have you heard any thing about this

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

La Panza kid

I know that jesse and frank james came out and stayed with there uncle drery james on the La Panza Ranch. My question is do any of you know if they might of brought any thing with them are anything they might have hidden out here? Plz help thanks Oh yea Bob Brewer If you have seen this I like your book Shadow of the sentinel I learned alot from it thanks I hope you could sign it for me!?! thanks alot for your help!!!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey LaPanza,

It's not very likely that Jesse or Frank James had anything more than a passing acquaintance with the KGC. They would have been more closely related to the KKK, of which the KGC was a part. See, as an outlaw, Jesse and Frank would not have had the time for the administrative aspects of the job. They were always either on the run, or in hiding. The KGC was actually a part of the KKK. As a Confederate and anti-umionist, he had the immediate assistance of almost everyone in the South as well as all his relatives. My personal beliefs about Jesse James is that he was hanging out with the KKK, and not the KGC. Occasionally, when he and Frank were in hiding, they took jobs from businesses owned or managed by known KKK Members. I think that's where his history may have gotten intertwined with the KGC.

But who knows, he may have been a member.

Read my post about "KGC, Fact or Fiction......."

Best of luck-Mike

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
gollum said:
Hey LaPanza,

It's not very likely that Jesse or Frank James had anything more than a passing acquaintance with the KGC. They would have been more closely related to the KKK, of which the KGC was a part. See, as an outlaw, Jesse and Frank would not have had the time for the administrative aspects of the job. They were always either on the run, or in hiding. The KGC was actually a part of the KKK. As a Confederate and anti-umionist, he had the immediate assistance of almost everyone in the South as well as all his relatives. My personal beliefs about Jesse James is that he was hanging out with the KKK, and not the KGC. Occasionally, when he and Frank were in hiding, they took jobs from businesses owned or managed by known KKK Members. I think that's where his history may have gotten intertwined with the KGC.

But who knows, he may have been a member.

Read my post about "KGC, Fact or Fiction......."

Best of luck-Mike

Just wanted to comment on this... you may already know this but for the sake of the people reading.
Don't confused the "resurrected" KKK be taken as the same "original" KKK. the original KKK was from 1865-1870s and the purpose of this group was more sort of a smoke screen or a diversion from the KGC once the Civil War was ended so the government would focus else where. It did however get to violent against blacks and other supporters of the government, because of the cry of the Confederacy. When this happened, the KGC washed their hands of them and completely and denounced the KKK. Now the "resurrected" KKK emerged in 1915, under William Joseph Simmons, as an anti-black, anti-Jewish and anti-Catholic nationwide organization.
I guess the main difference was the intended purpose of the organization then anything, but still very important to know.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Goldback do you have anything to validate the claim you made saying the KGC washed their hands of the KKK? I often hear speculation of what happened to the KGC after the war but very little verified proof.

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
okietreasurehunter said:
Goldback do you have anything to validate the claim you made saying the KGC washed their hands of the KKK? I often hear speculation of what happened to the KGC after the war but very little verified proof.

Well if you do some thorough research on the matter of the "creation" of the KGC and the masterminds behind it, it really was largely if not completely a political organization for the means to an end. I have read several different books by different authors who has made intriguing comments on their own personal research and about the "original" KKK, as well as the CopperHeads of that time. It makes complete sense, think about it, the Civil "War" is over all of the South and south's sympathizers are infuriated and declares a second Civil War will be coming.

The KGC, being a huge "puppet master" (my own words) of the Confederacy has decided to go underground and knows all too well the Government is now out looking for them and is focus on bringing these "traitors" to justice. The KGC needs an escape goat. If you do some research the first KKK organization, the man who created it, (his names escapes me right now but I will look him back up and re-post the name) was tied into the KGC, now was he a solid member or just a sympathizer I do not know for sure, but he was involved to a degree with the KGC.

I think the best book for you to read for verified proof would be "CopperHeads" I forget the author but its a pretty good size book that has all the political views of the Copperheads and it also has some really interesting facts about the KGC and how they each tied into one another. I believe it was written by a journalist but not sure its been awhile since I read that book and took notes on it.

I have tons of notes on this issue and I will post them here the next chance I get.

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
I don't know but it might be worth checking out the Spanish history on the La Panza Ranch.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Nathan Bedford Forrest , Gen (retired) CSA .

Yep, and when he saw how some chapters of "his" KKK were going rogue and turning mean, he resigned his position and washed his hands of the whole deal. A group in the Mississippi / Alabama area called themselves The Knights of the White Camealia, but later were absorbed by the KKK organization.

The original purpose of the FIRST KKK organization was to combat the spread of influence of the Carpetbaggers and Scalawags and had nothing to do with "race".

Back to the original question that's the basis for this thread. YES, there are KGC caches and vaults that are supposedly hidden in California. I read a story by KVM of how he had traced a large cache to the Los Angeles area and was sure it was located underneath a pressent day Interstate highway. His story is actually funny and no, he wasn't able to verify the location because he couldn't get close enough for close up inspection and dropped the project.

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
La Panza kid said:
I know that jesse and frank james came out and stayed with there uncle drery james on the La Panza Ranch. My question is do any of you know if they might of brought any thing with them are anything they might have hidden out here? Plz help thanks Oh yea Bob Brewer If you have seen this I like your book Shadow of the sentinel I learned alot from it thanks I hope you could sign it for me!?! thanks alot for your help!!!

Its very possible that they were there for more than just a visit, but no way to know for sure.
However, to share with you a small piece of known fact (that is for those who have seen it and talked to the people who have seen it) about Cali and KGC treasure, there is "somewhere" not saying where for obvious reasons, a small cave like structure where burlap bags are filled with unprocessed gold dug straight from the earth. And by going there without permission could and has landed people in prison for years and years!! Be warned
Its really the perfect place for a treasure to be hidden, though I'm sure it was not intended when they hide the cache there in the first place to be guarded so vigorously, lol.

deeznuggets

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2009
yep thats where the big one is. the kgc is alive and well in ca.its buried under the 40' owl of the bohemian club. :laughing9: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread