Who can make sense of these signs?

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
okietreasurehunter said:
Please use any information provided by Orvus Lee Houk and J. Frank Dalton. That way I feel safe knowing that the treasure will still be there when I go to look for it. Keep up the good work TJ!
I have to agree with Okie. I started out trying to help goverton figure out a site I thought he actually wanted help with. But what I should have known it wouldn't take long for a certain someone to come along and start quoting fiction and calling people naysayers. A expert in his own mind. Some one who in 2006 I quote as saying "While I am a veteran metal detector hobbyist, I am quite new at this KGC thing" is now in only 4 years and 10 months is a apparent expert compared to people who have been researching most of their adult lives. Good Ol' TJ keeps pumping out that info to misguide folks and Okie we can keep finding it and trying to help folks find it.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
I've decided it's easier to just let them spout whatever info they want about Houk and Dalton. If folks want to swallow it hook, line, and sinker that is their own fault since there is so much info out there to show the truth of what cons they were. So grab up them KGC treasure templates and head out and get rich. Then again, the only way to get rich with the KGC is to write a book.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have finally cracked the codes on my maps!!

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
In support of TJ and his post, "Jesse James and the Lost Cause". These underground cities do exist and several have been found, most by accident. I cannot remember the the town or state this took place in, but about 7-8 years ago, I read/saw on the net a story about how a complete underground 'city' was found. The modern people had absolutely no knowledge of its' existence.

If memory serves me correctly it was discovered because the owner of a store noticed the brick work on one wall at the bottom of a flite of stairs, was a little different than the other walls. The owner had some preliminary work done and determined there was a hollow behind the wall. He had workmen break through the wall, and when they went in they found another stairway going deeper. At the bottom of this stairway they were dumbfounded to find a well layed out 'city'.

The photos that accompanied the article showed store fronts with living quarters, either behind or next to the store. The buildings were complete with glass and doors; the doors were closed but not locked, and still in perfect working order. There was evidence that people had lived in the area for some time. There were all the usual chairs, tables, washstands, and other day to day living needs still in place. Stoves had piping going upwards and were apparently fitted into flues that were located in buildings above ground. All the flue openings were closed off concealing any evidence of their existence.

A few other sealed exits were found that ended at the basement walls of other above ground establishments. None of the owners were aware of these entrance/exits.

Counters were in place in business establishments. The streets were clean and devoid of trash. It was estimated that up to 400 hundred or so people could have lived in the place. When and why the people left is not known. It was obvious they left in a very orderly manner. The entrances were walled up with the knowledge of the above ground people.

This apparently was a secret community. There are no records of this underground community or who built it over what period of time. There was no mention of it found in any record anywhere. From the type of construction it was determined that it had been built in the last quarter of the 19th century.

I checked on line by typing in "Underground Cities" or "Towns" but could not find any info on this particular one. I would definitely remember the photos if I had. Perhaps someone of the members might recall reading about it.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GRILLZ,
THAT SOUNDS A LOT LIKE THE STORY OF EUREKA SPRINGS ARKANSAS.
THEIR DOWN TOWN AREA COULDN'T KEEP UP WITH THE REST OF TOWN AS IT WAS A FAST GROWING TOURIST TOWN DUE TO IT'S SO CALLED HEALING SPRINGS.
THOSE SAME SPRINGS AND SOME POOR CITY PLANNING CAUSED THE MAIN STREETS TO FLOOD AND CREATE PROBLEMS FOR THE TOURIST INDUSTRY THERE.

THE CITY PLANNERS GOT TOGETHER AND MADE A NEW PLAN TO CREATE STREETS ABOUT TEN TO FIFTEEN FEET ABOVE THE OLD STREETS, WHICH MADE THE ORIGINAL SHOPS AND BUSINESS BUILDINGS UNDER GROUND, AND THE NEW SHOPS WERE BUILT ON TOP OF THE OLD AND THE CITY WORKERS RELAID SEWER AND OTHER SERVICES, SOME DIRECTLY ON THE OLD STREET.
THE OLD STORE FRONTS WERE LEFT IN PLACE AND JUST BRICKED UP TO MAKE SOLID WALLS TO KEEP FLOOD WATER OUT OF THE NEW STORE'S OLD BASEMENTS.

A LARGE CHUNK OF PAVEMENT FELL THRU SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND SUDDENLY EVERY BODY DISCOVERED THIS "UNDERGROUND CITY" WHICH WASN'T NEWS TO ANY ONE THAT HAD LIVED THERE VERY LONG AT ALL.

I CAN SEE THIS SAME THING HAPPENING ELSEWHERE AND JUST BEING FORGOTTEN ONLY TO BE DISCOVERED AGAIN AFTER ENOUGH TIME HAS PASSED.

IT COULD HAPPEN ANY WHERE

:coffee2: :coffee2:
PROSPECTORMIKEL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread