$hare alleged KGC/Outlaw signs/symbols with/out absolute proof/ none required

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Because I think there is two sides to the story and the true believers will never mention anything that doesn't fit their theories. In my opinion, this is unfair to anyone new to treasure hunting that might be interested in the alleged KGC treasures. Remember, I fell into this trap myself. At the time when I beleived the KGC hid mega buck depositories there wasn't anybody argueing the other side. This was good for me in that it forced me to do my own research once it became obvious something was wrong with the theory.

By giving my opinion based on my own research and work in the field, it gives someone else reading the forum more information than they had. They don't have to believe what I say but they can take boths sides of the argument and then research what they want. When I started treasure hunting Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet. I'm just helping out! ;D

Attachments

• K675b.JPG
    K675b.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,627
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Hoss,

Thanks for your last post and pics. While we have not found the metal inside of the trees that I have posted so far, the trees and rocks do point to buried metal objects. ( smaller ones only 4-6" deep, larger ones around 18" some 33' apart, some 66' apart and some a lot farther... seems to be precise angles) better surveying equipment is in the future.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Alec,

I appreciate everything you have showed us and hope you continue. I have been on trails that I thought were Spanish/Jesuit etc. and something would show up to make me think KGC./Masonic or from that time period. If I only have Spanish/J s/s on a trail then that is what I consider that layout to be until shown otherwise .(by signs/symbols)

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Oddrock, I won't be debating any who, hows or whys on this particular string because you requested that we not and that you were just interested in markers and signs.

I will say that I agree with a lot of your last post. There were other people here, long before Columbus, and some of those people were looking for things of value. It's only human nature that other "groups" that came along might try to find what anyone before them had found or hid.

I also agree with following trails. I work a trail as a specific type, outlaw, Spanish, (even KGC Hoss), until I find something that says otherwise. To me, it's all about interpreting the clues and getting to the end.

Attachments

• DSC_6061-2.jpg
    DSC_6061-2.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 2,479

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Thanks for sharing all the pic's and sides of the beliefs. Don't have any pic's to share yet, but have a
piece of property I will be investigating in the near future and will share what I find. Looks to have promise.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Spanish bird

Attachments

• bird, perched.jpg
    bird, perched.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 2,336
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Alec,

Nice bird. Here is another.

Wldbil,

Welcome in...look forward to seeing your pics in the future.

Attachments

• 053 (640x431).jpg
    053 (640x431).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,347

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Thanks oddrock!

Attachments

• cairn ok.jpg
    cairn ok.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,257

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks to everyone who has shared their pictures, and ideas on their meanings. I haven't seen anything close to these, however, I do enjoy reading about them.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
bsloan,

Welcome aboard...keep your eyes open... some things are on public land/city parks etc.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Big Hoss,

Sorry you have left us or been on vacation? The 338 degrees you mentioned is what we have on one trail! Not sure if you thought I was choseing sides or what...will not bother you anymore as you did not respond to my private message.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
oddrock Picture 053 seems to me to be a face looking up. I've seen one like it and found it meant to look all around as there are one or more things you need to see. Jim

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
I was kind of looking forward to seeing some more of Big Hoss' photos myself.

Attachments

• DSC_6251-2.jpg
    DSC_6251-2.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 2,388

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
oddrock said:
Big Hoss,

Sorry you have left us or been on vacation? The 338 degrees you mentioned is what we have on one trail! Not sure if you thought I was choseing sides or what...will not bother you anymore as you did not respond to my private message.

Hmmmm...I wrote you a long response to your PM. Not sure why you didn't get it. :icon_scratch:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alec:
Did the Spanish bird monument in #52 lead you to your avatar?

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
tertiaryjim said:
oddrock Picture 053 seems to me to be a face looking up. I've seen one like it and found it meant to look all around as there are one or more things you need to see. Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the input. This one changes as you walk around it. The photo posted, to me has a man's face in the upper center. Three steps in either direction and it changes to an eagle or vulture head...there is more to see from this spot so your line of thinking does seem to fit.

After studying the pic for awhile it came to me as viewed by you...had to open my old mind and quit focasing on what I was used to seeing. I have turned it on it's side and marked. Is this what you were seeing?

Attachments

• 053_(640x431).jpg
    053_(640x431).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,190

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread