter has some information they don't want to share there is no reason to share it but you seemed to have specifically picked on the individuals that don't believe in the KGC mega-bucks depositories. I would say that with our research, our side of the discussion is just as valid (actually more valid) than those of the believers. To say we need to put up proof but others don't seems to be one sided at best, especially since the proof has been put up for all to see.

Am I reading what you are saying wrong?
    This post is about the KGC Show so I tried to
    stay as close to that as possable.

I Do Believe your comments on the Treasure should be welcome
    Because you apparently do know what your Talking about.

I Still Don't want you to Put anyone down.
    This is where I Had my Problem with your Comments.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors