PLEASE oh please do this if you are diggin up a Pot of $$ where I am lookin....

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Some of the old time treasure hunters would do this. I know of one site where they left a pocketknife in a can. There was another where they left aluminum foil in the hole. Most of the time you just find the hole they left.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
okietreasurehunter said:
There was another where they left aluminum foil in the hole.

Yup! I leave a whole box of Reynolds Wrap in the holes of all my KGC recoveries.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
I usually leave beanie weanie cans but in one hole I left a big rock we carved Hi Bob on. Sometimes you just have to have a bit of humor when out in the field.

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Proper ettiquette requires that you leave a horseshoe, toe up, and if you find a horseshoe toe up then tie a piece of wire around it. Of course I read somewhere once that a fellow dug a horseshoe with three pieces of modern wire tied to it and kept the shoe and kept on searching and found nothing else, but he didn't know any better. Some kind of definitive indicator posted prominently would save the valuable time spent searching.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this is posted under KGC I will reply to it as such. In my experiences there are clues left behind that the cache has been retrieved. In some areas very close to the cache there would be a tree that was barren of bark...there would be hashmarks carved into the tree. These hash marks would represent the distance to the cache. This tree had been chopped down with an axe leaving about 4' of the tree still standing.. In other areas the pointer rocks would all have the tip knocked off.... Steve

Tanelorn

Feb 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just leave a message or something. I would not condone destroying or defacing historic markers, but thats just me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the accusations I'v seen over the
years, of certain people trying to throw
others off on Purpose.
How confident could you be,
you are not being missled in the hopes
you give up ?

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in the middle of my pasture. It's probably just a horse shoe. But then it was upright with the wire about 2" down and the shoe standing toe up. No other signs around.

Attachments

• 100_2605a.jpg
    100_2605a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 153

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the accusations I'v seen over the
years, of certain people trying to throw
others off on Purpose.
How confident could you be,
you are not being missled in the hopes
you give up ?

Jeff you are right. I have been told by a "reliable" person that a centain treasure was found. But, they never gave any proof of it.
I believe this treasure to yet be out there. Don't throw away years of research, and hard work, unless you know for a fact, the
target you are looking for has been found.

HH Roadquest

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
In KVM's books the pros left a crushed cig pack (maybe Camel, Lucky Strike) behind to signal the cache had been recovered.
Then in the late 70s they started leaving Cool Menthol packs. In the 90's Quit Cigarette packs were used but it was too late
and the older THers succumed to lung cancer aggravated by ED Syndrome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions