$hare alleged KGC/Outlaw signs/symbols with/out absolute proof/ none required

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Shortstack said:
alec:
Did the Spanish bird monument in #52 lead you to your avatar?

That bird did not lead to the heart rock on the avatar. They are several miles apart and not connected. The heart in my avatar takes you to a cave where there are/were some spanish carvings.

KFC, KGC I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that! Maybe the group has invested some of it's mega millions in a couple of franchises! :laughing9:

Attachments

• DSC_6301.JPG
    DSC_6301.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 2,203

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
oddrock Now that youve turned it on its side look at the left side. I see the full face profile and eye. Sorry-spent a while trying to get an example posted . Will try to sort out my problem and get back.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
tertiaryjim said:
oddrock Now that youve turned it on its side look at the left side. I see the full face profile and eye. Sorry-spent a while trying to get an example posted . Will try to sort out my problem and get back.
TJim,
The face profile does stand out.

A note to everybody....I realize I am mixing s/s that may be a lot older than KGC/outlaw....but then they are sometimes mixed on a trail.
Here is another example of a tree marker.

Attachments

• june 24 2010 008 (640x464).jpg
    june 24 2010 008 (640x464).jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 2,190

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Finally got this example to load. This is spanish or mexican. Means to look all around for further information.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 2,184
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tjim

That is a great lookin head. Great features, thanks for posting. Here is one of mine... Oddrock.

Attachments

• 026 (427x640).jpg
    026 (427x640).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,185
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Any one been on a trail they believed to be KGC and uncovered a water well bucket or a washtub with the bottom portion smoothly cut off? (handles intact and the item otherwise in good shape)

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
I've know of an outlaw site where a bucket was found with a hole deliberately cut into the bottom of a bucket, actually two.

Attachments

• DSC_6354-3.jpg
    DSC_6354-3.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 2,099
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
alec said:
I've know of an outlaw site where a bucket was found with a hole deliberately cut into the bottom of a bucket, actually two.
Alec,

Can you narrow it down a little for us slow learners..... two holes in one bucket? one hole in two buckets, or two trails with one....?? What is your interpretation?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Two different buckets on two different trails. One bucket appeared to have the hole cut it in so it would not hold water, the bucket was buried without a lid.

The second bucket had a lid on it and a hole in the bottom and in this case something was found a little deeper under the bucket (about a foot). It was assumed the hole in the bucket was to indicate you should "look through" the bucket and deeper in the ground. It could be that this hole was also to let moisture drain but there is no way to know for sure. It's just a given to check holes after I have pulled something from the ground but back then they wouldn't have been running a detector.

I have heard the interpretation of "looking through" the bucket from a few other hunters also so this may be a good interpretation.

Attachments

• DSC_6423-2.jpg
    DSC_6423-2.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 2,097

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the need to warn all members of one method that is being used to determine the exact locations of your potential treasure sites and photographs. This is one reason why, after a very expensive lesson learned last winter, that I no longer post digital photographs of any of my treasure signs here or anywhere else online. It is called geotagging or GPS photograph tracking. Thieves can take any copy of a digital photograph, which was taken by a camera containing this GPS device, and find out the precise coordinates of where the photograph was taken. In other words, they can take this information and drive directly to the tree, rock, or anywhere else this digital photograph was taken. Thieves and hackers can even hack into your computer and remove your photographs and, from them, can determine this valuable information. Here are a couple of sites which explain this process:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

http://www.ppgis.net/photo_gps.htm

Do you still wonder why so many people are engaged in "fishing" for information and photographs? :coffee2:

~Texas Jay

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
The big thing here is that the camera you are using has to have the GPS tagging device. Most cameras do not have this as a standard feature although you can by a GPS tagger for a lot of the mid to high end DSLR's.

99% of cameras don't have this feature so relax, enjoy life a little! Not everyting is a conspiracy.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alec, if 99% of the cameras do not have this device, then the hackers only need to find the 1% that do to hit the jackpot. Don't worry, I am enjoying life a lot. :coffee2:
~Texas Jay

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Well sure they can, provided they can find the map that goes with the clues, can interpret the clues properly to take them to the cache location, get lucky enough that the cache is still there and hasn't already been recovered and recover the cache without getting into trouble.

Sounds simple enough. I don't think there are too many treasure hunters out there using a GPS tagging system on their cameras. I don't know of too many that will lug a full size DSLR capable of accepting a GPS tagging device to a treasure site.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, members are of course free to either heed or not heed this warning. At the very least, it should educate other members about something to consider when purchasing their next digital cameras and what to look for in the cameras they are currently using. I'm kind of surprised that it has not been mentioned here before now.
~Texas Jay

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
I would agree that it is a good thing to keep in mind. I just know from experience that you have to want the GPS tagging for it to even occur and I only know of professional and some semi professional photographers that use the GPS tagging.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
OK

Anyone have any "safe signs/symbols" to share or do we want to quit the thread?

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
alec said:
It doesn't look like too many people want to share.
Well Alec,

I can certainly live with that. I will post this one (items found near hoot owl trees ...not in an old dump) then we can piss on the fire and call the dogs. :laughing9:

Attachments

• 095 (640x480).jpg
    095 (640x480).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2,004
  • 095 (640x480).jpg
    095 (640x480).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,906
  • 095 (640x480).jpg
    095 (640x480).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,873

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
OK

Oddrock
I am not sure what you mean by safe signs/symbols...Do you mean a container that represents a cache?...Steve

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
stevesno said:
oddrock said:
OK

Oddrock
I am not sure what you mean by safe signs/symbols...Do you mean a container that represents a cache?...Steve

Stevesno,

I meant pics with out GPS incuded as pointed out by TexasJay a little ways back in this thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions