History Channel Story On Jesse James, KGC, And Found Coins

cccalco

Jul 16, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
This link was sent to me so I thought I would share it here. Once again the History Channel has offered up an episode dealing with the Knights of the Golden Circle.

America's Book of Secrets: Lost Treasures (44:09) TV-PG

American treasure hunters are convinced that there are missing fortunes scattered all around the country just waiting to be found.

America's Book Of Secrets ? Full Episodes & Video Online ? H2 on History.com

cccalco

Jul 16, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Stephanie Lawton is a writer of period romances who has included the KGC in her most recent novel "Shrapnel". The following is from her blog where you can see that she is very excited to see the recent History Channel take on Lost Treasure and the KGC.

Shrapnelā€˜s Knights of the Golden Circle surface again in Mobile, AL
Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013
Posted by Stephanie Lawton

Iā€™m a history nerd.

Thatā€™s why I based much of SHRAPNEL on real groups and historical events in and around Mobile, Alabama. One of those groups is the Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC), a group of Confederate sympathizers whose job it was to protect the alleged Confederate gold and smuggle it to safety, where the Union couldnā€™t get it.

Although common theory is that the gold went west after traveling from Virginia to Georgia, no one knows how and if it got there.

I proposed that it could have gone through Mobile since itā€™s a port city, it was low on the Unionā€™s priority list and there were a number of forts in the region.

The KGC was recently featured again on The History Channelā€™s program, Americaā€™s Book of Secrets. It features Sonny Brewer and Warren Getler, authors of REBEL GOLD, the book I mainly used for research when writing SHRAPNEL.

[View the complete episode here.]
America's Book Of Secrets ? America's Book of Secrets: Lost Treasures ? Full Episodes & Video Online ? H2 on History.com

Hereā€™s the kicker and the reason Iā€™m mentioning the KGC again: At about 6:34 in the video, thereā€™s a map with specific points on it that allegedly indicate locations of Confederate gold.

Yep, thatā€™s Mobile starred in the center
http://clumzbella.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/book-of-secrets-map1.jpg?w=529

Tags Alabama, Confederate gold, Confederate treasure, Evernight Teen, KGC, Knights of the Golden Circle, Mobile, Rebel gold, shrapnel, Stephanie Lawton
Shrapnel?s Knights of the Golden Circle surface again in Mobile, AL | Stephanie Lawton

The Knights of the Golden Circle Research and Historical Archives
Knights_of_the_Golden_Circle : Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC)
The Knights of the Golden Circle
Home - Knights of the Golden Circle

cccalco

Jul 16, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a new video on youtube called "The Filibustering Knights of the Golden Circle". It's standard fare of that sort and if you view it at all you'll see suggestions for more of the same. If you see one that's really interesting to you let us know.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There is a new video on youtube called "The Filibustering Knights of the Golden Circle". It's standard fare of that sort and if you view it at all you'll see suggestions for more of the same. If you see one that's really interesting to you let us know.

THANKS! I knew Texas was the "biggie" for KGC "activities"; now, I know why.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread