History Channel Story On Jesse James, KGC, And Found Coins

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Was just wondering if anyone saw the show about Jesse James and the KGC where they found some gold and silver coins at one spot that were from around 1880-1890, and another spot where they found a small gold bar. Show ended abruptly when the were focusing in on a large object, Saying it was the weather and funding that the lost. Also noticed some of the people on the team had badges and carried weapons. Could they be from the Treasury Dept. The James Brothers had always sparked my intrest since it is documented that my great, great grandmother had a fling with Frank (Rodgers) James in Kansas around the 1870's

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only saw the First Half till they
found the Broken Mason Jar & Silver Dollar Cache.

cool show wish I Had been able to Watch the Rest

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
The show makes for great TV but almost nothing in it was true. No, the guys aren't from the Treasury Dept., they are just trying to look cool for the show. You might want to take a look at the other threads Digginthe past posted.

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
alec said:
The show makes for great TV but almost nothing in it was true. No, the guys aren't from the Treasury Dept., they are just trying to look cool for the show. You might want to take a look at the other threads Digginthe past posted.
I did thats why I am not posting on this thread any more. Thanks for all the info.

DWD

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alec said:

What do you mean Is Jealousy Causing somone
to say it's Not real ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alec said:
Jealousy? I don't think that has anything to do with it. Pastore is an idiot that doens't know anything about treasure hunting except what he makes up or steals from other people.

The so called treasures were planted and that should be very obvious to everyone. He was using the information from a known fraud and con man as his "facts" on Jesse James and just about everything he said about the property he was on is untrue.

Add in the fact he apparently couldn't run a gpr to save his life, or a metal detector for that matter, and the whole thing turns into a sham of gigantic proportions.

Will You Please Report Every Post that Says this ?
attacking People on TreasureNet is Against Our Rules.

THANK YOU !
JEFF

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Well Jeff, you can start by checking all of my posts on the different strings about the TV show. I'm pretty adamant about how I feel, what I know and what I saw.

My apologies if I broke any rules but I was just callin it as I saw it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem I Have is Calling somone a known fraud and con man.
Without Providing a Police report or Court records to Prove
a Conviction for Fraud.

Especially when it comes from somone who
spent their time saying The KGC or other treasures are Fake

And Somone finds something to prove them Wrong.

it then "appears" like embarrasment or jealousy is involved
whether it is on not.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree the Gun Bit was Grandstanding & Overkill

& The getting signals & Not digging on the spot Was
Lame Grandstanding at Best.

& Suspect

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My knowledge of the subject is minimal but I found the show to be entertaining.

That said, I found that the guns and badges made a mockery of what they were doing. While they did loose their credibility with me (not that they would or should care) I'd be willing to bet that someone saw the show and thought about getting involved on a financial level. Who knows what audience they were pandering too. :wink:

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
jeff of pa said:
a Conviction for Fraud.

whether it is on not.

Did I not word what I wrote correctly? I said that Pastore was using the information FROM a known fraund and con man, Orvus Howk. If you have done any research on Howk at all you can find newspaper articles that report this, there are court documents where he has sued and been sued that refer to his fraudulent endeavors. Howk was definitely a con man, selling what ever information he could make up just to make a buck.

The fact that I don't believe in the KGC treasure myths has nothing to do with Howk's credibility, it is documented if anyone cared to take the time to research it. The beleivers in the KGC mega-bucks depositories like to rely on Howk's info but refuse to research the man or his info.

And I would beg to differ with you on your assumption that someone found something left by the KGC and proved me wrong. Pastore didn't find anything left by the KGC, there's no proof JJ or the KGC was ever on the property where he made his so called recovery and I have not been proven wrong. You have chosen to draw conclusions about something you don't have all of the information on. Apparently you are a believer in the KGC myths and have taken offense at my beliefs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alec said:
jeff of pa said:
a Conviction for Fraud.

whether it is on not.

Did I not word what I wrote correctly? I said that Pastore was using the information FROM a known fraund and con man, Orvus Howk. If you have done any research on Howk at all you can find newspaper articles that report this, there are court documents where he has sued and been sued that refer to his fraudulent endeavors. Howk was definitely a con man, selling what ever information he could make up just to make a buck.

The fact that I don't believe in the KGC treasure myths has nothing to do with Howk's credibility, it is documented if anyone cared to take the time to research it. The beleivers in the KGC mega-bucks depositories like to rely on Howk's info but refuse to research the man or his info.

And I would beg to differ with you on your assumption that someone found something left by the KGC and proved me wrong. Pastore didn't find anything left by the KGC, there's no proof JJ or the KGC was ever on the property where he made his so called recovery and I have not been proven wrong. You have chosen to draw conclusions about something you don't have all of the information on. Apparently you are a believer in the KGC myths and have taken offense at my beliefs.

I Read that part wrong Alec,
However You also said:

"Pastore is an idiot that doens't know anything about treasure hunting except what he makes up or steals from other people."

Not sure The word "Idiot" Should Be used Considering you
are Talking about a Particular person

and "steals from other people" is definately pushing it.

are you claiming you believe all the carvings are fake also ?
That they spent all that time Carving Stone just to
Perpetrate a Hoax ?

No I know very Little on the KGC Not my area
But it always Upsets me When anyone
is so quick to put somone down for Believing in treasures
on a Treasure Hunting site.

Questioning things to a point actually Help
do better research, But those who Demand they are right & Treasure Hunters
are "Idiots" Are of No Help.

I Hope this explains My attitude.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Jeff, you might take note that Alec spent time working with Pastore on the site shown in the tv show. I would think that would give him some creedance in what he has to say. I would also think that calling someone an idiot isn't nearly as offensive as allowing someone to post tnet user's real names on open forums without their permission. If you will read the threads under the kgc forum you will find this has happened yet I don't see where you have jumped in there to say anything about it. It does seem you are being a bit biased. Just my humble opinion. :icon_pirat:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okietreasurehunter said:
Jeff, you might take note that Alec spent time working with Pastore on the site shown in the tv show. I would think that would give him some creedance in what he has to say. I would also think that calling someone an idiot isn't nearly as offensive as allowing someone to post tnet user's real names on open forums without their permission. If you will read the threads under the kgc forum you will find this has happened yet I don't see where you have jumped in there to say anything about it. It does seem you are being a bit biased. Just my humble opinion. :icon_pirat:

I Can't Just take for granted one is Offended by being called their real Names. IF One is Offended They can hit Report to Moderator
& report the post.

IF I see somone being called a "Liar" I Can
take for granted that is Offesive. But Most people
Like their own Names.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
jeff of pa said:
alec said:
jeff of pa said:
a Conviction for Fraud.

whether it is on not.

I Read that part wrong Alec,
However You also said:

"Pastore is an idiot that doens't know anything about treasure hunting except what he makes up or steals from other people."

Not sure The word "Idiot" Should Be used Considering you
are Talking about a Particular person

and "steals from other people" is definately pushing it.

are you claiming you believe all the carvings are fake also ?
That they spent all that time Carving Stone just to
Perpetrate a Hoax ?

No I know very Little on the KGC Not my area
But it always Upsets me When anyone
is so quick to put somone down for Believing in treasures
on a Treasure Hunting site.

Questioning things to a point actually Help
do better research, But those who Demand they are right & Treasure Hunters
are "Idiots" Are of No Help.

I Hope this explains My attitude.

Unlike the majority if not all of the other people on this forum I happen to have personal experience with Mr. Pastore. Because of this I think my opinions and descriptions are valid.

I don't know that I have ever demanded that I was right about anything. My reasons for posting on this and other forums is to get and give information. I have made my stance on the KGC very clear and I have also made my reasons for posting about the KGC very clear. There are two sides to the story and anyone wanting to search for the alleged KGC depositories needs to know that there are two sides so they can do their own research and draw their own conclusions.

As far as the carvings on that particular location are concerned, They are real. There is a lot of grafitti but there are several actual treasure related carvings including several maps. By his own admission Mr. Pastore can't interpret the symbols and I personally witnessed him walking by and ignoring carved maps (because he didn't know what they were) at that very same location because he doesn't have a clue about what he is doing.

I'm not guessing at what I am talking about. I have researched the property and the area history extensively, I have spent a lot of time with the family that owns the property and I have spent time on the property and I can put to rest, and have, a lot of the things Mr. Pastore said concerning the other mason jars found during his TV show. He, like several other KGC believers conveniently left out a lot of information that would have proven him wrong but that wouldn't have been good TV.

Would Pastore perpetrate a hoax just to get noticed? In a heartbeat!!

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
jeff of pa said:
okietreasurehunter said:

I Can't Just take for granted one is Offended by being called their real Names. IF One is Offended They can hit Report to Moderator
& report the post.

IF I see somone being called a "Liar" I Can
take for granted that is Offesive. But Most people
Like their own Names.
I am sure we all enjoy our real names but the point is that what right does someone have to post someone else name and personal information? There are issues like identity theft, possible home invasion. Calling someone a "idiot" is near as bad as contributing to the possible physical harm of someones life. Sticks and stones right? If you let words hurt you then you need to get thicker skin.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
You are right about using the moderate button, but I would think most people wouldn't like their real names used on an open forum do to identity theft. That is my only beef with it being used without my permission. I like my name just fine, but I also like being the only one using it not the whole country of Nigeria.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
ok, there is SOMETHING very STRANGE going on here with this WHOLE subject/topic/thread...

All I'm sayin'

:-\

It doesn't smell right.

there is influence being exercised.....

:D

Attachments

• poof.jpg
    poof.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,389

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions